PDA

View Full Version : Best ending ever? *spoilers*

RebeL_fARmeR
26th Jul 2006, 15:42
Dudes, is it just me, or was the ending to TR7 simply the greatest and most dramatic ending to any computer game ever?
I was dead impressed. It was simply amazing to see Lara so insanely enraged, firing bullets past Amanda's head, desperately restraining herself from killing her... I mean, this is LARA, she doesn't get upset easily. For her to behave like that is something pretty bleedin' special... :eek: :lmao: :nut:

Come on, who thought it was the worst ending ever??? I know yer out there! :D

dulcetpurr
26th Jul 2006, 16:02
I thought the ending was great as well. I was on the edge of my seat, biting my nails. I felt real emotion, something akin to what I feel when I watch movies in a theater.

I may be wrong, but through 5 games (haven't played AOD yet) I've never heard Lara raise her voice. Here, she did, and it gave me goosebumps.

I just really hope they continue this storyline and let us know what happens next. Cliffhangers, eesh!

Headache
26th Jul 2006, 16:31
How could they not have one more? They left the door wide open for one. It'd be a shame to stop it there!:cool:

Mangar The Dark
26th Jul 2006, 17:55
It was a great ending... best acting EVER in a Tomb Raider game. Congrats to Keely Hawes for really making Lara come alive in that scene!

I wouldn't say it was "the best ending ever in a video game" (games like "Dreamfall," which can make even a grown guy like me get misty-eyed take that prize), but it was still great. Assuming they do a sequel, I suspect it will have an awesome ending too-- after all, reuniting mother and daughter is bound to be pretty dramatic (or daughter discovering mother is dead... either way.)

RebeL_fARmeR
26th Jul 2006, 20:27
I don't know why, but when something is THAT good I tend to chuckle with joy. I tell you, watching that ending, I was chuckling like never before... Joy overload, man!

Who knows, maybe if I played Dreamfall then I'd be worshipping that instead???

And yeah, dulcetpurr, absolutely! She NEVER raiser her voice or gets mad, NEVER gets panicked, NEVER cries, NEVER gets emotionally shaken-up... Then all of a sudden we have her yelling and screaming and blasting her gun in EXTREME unconditional fury. Panto-wetto-technology, baby!
Imagine this though. She finds out all hope is lost, her mother's dead, she switches off her camera and microphone to be alone, sits behind one of those big stone pillars and starts to cry... Wow, how stunning would THAT have been?
Like the furios anger, for Lara to cry, something MAJOR has to happen. That would make one powerful ending.

Just seeing her screaming and shouting like that... Dude, it's Lara Croft! You just don't see that kind of thing from her, it's unheard of, yet there it is, POWERFUL! Just HOW MAD mush she have been to behave like THAT?

I just completed the game again! YAYS!

Evolution13
27th Jul 2006, 06:26
Having just completed the game about a half hour ago, I have to agree, Best. Ending. Ever! I There's nothing I can say that someone else hasn't already voiced on this thread, except that I can't help but wonder if she'll be carrying Excalibur around all though TR8 or how they're going to explain it's absence if she's not. :)

RebeL_fARmeR
27th Jul 2006, 07:37
well, I guess she could leave Excalibur at home and then get Zip to post it to her when she finally needs it!

Mangar The Dark
27th Jul 2006, 14:38
Yeah, it's kind of a clunky thing to carry around, though I imagine it could be quite handy. Instead having to look around for keys and whatnot, just swipe the sword, and the doors open.

RebeL_fARmeR
27th Jul 2006, 19:39
Hmm, I guess having the weapon of mass destruction™ from the start would make the game a touch easy...

dulcetpurr
28th Jul 2006, 17:48
Imagine this though. She finds out all hope is lost, her mother's dead, she switches off her camera and microphone to be alone, sits behind one of those big stone pillars and starts to cry... Wow, how stunning would THAT have been?
Like the furios anger, for Lara to cry, something MAJOR has to happen. That would make one powerful ending.

If Lara cried, I would cry. Seriously. :(

And Excaliber, dude! That was the coolest part of the game, to me, her carrying that around as her weapon for the final battle. That was so friggin awesome. I hope it comes into play in the next installment!

