PDA

View Full Version : Amanda in TR8? (spoilers)

Mangar The Dark
28th Jul 2006, 20:39
For those who have finished Legend, do you think Amanda will show up in TR8, and will she be good or evil?

I actually suspect she might become Lara's friend again, though perhaps not right away. Not really sure why I think that, but it just seems like she might eventually decide to redeem herself by helping Lara find her mother. It would be a bit silly to have her as the main villain again, and clearly they made a point of keeping her alive at the end of Legend, so it just seems natural to me that she'll serve some other purpose in TR8.

dulcetpurr
28th Jul 2006, 20:41
Well, Lara took her source of power away from her, so I think Amanda will probably curl up somewhere to lick her wounds. She is only alive due to Lara's mercy, so I don't think she'll be a major villain again. If she plays a part in TR8, I imagine it might be to give information to Lara. Or...be forced to give information, more likely.

Edit: You know, now that I'm thinking of it...Lara DID take that stone away from Amanda, didn't she? I thought in the last video she picks up the stone from the ground. What's Lara going to do with it, I wonder?

aussie500
29th Jul 2006, 00:34
l am sure Amanda will be in Tomb Raider 8, possibly still not as a villian though, she was only a competitor in Legend, not an enemy. It remains to be seen though how Amanda will react to what Lara has done, it would be understandable if she went over the edge and decided to try and remove Lara permanently from interfering. Or it could be a true test of Amanda's character, and she decides to help Lara. Considering all Amanda knows about the artifacts and Avalon, l do not think losing the stone would necessarily be the end of her powers, afterall she needed the ability to use the stone in the first place, and she has no doubt learnt a bit since then. Although l do think she will want the stone back, since it is possibly the key to getting to Avalon

LaraGirl216
29th Jul 2006, 06:07
The Key to getting to Avalon is Exalibur. Thats why Amanda and Rutland were trying to get the pieces before Lara did. In Nepal PT2 cinematics, Lara touched the sword and then her mother pulled it out and went to Avalon. Amanda wanted to do the same because she had worked out how to get to Avalon. :)

dulcetpurr
29th Jul 2006, 13:16
Yeah, the stone just turns her into the monster thingy.