PDA

View Full Version : Problem in Bolivia?

IceViking
2nd Aug 2006, 13:52
Morning all...

This is for my daughter who's stuck fast on Bolivia - I'm refusing to do it for her, but thought I'd ask on here as I haven't a bloody clue how to go about it, since I've never played it. :lmao:

Basically, the part with the large room where you have to move the crates from the lower level to the higher level onto the pressure spots (if that makes sense) using the see-saw/catapault doodad.

Her problem is, she can find no way of actually getting the crates onto there in the first place - the one spot she can push a crate onto has a ledge just in front of it, which means they only go so far on then slide back off again.

Any thoughts or general info would be much appreciated, so hopefully this will make sense as she's driving me crazy trying to figure it out. :nut:

Just as an aside, this is the first game she's loved since she got her PS2 a couple of weeks ago, so I'd rather she didn't get too disillusioned just yet... ;)

Thanks all...dammit, I'm waffling again...

Mangar The Dark
2nd Aug 2006, 14:32
First, pull the crate out from under the see-saw so that the see-saw tips down. Now, push the crate onto the see-saw. When it's on the see-saw, let go of it, but don't run away from the see-saw just yet. In other words, have Lara use her body to hold the crate on the see-saw (yes, the crate will start to slide down, but it will stop when it hits Lara.) Once the crate has stopped sliding, you can walk away from the see-saw, and the crate will stay in place (takes a bit of fiddling around sometimes, but it's not too difficult.)

Now, walk to the little ledge above the higher end of see-saw and jump onto it, sending the crate flying onto the ledge above. Just keep doing this until you have three crates on the upper level.

IceViking
2nd Aug 2006, 15:38
First, pull the crate out from under the see-saw so that the see-saw tips down. Now, push the crate onto the see-saw. When it's on the see-saw, let go of it, but don't run away from the see-saw just yet. In other words, have Lara use her body to hold the crate on the see-saw (yes, the crate will start to slide down, but it will stop when it hits Lara.) Once the crate has stopped sliding, you can walk away from the see-saw, and the crate will stay in place (takes a bit of fiddling around sometimes, but it's not too difficult.)

Now, walk to the little ledge above the higher end of see-saw and jump onto it, sending the crate flying onto the ledge above. Just keep doing this until you have three crates on the upper level.
Thanks for that. :D

She's just tried it, and the crates are just going straight up in the air without actually going onto the ledge...is this because she isn't jumping with enough force to get them up there at an angle?

I know I'm useless at these games, and hence clueless so I have no idea how these games actually work... :rolleyes:

Mangar The Dark
2nd Aug 2006, 17:09
Huh... that's bizarre. I can honestly say, I've never seen that happen. Anyone else have any ideas about this?

IceViking
2nd Aug 2006, 17:12
Huh... that's bizarre. I can honestly say, I've never seen that happen. Anyone else have any ideas about this?
No, it's fine, she's done it now. :D

Thanks for the help, though...doubtless I'll be on here again soon to ask for help for her...I can't think why she keeps asking me for help when I've never played it! :lol:

All I keep hearing is "muuuuummmm...." Daft buggers... ;)

Sophia Leigh
2nd Aug 2006, 23:43
It just means that she wasn't quite jumping in line with and onto the highest point of the see-saw.

I'm glad your daughter made it through IceViking :)