PDA

View Full Version : Which Gold Award is Hardest?

LaraGirl216
31st Jul 2006, 07:02
Which Gold Award was the hardest for you to get?

Treeble
31st Jul 2006, 15:14
Kazakhstan, undoubtedly. Took me some time till I managed to push the platform till the very end without the recoil bringing it back.

Mangar The Dark
31st Jul 2006, 16:12
The only one I figured out how to get was the Croft Manor one. I'll have to replay the game to try to figure out the rest.

dulcetpurr
31st Jul 2006, 19:00
For me it's a tough call between Bolivia and Kazakhstan. Bolivia was extremely frustrating for me because I had to get the door at the halfway point, and I couldn't get the reward otherwise. So I'd spend 10 minutes rearranging the boxes, then doing the acrobatics to get to the door only to realize that it wasn't just right, and I had to start again. Kazakhstan was frustrating, but I don't think it took me as long to get as it did the one in Bolivia.

Treeble
31st Jul 2006, 20:58
I figured an easy way to do the Bolivia one: you pull the far right box on the right pad and throw upwards only one box and put it in the middle pad. Then you roll over the left pad so the cutscene won't show the door opening and then you stand on it and way for the wheel on the wall rotate once (count two of the edges going over the things that hold them tight), then step off. Should be on the perfect height to climb to the top.

shaahinkaaveh
31st Jul 2006, 22:01
The difficulty could be based on how you can figure out the place of the award, and also on how you manage to get it.
Kazakhstan was very difficult because of both: First it was almost impossible to guess there is something there, and second it was almost impossible to push that platform :) .
I loved the Bolivia gold award, but it was slightly easier in both ways. I think it should be:

Kazakhstan
Peru
Bolivia

Sophia Leigh
31st Jul 2006, 23:41
Actually Nepal was the trickiest for me and when I finally found it I felt a bit silly. :D

Bloody Angel of Darkness
21st Sep 2006, 17:11
Where the devil is the gold in Peru?
What about the easiest one?England,no doubt.And the Croft Manor...

Terminatorvs
21st Sep 2006, 21:38
To get the gold in Peru, you have to grab the rope across the pit. (The one, that happens to be there, because the floor collapsed). Then you have to rotate to the left. Climb higher. You should be able to see the ledges above the half-broken platform. Swing there, get up, shimy to the left, enter the corridoor, push out the boulder, place it in the middle "button". Voila.
The hardest secret for me was in Kazakhstan. To get the platform all the way to the right I had to push it all the way back to the left, because I didn't position the platform like I should have.

Headache
21st Sep 2006, 22:07
All of them were fairly easy, including Croft Manor, but it still was the hardest one IMO.
More alike the original TR games where you have to do a good amount of work just to get one artifact.

Yami_Seirei
22nd Sep 2006, 21:15
kasakstan was the hardest for me the platform was sooooo annoying though i have played the game all the way through twice since then and got all rewards easily heh. The easiest was definately england.

Treeble
23rd Sep 2006, 00:43
I think the easiest one is Nepal. It was the first I got, at least, and I'll admit it was pure accident. When jumping on the wall pole after the "Santa's evil brother" comment, I jumped off to the wrong side and she grabed the ledges that lead to the golden reward. :D

ladylinnycroft
23rd Sep 2006, 13:25
nepal is quite hard, because it's knowing where the damn thing is....i would say Japan is the easiest and kazakhstan is definately a real pain to get....i still haven't achieved it

Treeble
23rd Sep 2006, 14:06
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Japan. Though I did overlook the area the first time I played through. I mean, I went straight into the elevator after killing the two yakuza guys. :D

You do need a lot of patience for the first try in Kazakhstan. Are you playing on PC or PS2? On PS2, drag it over using L1 (lock aim) and 'throw' it when you're getting close to the slope, then keep tapping R1 (fire) to push it all the way to the end. Keep the target on the hook, not on the platform itself, and you should have no problem. But like I said, a lot of patience will be needed. :)

Legend_of_Lara
24th Sep 2006, 09:45
i tried really much but i can't found the Kazakhstan gold Award.someone help me... :( where is that?

StarChampagne
24th Sep 2006, 14:46
Kazakhstan was the hardest for me to actually get. I couldn't find it for some time with the aid of a walkthrough and I couldn't get it without a lot of frustration. As for Peru, that was relatively easy to get because I looked it up, but without some kind of help I wouldn't have found it any time this century. I managed Japan and Nepal by myself though :p

Treeble
24th Sep 2006, 16:21
i tried really much but i can't found the Kazakhstan gold Award.someone help me... :( where is that?

It's in the room where Lara meets Amanda by the Tesla gun. You have to activate the tower first, and then do what's been said a couple of posts earlier.

shaq
24th Sep 2006, 18:22
In my opinion the most difficult gold reward is in Peru (2nd level)...find the 4th sphere is not so possible in normal way... You must know what You need to do...

