PDA

View Full Version : Music from Legend?

DitBolt
31st Jul 2006, 17:57
does anyone know where i can download the full lenght music from legend?
tombraiderchronicles.com is not working for me

jgxenite
10th Sep 2006, 14:28
There is a Russian website somewhere that made a music extractor for Tomb Raider Legend. It looks into the data files and extracts (almost) all of the music files into raw WAVE format. It does require about a GB of disk space in the drive you extract it to.

Jam

Headache
10th Sep 2006, 14:31
If you download LimeWire, you could find it there - it's where I got mine :D

LaraGirl216
10th Sep 2006, 14:32
Yeah so did I! :D :cool: :whistle:

jgxenite
10th Sep 2006, 14:33
Did you get the "watery" Croft Mansion theme? The extractor only gives you the normal one, not the one that you get when you enter the swimming pool section of her mansion.

Jam

Headache
10th Sep 2006, 14:36
Did you get the "watery" Croft Mansion theme? The extractor only gives you the normal one, not the one that you get when you enter the swimming pool section of her mansion.

Jam
Not quite sure if I know what you're talking about with the swimming pool... :confused:

jgxenite
10th Sep 2006, 14:37
I'm not quite sure how to explain it. There is the standard Croft Mansion background tune (the one with the nice piano playing in the background), but when you enter the swimming pool, it changes slightly (I think so anyway - it's a while since I've played the game). Just wondering if anyone had that alternative version...

Jam

LaraGirl216
10th Sep 2006, 14:39
I don't... sadly:( :( :(

Headache
10th Sep 2006, 14:42
I'm not quite sure how to explain it. There is the standard Croft Mansion background tune (the one with the nice piano playing in the background), but when you enter the swimming pool, it changes slightly (I think so anyway - it's a while since I've played the game). Just wondering if anyone had that alternative version...

Jam
I'll search for it. But I think it's a standard part of the mansion music.

jgxenite
10th Sep 2006, 14:49
Thanks Headache. I've played through the Mansion song many a time, and never noticed that variation specifically.

Jam

Headache
10th Sep 2006, 14:56
Thanks Headache. I've played through the Mansion song many a time, and never noticed that variation specifically.

Jam
No problem :thumbsup:
But I couldn't find anything anyway :mad2: The music from this particular TR game is hard to find.
My favorite tune from Legend is the main theme :D

jgxenite
10th Sep 2006, 15:01
Yeh, I love the theme tune too!

Well, no worries, just thought I would ask.

Jam

shaq
10th Sep 2006, 15:43
Music is very cool... Here is the link for all the music at the Polish website:
http://www.traider.pl/legend/files/ost_mix.zip [27.9 MB]

jgxenite
10th Sep 2006, 16:34
Just found the track I wanted :D. There is a free tool on the net which you can use to extract the music and models from the bigfiles in the PC version of Tomb Raider Legend, and then convert them into normal Wave files.

Jam

Headache
10th Sep 2006, 17:27
Music is very cool... Here is the link for all the music at the Polish website:
http://www.traider.pl/legend/files/ost_mix.zip [27.9 MB]
YAY!! Now I myself found something I was looking for. Thanks, Shaq :)

Piega
10th Sep 2006, 20:03

Jam

Yeah I know about that. There comes a saxophone in the swimming pool. I think that sound is saved in other channels. The first music ripper ripped the audio in it's raw state. That means it included all sounds like water, jungle and city noises. However it's not nice to listen too and as the audio has six channels the game decides the volume of each channel. With normal listening they all sound just as loud and that's not pretty. So I guess the saxophone is hidden in the other channels along with those water swimming pool sounds.

You know the music keeps playing when you enter the swimming pool so it's then when the other channels are coming in.

The music also shifts in the dark secret corridor but as you can hear this track plays on it's own and will be extracted by the ripper.

jgxenite
11th Sep 2006, 11:09
I think that sound is saved in other channels.

This seems to be the case - the ripper I have found rips directly from the MUL files and includes all the audio tracks.

So I guess the saxophone is hidden in the other channels along with those water swimming pool sounds.

Yeh, such was the case. When I extracted the raw WAVE file and put it into Audacity, I got six tracks - the top two being the normal Croft Mansion tune, the middle two being the saxophone version (I'm taking your word that it is a saxophone because I don't know any better..), and the bottom two are some water effect. All I needed to do then was remove the channels I didn't want, reset the tracks to left and right respectively and export as MP3. Viola :D.

MissLara2U
11th Sep 2006, 15:48
tombraiderchronicles.com is not working for me

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yikes.gif

Working fine for me. :scratch:

Headache
11th Sep 2006, 20:35
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yikes.gif

Working fine for me. :scratch:
Lol... It didn't work for me either. But at least I had an alternative :D

MissLara2U
11th Sep 2006, 20:45
Does it work OK now? I'm connecting fine. :scratch:

Headache
11th Sep 2006, 20:50
Does it work OK now? I'm connecting fine. :scratch:
Affirmative. :thumbsup:

jgxenite
12th Sep 2006, 08:29
Affirmative. :thumbsup:

Is this just not working in general or just for the TR7 soundtrack?

Jam

Headache
12th Sep 2006, 21:58
Is this just not working in general or just for the TR7 soundtrack?

Jam
I think for TR7.

jgxenite
12th Sep 2006, 22:43
I think for TR7.

Oh. I didn't have any problems downloading mine from there - they just take a bit of finding in the first place.

Jam

nash164
15th Sep 2006, 20:30
Yeah I know about that. There comes a saxophone in the swimming pool.

The instrument playing is not a brass instrument, more like a woodwind..
Arab flute maybe? There's definitely some kind of oriental flavour there but I doubt you can get that sort of musical timbre with a sax..
Then again correct me if I'm wrong! :D

jgxenite
16th Sep 2006, 18:32
The instrument playing is not a brass instrument, more like a woodwind..
Arab flute maybe? There's definitely some kind of oriental flavour there but I doubt you can get that sort of musical timbre with a sax..
Then again correct me if I'm wrong! :D

Yeh, my mum thought it sounded oriental. Might have to ask a some of my more "musical" friends and see if they know what it is.

Jam