PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion System Maps

Itazura25
29th Sep 2013, 06:45
At the beginning I say that this is just a suggestion. I hope it interesting you about it and get some of you write it yourself.

In my opinion it would be an interesting solution introduction of random maps. Each map differed from each other by every detail. Another setting of buildings and their types, narrower streets and the main streets, start the game in a completely different place. The game then will not be so monotonous ... and players will no longer learn the maps on the memory.

My other suggestion is to introduce a system battle maps .... All players have a chance to appear on the line of defense of people or a widening of the dark vampire. Every game expands or reduces the territory of a faction.

What do you think about this?

Sorry. My English is not the best. : < :worship:

lucinvampire
29th Sep 2013, 12:35
Cool ideas...I'm hoping for some maps :D

Swagraven
29th Sep 2013, 12:49
Random maps might work, but it would decrease the chance of sneaking story telling elements into the game. I really feel like you can tell a good story with an environment, and they wouldn't be able to make it really clear what that story is if it was random. Maybe if they had a randomized map option. Like if that option was selected to play on you'd get a random map, but then they could also have the static maps.

Itazura25
29th Sep 2013, 14:22
Random maps might work, but it would decrease the chance of sneaking story telling elements into the game.

If the map in circles persists as a normal fps then what is the point of telling the story?

Perhaps I did not understand, but if you is not about the story / plot / tale in the online game? the same as in film or book.

Itazura25
29th Sep 2013, 14:32
My idea is based on a random manipulation of objects in the game. Each map has a certain amount kinds of houses, barrels, boxes, streets, tree, cave. When we start a new map server stirred us all set so that the map is kept the same appearance but different in August setting. For instance struggle continues in the city so it's a completely different part of the city streets. If the fight goes to the forest map is a set of trees and hills is quite innne. But you have to remember that the maps have always been balanced for each faction.

RainaAudron
29th Sep 2013, 15:33
The maps have to be balanced out, not giving either of the teams too much advantage, and this has to be properly tested, so I do not see how a random map could work in this regard.

Moesph
29th Sep 2013, 15:45
Well rather than them being fully randomized and generated upon entering, instead have several premade maps of that particular area, so a city would have say 5 maps, each one appearing in a different portion, but still balanced out similar to each other, it would then be easier to test and implement additional maps for that city. So you have several places in Nosgoth to play in, when you select the city, which of the 5 city maps you are placed in is random. This should give both variation and the possibility of story injection, if the story talks of the city in general, it won't matter what part you are placed in.

Itazura25
29th Sep 2013, 16:19
A good way to resolve this issue would be to create a large city as a battlefield .... dividing the area into several parts and create a system that address those parts together combined with appropriate match for the players, but in my opinion
simple solution is to create a template that will randomly add game objects such as buildings and streets. In this way, the map will be referred to certain buildings and it will not stand out from the history of the game.

Online game based on PvP gameplay like all shooters can not be based on the history of the game .... because when the map was 500 will be pre-loaded onto the same game that is sure to include some story there?

Vampmaster
29th Sep 2013, 17:06
If you're talking about randomly placed buildings and structures, I'd be concerned about that type of thing requiring the environments being really generic in order to support things moving around like that.

MasterShuriko
29th Sep 2013, 17:43
interesting idea non the less

Wraithblade6
29th Sep 2013, 20:37
Open. World.

AlterRequiem
29th Sep 2013, 21:21
If there could be a stealth mechanic implemented into the reaver class with mist around the map, i would be ecstatic.

also would love to see maps based on previously explored areas in the series such as the Eternal Prison from BO2.
aesthetically speaking, that map would be incredible.

Swagraven
30th Sep 2013, 00:55
If the map in circles persists as a normal fps then what is the point of telling the story?

Perhaps I did not understand, but if you is not about the story / plot / tale in the online game? the same as in film or book.

It's not like actually telling a story, like revealing plot, but you can find information and further lore with what you put in a map. It's not necessarily the point, but we all love the story so much, I like the idea of them including little clues about a kind of unsaid story. Like...if you've ever played Portal 2, they put in little hidden areas, and hidden messages from a character you never even see. You get a story just by what's in the environment. :)

D_for_Dewan
30th Sep 2013, 14:31
At the beginning I say that this is just a suggestion. I hope it interesting you about it and get some of you write it yourself.

In my opinion it would be an interesting solution introduction of random maps. Each map differed from each other by every detail. Another setting of buildings and their types, narrower streets and the main streets, start the game in a completely different place. The game then will not be so monotonous ... and players will no longer learn the maps on the memory.

That would be nice, but they would then probably do it as in Diablo 3, which would still be nice since the map would look familiar, yet the elements and positions of objects would change. Personally I don't agree with open world, since this is an online game, and open world games become boring for me.