PDA

View Full Version : I haven't seen this error before...

Marshall Banana
24th Jul 2006, 17:38
Here's an error I haven't seen before. I portalized, and this came up:
"Error: check_poly_reversed: couldn't find non-colinear points."
I went into the crash log, and it lists brush numbers I haven't even reached yet.

R_Soul
24th Jul 2006, 23:54
It gives you brush numbers so you can use the command hilight_brush X (X = brush number).

It might be hard to find pick it out from all the others, but that's dromed for ya

Marshall Banana
25th Jul 2006, 00:35
It recorded numbers that are higher than the number of brushes in the level

There it goes again. the log records brush numbers in the 300's. I haven't even reached the 200's.

Marshall Banana
6th Aug 2006, 17:43
Here's another problem: Dromed keeps displaying an error. I opened the crash log, and deleted the brushes. It still happened. I deleted different ones with the numbers. It still happened. It's been going like that for Half an Hour. What is wrong now?

Sluggs
7th Aug 2006, 01:31
When the mission gets bigger, you want to forget about Portalizing, and Optimize instead. Portalizing big missions will more than likely result in errors. Try optimizing and see if that helps.

Since becoming a member of TTLG, you should start posting your questions in the Editor's Guild (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85) over there, for quick answers. This place is like a Ghost Town! :D

Marshall Banana
7th Aug 2006, 01:34
Try optimizing and see if that helps.

Same result. Dromed displays the error, and then records the same numbers in the crash log.

Sluggs
7th Aug 2006, 01:37
You're going to have to use Area brushes to seperate your mission into parts and optimize each one. When you come to the part which causes errors, you'll know where it is.

Marshall Banana
7th Aug 2006, 02:02
That did it. Thank you, Sluggs