PDA

View Full Version : crystal read this.

kill bill
25th Jul 2006, 21:16
you should give an level editor with this.and maybe realase a few legend outfits.tr chronicles.is getting bad.please dynamics.:D
cause i could do with one.oh plus was there a topic of this already never browsed through this.

Treeble
25th Jul 2006, 21:27
A few, yes, back when Legend was in development.

kill bill
25th Jul 2006, 21:35
A few, yes, back when Legend was in development.
what do you mean.

Treeble
25th Jul 2006, 21:47
It's a reply to the last question on your post, though now I'm not sure it was a question as there's no question mark.

aussie500
25th Jul 2006, 23:58
You will bw waiting a while for a level editor, they will not be releasing one till this engine is outdated and no longer going to be used, wihich is probably still 3 games away at least

kksmith
26th Jul 2006, 14:25
That's assuming the engine can even have a level editor - at least one that doesn't require a good 3d modeling background to use.

Mangar The Dark
27th Jul 2006, 20:53
That's assuming the engine can even have a level editor - at least one that doesn't require a good 3d modeling background to use.

Exactly. I doubt a level editor for Legend would be of much use unless you already had a copy of some high-level 3D modeling tools (3DStudioMax, Lightwave, or whatever programmers are using these days... I'm so out of the loop now.) While most of us would like a level editor, I doubt most of us would be willing to shell out a thousand dollars or so for the tools we'd need to use it.

dhama
30th Jul 2006, 08:19
I doubt a level editor for Legend would be of much use unless you already had a copy of some high-level 3D modeling tools (3DStudioMax, Lightwave, or whatever programmers are using these days... I'm so out of the loop now.) .

This ain't true, level editors have been released for other hi-tec games like HL2 where everything you need is in the package. There isn't any reason why a level editor couldn't be included.

kksmith
1st Aug 2006, 15:20
This ain't true, level editors have been released for other hi-tec games like HL2 where everything you need is in the package. There isn't any reason why a level editor couldn't be included.

You are assuming way too much. HL2's engine was *designed* to accomodate a level editor, especially since it has been sold to use in a number of other games. I can probably guarentee the LoK engine (what TR Legend uses) was not.

Besides which, HL2 is probably pretty simple in comparison to TR - in that Lara needs to be able to climb, grab ledges, push blocks, hit switches, etc. It's a whole different monster from a FPS which is mainly running down halls and shooting stuff.