PDA

View Full Version : About Thief 4...

Headache
24th Jul 2006, 13:58
I myself would be ecstatic to have one more thief game. Of course a few changes would be required; such as larger environments, more realistic consequences of getting caught/attacking someone with a weapon, being able to ride a horse?? (maybe), have garrett break into more than just mansions/museums/banks... but thats typical right? a few additions that backstabber would like, but without the blood and guts which would be over doing it. The point of the game really is stealth and tactics. If you want blood and guts, play something like doom for God's sake. Now I hear LG has shut down... and the thief team is god knows where... is it even remotely possible for a 4th? TDS was very impressive. But in the final cutscene, I see he just might have an apprentice? If a 4th was made maybe the player could be the apprentice and garrett could be the instructor or whatever.... but we all like garrett, right? I realize this question has been a asked about a million times... but I thought I'd make it 1,000,001... :mad2:

maddermadcat
24th Jul 2006, 14:14
Back o' the line.
Everybody wants a Thief 4, and have started topics about this. And riding horses isn't exactly stealthy...

Headache
24th Jul 2006, 14:19
i know riding isnt stealthy... but if the townspeople dont know who he is does it matter? except for the watch... but you could run them over.. :)

Tin Star
24th Jul 2006, 14:28
i know riding isnt stealthy... but if the townspeople dont know who he is does it matter? except for the watch... but you could run them over.. :)

Thats just it everyone does know him and how he makes his living.

Tin Star

Headache
24th Jul 2006, 14:30
ok, Im saying that in TDS, he walks down the street but they're like whatever. Does it make a difference if hes riding? Im just throwing out random ideas... as strange as they may be... :nut:

Tin Star
24th Jul 2006, 14:41
ok, Im saying that in TDS, he walks down the street but they're like whatever. Does it make a difference if hes riding? Im just throwing out random ideas... as strange as they may be... :nut:

I find it kind of hard to picture a person trying to sneak his way around town using a horse to do it,don't you think it would be kind of hard for him to pick someones pockit sitting way up there on that horse? After all his Garrett not the Cisco Kid.

Tin Star

Headache
24th Jul 2006, 14:45
ok, ok, you've made your point, lol....

maddermadcat
26th Jul 2006, 20:55
Maybe instead of a horse, they could give him a steam-powered ferrari. :p

Headache
26th Jul 2006, 21:13
How about a jalopy instead? :eek:

Tin Star
27th Jul 2006, 13:15
Ok if we are going to give Garrett a car lets give him a good one we will name it the Thiefmobile,it can pickpockets,climb walls,blackjack people,picklocks and many other things without Garrett ever having to leave the drivers set.

Tin Star

Headache
27th Jul 2006, 13:58
Don't forget the stealth mode.

Tin Star
27th Jul 2006, 17:45
Don't forget the stealth mode.

I did say it could do many other things so I guess stealth would be one of those things if its going to pickpockets,blackjack people,picklocks and so on.

Tin Star