PDA

View Full Version : help to escape rolling boulder in west Africa

Archer
26th Jul 2006, 13:57
Can anyone give me any tips on how to escape the boulder that comes down the stairs and kills Lara before we can guide her over and around the barriers ahead of her.

Johnny
26th Jul 2006, 14:04
Immediately, jump over the pole on the right, run diagonally to the left and perform a low somersault beneath the second pole. An alternate way to stay in front of the boulder is as follows: although it looks like the poles are too low to roll under, once you regain control of Lara, run straight forward and roll beneath both poles. Press the Roll button a couple of steps before reaching the pole. If you stick to the pole and then roll, you will lose precious time. Keep running and jump over the spiked pit.

Info obtained from here (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/walkthrough/level04.html). Good luck! :)

Mangar The Dark
26th Jul 2006, 14:24
That was a fun part. I remember thinking it would be really tough when it started, but it's surprisingly easy. Still exciting, though.

RaymanO
26th Jul 2006, 15:46
Can anyone give me any tips on how to escape the boulder that comes down the stairs and kills Lara before we can guide her over and around the barriers ahead of her.
You didn't say what platform you're playing the game on.
If you're playing on a PC and are using just a keyboard & mouse, you can forget about getting past this scene. Whoever made the game made the keyboard controls (and Lara's response) just plain clunky. You can't move Lara fast enough or properly with just a keyboard & mouse.
If you're using a PC, go out and buy a USB game controller. You'll be able to survive the boulder with one. Without one, you're at a dead-end.

ShirleyC
26th Jul 2006, 15:58
I only have a keyboard and mouse and got thru using the suggestions posted above. Even made it thru when playing on the HARD mode. Keep trying and don't give up. :)
Shirley

Archer
27th Jul 2006, 09:16
This was a pain but now it seem so simple thanks for your help. BYE

Johnny
27th Jul 2006, 14:03
You didn't say what platform you're playing the game on.
If you're playing on a PC and are using just a keyboard & mouse, you can forget about getting past this scene. Whoever made the game made the keyboard controls (and Lara's response) just plain clunky. You can't move Lara fast enough or properly with just a keyboard & mouse.
If you're using a PC, go out and buy a USB game controller. You'll be able to survive the boulder with one. Without one, you're at a dead-end.

I used a keyboard for that scene and I passed through with no problems. :rolleyes: It took me 2 or 3 attempts, but I did escape the boulder eventually. You just have to time everything correctly and like Shirley said, don't give up. ;)

And to Archer, you're very welcome. Have fun with the rest of Legend! :)

Tomb Raider Princess
28th Jul 2006, 20:51
how do i defeat rutland???

ShirleyC
29th Jul 2006, 00:24
Read the post: Tomb Raider Legend, Boss Strategies. It is very helpful. Happy Raiding
Shirley