PDA

View Full Version : How hard is hard?

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Jul 2006, 08:56
I started paying a new game on hard, I got killed over and over again on only the second level by the soldiers, so I bumped it back down to medium.

Question is, to those who've completed it on hard: is it worth bothering attempting the WHOLE game on hard, or is it a case of die, reload, die, reload, die, reload, nuts to this... ?

Thankies

GoranAgar
28th Jul 2006, 09:09
I started paying a new game on hard, I got killed over and over again on only the second level by the soldiers, so I bumped it back down to medium.

Question is, to those who've completed it on hard: is it worth bothering attempting the WHOLE game on hard, or is it a case of die, reload, die, reload, die, reload, nuts to this... ?

Thankies
Hm, I played it only on Hard only but I didn't get killed all the time. Actually I barely got killed by the any other than the bosses and the guys on the motor bikes.

You are a Tomb Raider. Pull yourself together and play it properly. ;)

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Jul 2006, 11:24
You are a Tomb Raider. Pull yourself together and play it properly. ;)

(snaps to attention) YYYYYYYYESSIR! :)

You see, it really put me off because I kept getting killed. I was thinking, say if I find myself half way through a level, 0 health packs, a huge fight coming up... I'm totally screwed! :eek:

Thankos!!!

Sophia Leigh
28th Jul 2006, 12:44
I'm surprised that there was even a difficulty option. I didn't even have to think about which setting to put it on and I completely agree with what Goran said. I'm a fussy player and not only did I play on hard but I refused to move on to a new level until I found all the rewards - some people probably think I'm crazy :D . However, if you're not a seasoned Tomb Raider don't feel bad, read the forums here and pick up on some other members tips.

If you are getting killed alot maybe you're not being aggressive enough, go at the enemy rather than hide but do remember to dodge the oncoming fire and don't forget side jump. Learn the combo moves they're not tricky e.g roll and knock over enemy, kick while shooting enemy and my favourite the slow motion in the air shooting.

Good luck and happy Tomb Raiding!

Mangar The Dark
28th Jul 2006, 12:56
I played on Medium level. I figured Hard mode would only make the fights harder, and since the fights are often the least enjoyable parts of Tomb Raider games, what's the sense in prolonging them? Like Rebel Farmer said, dying and reloading constantly because a fight is too hard is just not fun. Now that's I've completed it, maybe I'll go back and play it in Easy mode, so I focus entirely on trying to find all the rewards, and not worry about getting killed.

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Jul 2006, 13:17
Be a little more aggressive? Heh, that's why I kept getting killed! Too aggressive!

Little hint, when in bullet-time mode, enemies are MUCH easier to kill, just gotta get OVER to them somehow... :scratch:

Sophia Leigh
28th Jul 2006, 14:30
Be a little more aggressive? Heh, that's why I kept getting killed! Too aggressive!

Little hint, when in bullet-time mode, enemies are MUCH easier to kill, just gotta get OVER to them somehow... :scratch:
I found in Peru when fighting the soldiers that every time a little triangle (I played on PS2, insert action button here on other platforms) appeared on the screen prompting me to blow up fuel tanks etc I'd do it as it seems to wipe them out quicker. Just keep moving, side jump is still a saviour for me.

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Jul 2006, 15:35
Heh, on the PC you get a little http://www.mathmlcentral.com/characters/glyphs/WarningSign_L.gif appear, you hit interract and she blasts it... If only there was someone who would be so kind as to walk over there, they never go near 'em!

It's not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair... :(

Ah why not, let's do a full game on hard!:D

Treeble
28th Jul 2006, 15:55
While you jump and dodge in circles around the foes you can use your grapple to drag them closer to the destructive pieces in the settings. When in lack of an explosive setting nearby, throw a grenade while locked on and throw the grapple to make sure the baddie won't jump away, never fails. :D

ShirleyC
28th Jul 2006, 16:29
I found it only a tad harder playing on Hard Mode (and using a keyboard). :)
Shirley

dulcetpurr
28th Jul 2006, 17:32
I'm a chicken, I've only played Easy. :D

Sophia Leigh
29th Jul 2006, 01:48
Ah why not, let's do a full game on hard!:D
Hey that's the spirit :D :thumbsup:

you can use your grapple to drag them closer
Yeah, that's fun :whistle::lmao:

aussie500
29th Jul 2006, 02:08
l played on all 3 modes and did not notice a lot of difference, just seem to get less health packs, and loose more health when Lara is hit. So when fighting on hard the idea is not to get hit, move around, most mercs are not that smart. Although there was one smart one who threw a grenade back at Lara once