Treeble
24th Sep 2006, 18:42
But the four balls puzzle is in Peru, the second level...? :scratch:

Headache
24th Sep 2006, 20:20
Yeah, you had to be very creative for the gold reward in Peru.

shaq
24th Sep 2006, 20:42
But the four balls puzzle is in Peru, the second level...? :scratch:

SURE !!! Has been changed ...

Legendary Lara Croft
27th Sep 2006, 17:00
Kazakhstan by far, specially in the PSP version, it's such a bother to get it :mad2:

nash164
27th Sep 2006, 17:58
Kazakhstan without a doubt!
I haven't even obtained it yet and I've replayed the game 4 times at this stage. :nut:
Im pretty sure I know where it is and I have no trouble with pushing the platform up the slope to the right..it's just getting up unto the platform after that! It's too high and too far away. Besides once i've pushed it all the way up the slope on the rail on the right hand side, I can't get over onto the other side of the room opposite the tesla gun.
What exactly do you do?

Also, I'm having trouble getting that silver relic underneath the blades of death in Bolivia right after the three-box and lever puzzle..tried using the grapple and E but to no avail! :scratch:

Treeble
27th Sep 2006, 21:56
Kazakhstan without a doubt!
I haven't even obtained it yet and I've replayed the game 4 times at this stage. :nut:
Im pretty sure I know where it is and I have no trouble with pushing the platform up the slope to the right..it's just getting up unto the platform after that! It's too high and too far away. Besides once i've pushed it all the way up the slope on the rail on the right hand side, I can't get over onto the other side of the room opposite the tesla gun.
What exactly do you do?

You've got to use the tesla gun to remove the four boxes up on the wall near the slope, then push the big one in the high point nearby as far as you can, climb on it and make an angled jump to grab the wall. Climb it up, make your way around it and jump to the plataform to reach the one platform you can jump off from to get the gold award. To return, hop down back to the platform you've pushed here and jump down to the opposite side. The toughest bit of this award is getting the platform to swing all the way, but since you can do that already, the rest should be fairly easy. :)

Also, I'm having trouble getting that silver relic underneath the blades of death in Bolivia right after the three-box and lever puzzle..tried using the grapple and E but to no avail! :scratch:

Once you reach the "center of the evil-coat rack empire", look for a suspicious wall. You can push it to reveal a tunnel to reach that one award. :)

Lunideth
30th Sep 2006, 10:55
All rewars were quite easy to get/find.

Guys, guys.... you dont know anything about hard gettting kazahstan reward.... That platform is quite easy to move in right place... i realized it only after i got that gold reward.... And when i got that reward it took about 3 hours to get it my way..... If anyo ne want i post pic later but idea is here:
Remember platform from which u need to jump to moved platform (Platform that is aroun the corner) well with teslagun i throwed boxes on it. I throwed so much boxes on it that it was possible to jump from there to last platform (From which u just swing to gold reward). It was quite annoying... Or should i say hard... naah.

Treeble
30th Sep 2006, 13:36
Guys, guys.... you dont know anything about hard gettting kazahstan reward....

:rolleyes: Yeah, that's why a number of us have been posting directions and help tips to get that reward, because we don't know anything about it. :rolleyes:

shaq
30th Sep 2006, 16:31
I don't think it is possible to reach any gold and maybe some silver rewards too in normal way. They are "difficult" to reach in "normal" way when You didn't read the guide because they are hidden and not normally visible... Maybe they should be visible somehow in order to avoid reading guide to reach them...?

Headache
30th Sep 2006, 19:06
Guys, guys.... you dont know anything about hard gettting kazahstan reward.... That platform is quite easy to move in right place...
I had no trouble with it either, but just because everyone else might have had difficulties doesn't mean they don't know anything about getting it.

nash164
1st Oct 2006, 10:16
I had no trouble with it either, but just because everyone else might have had difficulties doesn't mean they don't know anything about getting it.

Hear Hear. I had a good idea where the gold in Kazakhstan was and I had no trouble moving that platform, I just didn't know where to take it from there.
Thanks Treeble for that by the way. You are truly a living,breathing walk-through ;) :D

Legend_of_Lara
1st Oct 2006, 11:28
It's in the room where Lara meets Amanda by the Tesla gun. You have to activate the tower first, and then do what's been said a couple of posts earlier.
thank you really much...:D ;) :rolleyes:

LaraGirl216
1st Oct 2006, 13:28
Turn the brightness and contrast up. It will help! :D :D :D

ditom
7th Oct 2006, 21:13
i can't find gold award in Boliwia.:mad2:

Headache
7th Oct 2006, 23:55
'Bolivia'
And here:
http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR7walk/bolivia.html

ditom
8th Oct 2006, 18:32
Thank you:)

Lunideth
21st Oct 2006, 06:54
Ok ok.. u now about hard. But all gold and silver rewards were pretty easy to find. (I didnt use any help/quides/walkthroughs).... well its maybe because i have played all tomb raiders and 1-5 are much harder than 6 & 7... plus i have played so many much harder puzzle games that legend was pretty easy...

Treeble
21st Oct 2006, 13:25
Ok ok.. u now about hard. But all gold and silver rewards were pretty easy to find. (I didnt use any help/quides/walkthroughs)....

