PDA

View Full Version : Mini Review Of Tomb Raider Legend

* Amber *
1st Aug 2006, 16:30
First of all i would like to say that TOMB RAIDER LEGEND really has brought Lara back :) After Tomb Raider 3 the series was going downhill and i stopped playing it. It had gone stale and was getting repetitive and boring. Then the awful Angel Of Darkness came out and was murdered by critics. I thought to give it a chance but eventually agreed with them. Then i heard of TRL and thought it looked excellent (i was right) i bought it and finished it within the day. My only problem was the lack of levels. They were so short . But other than that it really was a fantastic game :D and has reinvented the tomb raider series :) :)

dulcetpurr
1st Aug 2006, 17:01
I mostly agree with you. I think of all the opinions I've read, everyone agrees on one thing: Legend was just too short! :)

Mangar The Dark
1st Aug 2006, 17:12
You finished it in a DAY??? Jeez! How long do you sit in front of your computer (or tv, or whatever)? It took me about a week, playing for an hour or so each day. (roughly 12 hours playing time.) Yes, it's still short, but there's no way I could have finished it in a day without getting some serious cramps from sitting so long.

dulcetpurr
1st Aug 2006, 17:16
*nodnods to Mangar* I was a bit baffled by people saying they finished it in a day as well. I mean...I spend a lot of time in front of the computer and the TV...too much time, I'll admit...but not that much! It took me a good 4 or 5 days to finish the game the first time.

LaraGirl216
2nd Aug 2006, 10:24
It took me 2 weeks because although I think I spend too much time on my playstation I am really busy most of the time.

Mangar The Dark
2nd Aug 2006, 14:38
Really, anyone who sits in front of their PC or Xbox or whatever for 10-12 hours straight, and then complains about finishing a game too quickly, just isn't being fair to game designers. That means even if they made the game twice as long (which I think would be a very generous length), some of you would finish it in two days! I don't even know how anyone have the attention span to do that-- don't you start thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, maybe I should go outside? (Or read a book, or clean the house, or do SOMETHING that requires getting off the couch?)"

dulcetpurr
2nd Aug 2006, 17:16
*nodnodnodnods* Obesity in this country is at an all time high. I can see why.

IceViking
2nd Aug 2006, 18:43
You finished it in a DAY??? Jeez! How long do you sit in front of your computer (or tv, or whatever)? It took me about a week, playing for an hour or so each day. (roughly 12 hours playing time.) Yes, it's still short, but there's no way I could have finished it in a day without getting some serious cramps from sitting so long.

Is'nt tomb raider legend at least 500hrs long no-one could finish that in a day!
(unless they were an expert)

Mangar The Dark
3rd Aug 2006, 14:34
Is'nt tomb raider legend at least 500hrs long no-one could finish that in a day!
(unless they were an expert)

Well, 500 hours is stretching things a bit. Honestly, Legend is quite short, and by far the easiest of the TR games. But it still took me around 12 hours, and I didn't find all of the hidden rewards. Now, if you want a TR game that's going to REALLY take a long time, play TR3 or 4... those are massive and far more difficult than Legend.

ziad
3rd Aug 2006, 22:50
erm people tomb raider legend is only 6 hours of play time, the other tomb raiders not including aod were at least 12 hours, second time round. so yes this game is very short and considering the puzzles weren't exactly brain teasing and the levels didn't even try to slow us down, i also would like to add i finished this game in a day and i spent two periods of 3 hours to complete it, and yes i has the rest of my day to do other things, so please people don't assume that we actually spend six hours non stop on a ps2.

Joshorty
4th Aug 2006, 04:11
ME TOO! And I played without ANYTHING (like guides and stiffs) figuring out the puzzles on my own (they weren't AS HARd but there were moments when I was stuck like in England, getting the coffin down to hold the door part...
Now, Legend is a piece of cake:cool:

Mangar The Dark
4th Aug 2006, 14:47
erm people tomb raider legend is only 6 hours of play time

If you race through it at top speed, taking absolutely no time at all to actually enjoy the environments, then yes, you probably could complete it in 6 hours. Though why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.

This kind of reminds me of a dog I used to have. When he saw me taking cheese out of the refridgerator, he would get so excited, and I would see him salivating in anticipation of getting a piece of it. So I'd give him a piece, and the moment it was in his mouth, he would toss his head back, swallow it, and wait for another. Seemed like a waste to me. I mean, why not enjoy it a bit before swallowing it? Same with Legend.

dulcetpurr
4th Aug 2006, 16:01
My first time through the game was around 12 hours, the second time through was around 9. Why people are so definitive on how much time the game takes, I don't know. Everybody plays different, and we're all gonna have different play times. If you're one that sits in front of your computer for 6 hours without moving only to insist that that's all the game takes, more power to ya. :rolleyes:

Joshorty
4th Aug 2006, 16:20
If you race through it at top speed, taking absolutely no time at all to actually enjoy the environments, then yes, you probably could complete it in 6 hours. Though why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.

This kind of reminds me of a dog I used to have. When he saw me taking cheese out of the refridgerator, he would get so excited, and I would see him salivating in anticipation of getting a piece of it. So I'd give him a piece, and the moment it was in his mouth, he would toss his head back, swallow it, and wait for another. Seemed like a waste to me. I mean, why not enjoy it a bit before swallowing it? Same with Legend.
I do that with my food too:D with sushi especially but heck might as well take the whole bite outof it...

Bloody Angel of Darkness
18th Aug 2006, 10:09
It took me 2 weeks because I rented it from a video club,lingered to enjoy the environments and find the majority of the rewards,got stuck in England,returned it to the video club and rented it again after 3 days but I found it short and too easy,too. After finishing the game my second thought( after "Wow!,Yes!,etc.) was "Now what?".
Anw,this is supposed to be a review so: 1)I liked the story,despite the fact that there are holes.E.g Lara tells Alistair that the artifact is far older that he would imagine,and later she says that it predates Arthur by millenia.It is never explained,however, how old exactly it is,or what is it's origin in general. 2) Zip and Alistair. They are so funny! 4)The graphics and the sound.

P.S. Am I the only person who actually liked the Angel of Darkness?Although I didn't manage to finish it :(

StarChampagne
26th Aug 2006, 15:34
P.S. Am I the only person who actually liked the Angel of Darkness?Although I didn't manage to finish it :(

No, we do exist :)

Night_Heaven
26th Aug 2006, 16:03
Some opinions from me...:D
First.
1.Here in Romania Angel of Darkness is more know than Legend
2.Tomb Raider 3 was the best game (recived here a grade of 9.80-almost no game manage that)
3.Legend is a good game still Legend Lara does not look like Lara.She is asian or some sort O_O :D
4.I have graded Legend>superb and love it.:)

Lord Of Games
26th Aug 2006, 20:18
Would you please stop blabbering on about that its it impossible to complete legend in one day i did it in half a day, tops, its not that hard for it take 2 weeks to complete unless you had a lot on your mind. I started playing the game about 2 o'clock the day i got it and was done by 10 o'clock, see not hard at all. :cool:

ziad
7th Apr 2007, 16:15

lol trust me i did, i mean how long does it take someone to admire a cg corridor... it is a game not a peice of artwork, it's meant to be played not gawped at. and i did enjoy enviroments, just not for 70 hours lol