PDA

View Full Version : BO2 Timeline / LOK Film

Raziel67
30th Jul 2006, 08:07
Hi all, ok before I get into BO2 I would just like to say that a Legacy of Kain film would be fantastic. The only way it could be done would be like a Lord of The rings type thing as in a trilligy, and the only person I think who has the vision to do this type of project would be George Lucas.

Ok i'm a huge fan of the LOK games and have been to many sites Forums etc and is it me or does everyone on the planet miss the point of BO2. Firstly there are a few missplaced things I would admit that for example, in BO1 when Kain uses the second time device to come back to his altered present Voridor is Gullitened yet he appears in BO2.

The timeline thing is not the follow on to SR2, Defiance or anything else it is clearly explained in the user guide, BO2 is set two hundred years after BO1 and two hundred years before SR1 please if I have missed something please tell me.:confused:

dumah's wraith
30th Jul 2006, 19:39
THE BATTLE where Kain was defeated was 200 years after BO2, but then he was knocked out for another 200 years so BO2 IS 400 YEARS AFTER bo1. there is no specified time between BO2 and SR1. Personally I think it has to be longer than 200 years. Sorry if the capitals make it overly correcting, I'm too lazy to go back and change it.

Raziel67
30th Jul 2006, 19:58
Hi Wraith the time line of 200 years after BO1 and 200 years before SR1 is specified in the instruction booklet with the PS2 version, page 9 under (in a world) without typing the whole thing the first few lines are as follows.

The story of Blood Omen 2 takes place 200 years after LOK BO and several centeries before the events of LOK SR. It then just goes into the BO2 story line.

Another puzzling thing though is inBO2 there is a statue of Morbius, strange cause Kain killed him in BO1.:)

WraithStar
2nd Aug 2006, 04:46
The intro of BO2 in which Kain leads his army against the Sarafan Lord takes place 200 years after BO1. Then Kain is knocked unconscious. The actual game of BO2 takes place 400 years after BO1.

Vorador was somehow resurrected in between his execution and his appearance in BO2. Chris@Crystal said that Defiance was supposed to explain how Vorador was still alive, and it was really cool, but it got cut from the game :(

There was a statue of Moebius in the Eternal Prison, which was a place that dealt with manipulating time, so I always figured that Moebius had something to do with running the place at one point and they left his statue up in memory of him.

It's my personal opinion that the only reason BO2 didn't seem to fit into the timeline is that SR2 didn't cover everything it should have. If all of the cutscenes from Defiance, and the missing explanation for Vorador's resurrection, had been part of SR2, then BO2 would have been in perfect context when it came out. I think that BO2 is a very good game, both on its own merit and as a tribute to the original game. I think Kain's personality was dead-on perfect in BO2 and there were a lot of elements that were reminiscent of BO1, but still new and intriguing. I don't understand why so many fans feel that BO2 is bad. (I just looked at http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk for reference on the BO2 timeline, and right there on BO2's main page it says that BO2 is the least popular game in the series)

Raziel67
2nd Aug 2006, 17:42
I totaly agree BO2 is a very good game and I know what you mean about that poll.LOK Should and could carry on, but a film would be good if it was done with the same depth and accuratcy as lord of the rings with attention to detail, the sort of project that I would love to be involved with lol woudn't we all.

The closest thing I have seen to Kain in a film is the genie in the wishmaster horror films (with a few extra pounds) that is, the LOK story is so fantastic i'm replaying them all for the umtenth time i'll never get bored of it, but I think I will get trapped in Nosgoth for good one day lol.:)

The_Father_of_AllVampires
19th Aug 2006, 11:56
well ok i will answer you question about the hylden they are all dead before the soul reaver era because... ... ... KAIN DESTRYED THE HYLDEN G-A-T-E which was their umbilicle cord and how could Raziel serve Kain a Millenia if SR occurred 200yrs after oh and uh Kain is wearing the ring vorador gave him in BO1 on his ear and some think that Janos powered the hlyden gate... WRONG he powered the MASS. And to add on to the George Lucas making the movie i say no because he might throw a light saber in as the soul reaver and screw everything up. if anything they should make it like SE did for FFVII: AC...:p

Raziel67
19th Aug 2006, 19:54
Sorry but i'm now getting really confused. I must be the only one who plays these games on the ps2, as I said earlier on in the thread the booklet in BO2 states and I quote,

(The story of blood omen 2 takes place twoo hundred years after legacy of kain:blood omen,and several centuries before the events of legacy of kain soul reaver)

ok again this is on page 9 of the user's guide for BO2 no mystery its there in black and white. so people please tell me have the developers totally messed up the story, or is it just a case of people making there own story up.:confused:

FearGhoul
21st Aug 2006, 02:14
I think it's a mistake. Of course, the easiest way to find out would be to just start a new game. It says 200 years later in the beginning text thing, then Kain gets struck down, then when he wakes up, Umah tells him he's been asleep for two hundred years. So it would be 400 years in total.
Hm. Though I can see how it could be taken as the "200 years" referring to the Umah point. I can't check the exact wording right now though.

Smoke_Z
21st Aug 2006, 04:38
I think it's a mistake. Of course, the easiest way to find out would be to just start a new game. It says 200 years later in the beginning text thing, then Kain gets struck down, then when he wakes up, Umah tells him he's been asleep for two hundred years. So it would be 400 years in total.
Hm. Though I can see how it could be taken as the "200 years" referring to the Umah point. I can't check the exact wording right now though.

Actually, I got confused on that, too. So much so that I managed to get Light twisted around as well. (Remembered Gods.)

I've written it off as not caring exactly how many centuries had passed between the actual events of Blood Omen and Blood Omen 2, just roughly guesstimating that it's roughly between 200 and 400 years.