Bronze and silver were mostly on plain sight, except for those hidden inside crates, but Lara'd turn her head to look at them anyway so they were really easy to find.

Legend_of_Lara
22nd Oct 2006, 08:41
ufff.i can see the gold award i think it is in a really small room.i don't know how can i get there.i activated the tower too.i couldn't find the way to the gold award...:mad2: :mad:

Terminatorvs
22nd Oct 2006, 13:00
You have to move the platform all the way to the right - only then will the gold award be reachable.

Legend_of_Lara
25th Oct 2006, 16:14
You have to move the platform all the way to the right - only then will the gold award be reachable.
i moved the platform all to the way right but how can i get on the platform.its really far.:mad: Lara couldn't jump;she fell down:mad2:

Terminatorvs
25th Oct 2006, 16:42
Sorry, forgot to mention two more things:
1) Turn the cannon to the right, pitch it a bit up. Now pull out 4 small blocks - the slope is clear.
2) Using the magnetic cannon push some boxes under the slope to reach it. From there move left and jump on the platform.

kksmith
25th Oct 2006, 21:49
Don't know what the hardest was, but I'll agree Japan was definately the easiest. One of the few I found w/o a walkthrough :P

Legend_of_Lara
27th Oct 2006, 18:18
Sorry, forgot to mention two more things:
1) Turn the cannon to the right, pitch it a bit up. Now pull out 4 small blocks - the slope is clear.
2) Using the magnetic cannon push some boxes under the slope to reach it. From there move left and jump on the platform.
i tried it but icant do...:mad2: do you have any screenshoots:o :o :o :o :o

gingerspice+tombobsessed
27th Oct 2006, 18:46
I think Croft Manor was the hardest because if you didn't get all the clues in the right order, it would pretty much be impossible to get it. Also, the clues were hard anyways.
I defenitely think Kazahkstan was the 2nd hardest because it's hard to get the gun over that little uphill, and if you didn't get it the first time and didn't think there was anything past it, you probably would've let it go. I also think Bolivia was hard because you had to get the door exactly halfway up.

Terminatorvs
28th Oct 2006, 04:42
First, remove 4 crates. (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/Terminatorvs/Cratespullout.jpg) Then stack the bigger ones under the slope. (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/Terminatorvs/Cratespush.jpg) Then move the platform all the way to the right, so it would "go up the hill" (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/Terminatorvs/Platform.jpg). Now it's reachable.

Legend_of_Lara
28th Oct 2006, 06:15
First, remove 4 crates. (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/Terminatorvs/Cratespullout.jpg) Then stack the bigger ones under the slope. (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/Terminatorvs/Cratespush.jpg) Then move the platform all the way to the right, so it would "go up the hill" (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/Terminatorvs/Platform.jpg). Now it's reachable.
thank you for everyting:D but i cant move the platform.its really heavy...i must try another time...thank you:)

Legend_of_Lara
28th Oct 2006, 11:05
Don't know what the hardest was, but I'll agree Japan was definately the easiest. One of the few I found w/o a walkthrough :P
i don't think so West Africa gold award is the easiest for me...

LaraGirl216
28th Oct 2006, 16:15
It was pretty easy. I'd say there the same.

ditom
28th Oct 2006, 17:24
I can"t collect the award in Bolivia in the tunel run(cutscenne)

Terminatorvs
28th Oct 2006, 19:10
That silver secret is collected, if you go into the room with spinning poles and a jaguar. If you use the R. A. D. mode of the binoculars, you'll notice a loose stone. Push it away and go into the room - the secret is there.

ditom
29th Oct 2006, 15:33
Thank you !:thumbsup:

dufflover
30th Oct 2006, 02:22
I voted Peru.
Kazakhstan was hardest to get, followed by Bolivia. All the gold rewards were pretty well hidden, well maybe except for England :p . I had to look up most of them in a walkthrough :o and found Peru to be the most well hidden and not obvious in what to do. Nepal was just plain sneaky :rolleyes: . Croft Manor was also tricky but unlike Peru it did have more hints/lead-ins as well.

Legend_of_Lara
2nd Nov 2006, 17:11
thank you for everyting:D but i cant move the platform.its really heavy...i must try another time...thank you:)
huh!..:D i took it on PSP version.but i can't take it on PS2(but no problem:D ;) )

Lunideth
7th Nov 2006, 23:56
Ok this is little bit late but i think that i should put this pic here.
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/Lunideth/TombRaiderLegend-Gold.jpg

I throwed/shooted all boxes with tesla gun. It took about 3 hours to do it...
From that pile is minimut from what Lara can reach this platform. And i had to do 2 piles bacause Lara couldn reach first pile because it was too high....
U cant try to make these 2 piles if u like :)

winston
9th Nov 2006, 18:11
Me thinks Kazakhstan, mainly because I can't remember where it is:rolleyes:

Ah yes now i remember- that was a pain in the you know what to get that one, i ended up asking my dad to do it!

Green_Arrow_1991
14th Nov 2006, 23:55
Definitely Kazakhstan.