PDA

View Full Version : How you want Tomb Raider 10 AE? if it's a TR1 remake

danny.rex
4th Aug 2006, 04:27
I don't know if there is already a thread like this (if there is any, sorry)

A thread to post how you would like the 10 Anniversary edition to be
what things it should get from the original, from Legend or totally new

Here is what I would like

Lara Croft:
- The Legend model
- Classic outfit, hairstyle, accesories
- The Legend moves and control system
- The Legend combat system against humans
- But should improve agains animals, adding some special attacks against them and maybe adding some underwater against the crocodiles

Enemies:
- Most of the enemies should be animals and monsters, as the original
- The only humans should be the long fights with Larson, Pierre and the rest

The puzzles:
- Alike puzzles to the original (if they're the same everyone who completed the original will know how to solve it) and incluiding the Legend physics system

The levels and story:
- The same history as the original
- The same level loctions, but obviously with the new graphics
- The same cut-scenes (maybe adding some of the Legend "super-action" sequences)
- The great moments back, such as the Midas statue hand that turns everything in gold. and the t-rex fight, but doing more than just shooting and jumpin, maybe shooting the enviroments hazards as Legend (to make rocks hit the t-rex) and ending the fight with some super-action sequence.

Save system & Extras:
- The checkpoint system as Legend, but not so often
- Been able to replay the completed levels as Legend
- The extras alike Legend, the cinematics, characters profiles, maybe a few outfits
- The secrets as TR1, but unlocking extras too, as Legend

Manor:
- Her classic mansion, but more like TR2 or TR3 than TR1

Thats all I can think of right now ;)

Alexlovesguns
5th Aug 2006, 14:38
I can only think about what i dont want from Legend, though i think Legend was a decent game.

-Dont want the grapple.
-Dont want a headset, zip or Alistair.
-Dont want "super action" sequences.
-Dont want "talking" binoculars.
-Dont want PLS.
-Dont need 20 diferent outfits (what a waste of developing time).

I dont want more Lara Croft, she's a overdone character already!! Just a challenging and well thought Tomb Raider game, good levels, platforming sequencies, puzzles, exploration...

And please no more graphical bugs/messed up textures and crappy models on the PC version!
Thank you very much :) .

burt_ie
6th Aug 2006, 09:22
I can only think about what i dont want from Legend, though i think Legend was a decent game.

-Dont want the grapple.
-Dont want PLS.

could not have put it better myself....

Oh and i dont want little pop up boxes appearing in the top corner of the screen explaining what to do next in order to progress, if they want that it should be only available on an easy option for the game.

shaahinkaaveh
6th Aug 2006, 13:21
The orginal game was sometimes easy because it was the first one. For example that simple first level isn't necessary this time. So they must try to make it more complicated.

I think they'd better not remove anything from the game, but add some new parts, locations (?), and puzzles.

kksmith
6th Aug 2006, 23:53

-Dont want the grapple.
-Dont want PLS.

I dont want more Lara Croft, she's a overdone character already!! Just a challenging and well thought Tomb Raider game, good levels, platforming sequencies, puzzles, exploration...

And please no more graphical bugs/messed up textures and crappy models on the PC version!
Thank you very much :) .

Agree with all but the last. Honestly, it's not really a "waste of development time" to allow unlockable outfits. It requires very little effort. Just some texture artists, and a tiny bit of modeling work (though in Legend there were only about 4 different outfit models and most were texture swaps - not counting Amanda of course :D). Overall, it's something very easy for them to do, that gives the game a bit of replayability in terms of setting some unlockable goals.

Oh and i dont want little pop up boxes appearing in the top corner of the screen explaining what to do next in order to progress, if they want that it should be only available on an easy option for the game.

??? What boxes? I don't recall any other than a few in the first tutorial mission (Bolivia)

Johnny
7th Aug 2006, 04:04

Tomb Raider isn't Tomb Raider without Lara Croft! ;)

I completely agree! It seems as if Crystal Dynamics completely shunned the PC users in terms of polished graphics and controls. Anyone can see that Legend was built for console and the PC version was left on the sideline.

burt_ie
7th Aug 2006, 20:12
What i mean is the text at the top corner of the screen, everytime Lara reaches a puzzle or a tricky situation the text allways appears telling you how to progress, i find that quite annoying as it takes away the "figure it out yourself" ellement of exploring.

kksmith
7th Aug 2006, 20:19
What i mean is the text at the top corner of the screen, everytime Lara reaches a puzzle or a tricky situation the text allways appears telling you how to progress, i find that quite annoying as it takes away the "figure it out yourself" ellement of exploring.

I'm still not sure what you're talking about. The only hints I can think of are what Zip & Allister say. Are you playing the PSP version or something? Maybe this is something they added to that?

burt_ie
7th Aug 2006, 20:26
Yes iam playing on the PS2, i dont know if it is any diffrent than the pc version.
Its like the boxes you said in the Bolivia level, they pop up quite often during the game, I kind of dont notice them so much now as i have got used to them being there but it was very annoying first time round fir me :(

kksmith
7th Aug 2006, 20:31
The PS2 version should be the same. Maybe I am just forgetting them but I really don't remember very many boxes like that. I suppose now that I think about it, occasionally if you got a new objective one might pop up - but they didn't have hints or anything.. It was stuff like "Press F to dive" or "Anaya is being chased by mercenaries.. Go save her!", etc. And I think they were very rare after Bolivia.

shaahinkaaveh
8th Aug 2006, 19:58
The boxes tell you how to use Amanda's machine, how to finish Kazakhstan, and a few things like that. But you're right: They're not that frequent. The most annoying hints come from Zip and Alister.

Kaztor
8th Aug 2006, 20:32
There need to be a few twists, like: Animals approaching from different places, some altered puzzles, secrets on different spots, etc. Things to keep the seasoned Tomb Raider fan on it's toes.