Mangar The Dark
28th Jul 2006, 17:55
And Excaliber, dude! That was the coolest part of the game, to me, her carrying that around as her weapon for the final battle. That was so friggin awesome. I hope it comes into play in the next installment!

I was a LITTLE bit disappointed with Excaliber, to be honest. It felt too much like a "video game weapon." (yeah, I know, it IS a video game, but still....) I wanted something that felt truly old and mythical. This looked a little too stylized to me, and not really how I pictured Excaliber looking. Also, it ended up acting like a gun, really. I had hoped Lara would be doing some melee combat with it (ala Prince of Persia.)

RebeL_fARmeR
30th Jul 2006, 10:09
I see your point, Excalibur is more like something that just fell off the back of a UFO rather than an ancient artifact...

shaahinkaaveh
30th Jul 2006, 13:57
It was a good ending in comparison with the other games in the series. I can't say wether it was better than AOD or not, but the other five TRs didn't have a well-done story, although they weren't annoying most of the time.

exmachinad
30th Jul 2006, 23:04
I think that LAra souldn't be so mad at Amanda in the end. I mean, she couldn't save Amanda, and Lara didn't try to dig up (as Amanda says) to find her. So, I think, in a way, Lara is to be blamed for the 'change' that happened to Amanda and the disappeareance of her mother in Nepal.

By the way, Legend is the BEST TR ever. ;) :cool: :nut:

RebeL_fARmeR
31st Jul 2006, 10:11
OOH YEAH, I've gotta agree with that one, Legend is a stunning game.

But speaking of the ending to AOD, I didn't like it. It was too standard:

Lara delivers fatal blow to bad guy
She runs off and everything blows up, she only just makes it out... :rolleyes:
They all live happily ever after.

nash164
20th Sep 2006, 18:37
RebeL_FaRmeR Imagine this though. She finds out all hope is lost, her mother's dead, she switches off her camera and microphone to be alone, sits behind one of those big stone pillars and starts to cry... Wow, how stunning would THAT have been?

Look closely at Lara's eyes when she retrieves her mother's brooch from the plane wreck in Nepal.
It's not full-on sobbing but her eyes are definitely brimming.. It looks a bit manga actually..

shirl123
20th Sep 2006, 20:13
Dudes, is it just me, or was the ending to TR7 simply the greatest and most dramatic ending to any computer game ever?

I can understand that you didn't play Dreamfall or Tiberian Sun (the end of the game with the "bad guys", the brotherhood of NOD - oh. my. god.). :p

but yeah, it was a good ending. :) especially the "WHERE <bang> IS <bang> MY <bang> MOTHER?!?!?!?!?"...loved it! :D

Terminatorvs
21st Sep 2006, 00:26
The ending of the game was very drammatic! I liked it a lot. I liked "Don't touch the sword!" part. I liked "Where is my mother!!!?" part. I liked "Tell him my father was right about everything, and there may still be hope" part. I'll say again: It was magnificent. I keep watching the ending over and over again. Seems like I can't get enough of it.
By the way, in Nepal, when Lara obtains the Ghalali Key, I think, she IS about to cry. Look at her eyes. To my mind they are shining with tears. This is only my humble opinion.

Headache
21st Sep 2006, 00:50
By the way, in Nepal, when Lara obtains the Ghalali Key, I think, she IS about to cry. Look at her eyes. To my mind they are shining with tears. This is only my humble opinion.
Yes I believe you're right.

But Legend was the best TR game as far as expressing emotions goes.

nash164
21st Sep 2006, 13:18
Headache "Legend was the best TR game as far as expressing emotions goes."

Without a doubt. In Tombraiders 1-6, Lara is very cold in that sense. I suppose it's what made her Lara Croft and it's also what sets TRL apart from the rest. These new emotional displays in TRL are part of the evolutionary process for her! Personally, I like it! Adds to the game on a whole.:thumbsup:

Rutland- "History.. doesn't interest me.."
Croft- "Well then why don't you stay here and consider the future?"

virumor
2nd Apr 2007, 14:21
I like the ending, but I don't think the 'time-travel' thing makes any sense at all... young Lara sees her mother speaking to a mysterious person, and this person turns out to be adult Lara... I never understood this kind of things, not in Back to the future, Timeline or Star Trek...

Then again, this weird time lapse also appears in The longest journey, which I think has the best ending of any game I've ever played, so never mind.