PDA

View Full Version : TG / TMA map screenshots?

Fafhrd
4th Aug 2006, 04:10
I've been trying to work out a D&D campaign set in The City, so I've been revisiting the old haunts in game and trying to take screenshots of important items and, more importantly for my poor muscles' sakes, of the maps, but it won't take a screenshot of the map screen at all.

Basically, I just don't have a good setup at my computer desk to be able sketch them well (or comfortably) off of the screen, so it would be easier to screenshot and print them to work out something. I know I've seen map screenshots before, so there has to be a way to take them.

Hopefully its not something wonky with my machine, although I can always dig out one of the old computers and try...

Thanks.

Peter_Smith
4th Aug 2006, 06:32
Nothing is wonky. The Thief screen shot does not work with anything other than a game scene. Hypersnap can take screen shots of anything while the game is running, including maps, using a hot key. It also has image editing and annotation tools. There are free screen capture programs out there, too, but I don't know which ones, if any, operate with DirectX.

Fafhrd
7th Aug 2006, 06:52
Oh good. I'll search around for a program then. I have a few friends who've never been introduced to the series and don't have a computer, so this is probably the best way to get at least some word out on the series :)

Sluggs
9th Aug 2006, 02:00
Paint Shop Pro has a good screen capture function, (the last 4 or 5 versions have anyway)

If you have PSP, go to: File/Import/Screen Capture/Setup and configure it in there. I haven't known PSP not being able to capture from a game. I've used it often to capture in-game screenshots when said games didn't seem have a screenshot function, or as in thief, when you can't take a screenie of the maps or readables.