PDA

View Full Version : Lies, lies! It was all lies!

RebeL_fARmeR
23rd Jul 2006, 19:01
Hey fellow hobbits!
I bought TR7 last week and I'm up to 66% in the Himilayas right now...

THIS
IS
A
VERY
LONG
GAME
!!!

As I say, 66% and I'm thinking "dude, I've been doing this non-stop since Friday!"
I mean, it feels like it'll turn out the same kind of length as TR6, which was commonly regarded as "reasonably long". I tell thee, if the game ended at the end of this level I'd be slightly dissatisfied with the length. But 34% more and I'll be giggling! :D

I suppose if in your opinion a long game is something like Deus Ex then yeah, point made, but this cuts it for me!

And ain't Lara just... adorable? No more li'l miss spiteful. ****

At least as a first time play anyway...

Does anyone else out there actually agree with me here??? Or am I the only dude who thinks this compootero-gameo is good length?

P.S.
... AWESOME game. Crystal D have made a stunner here!

David 070
23rd Jul 2006, 19:15
i agree,i havent even finished the 1st level yet.mainly because of life,but im having alot of fun playing it!

i think its the best tr yet.:D

Darkmessiah
23rd Jul 2006, 19:18
Heck, I completed the game.
But it's a good thing it's got replay values.
Nearly impossible to find these gold rewards.

RebeL_fARmeR
23rd Jul 2006, 19:34
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHA
MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HEHEHEHEHEHE

LOL

LOL

LOL:lol:

Oh man, has the fARmeR just had a good laught or WHAT??? I posted this post, like, at the end of the Himilayas... (still laughing uncontrollably now):lmao: so I got back to the game expecting to get on with my other 34%... 2 minutes later I was at the ending credits because the (ouch):lol: game finished on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh momma, how about that for irony?

Quote: ME:
I tell thee, if the game ended at the end of this level I'd be slightly dissatisfied with the length. But 34% more and I'll be giggling!

So I take it back, the game was too short, I'm dissatisfied!!! HYPOCRITE!

Jeez, still chuckling... Maybe partly because the ending was SO good I started laughing with joy while it was playing... Dude, Laz Croft, James Bond and Duke Nukem are nothing more than grit in the soles of Lara's boots... I mean, seriously, that ending... does Lara croft, like, rock the world into the next dimension or what?

Lara man... She is........ THE character of all time

I need sedative...

St.J
23rd Jul 2006, 21:16
Hey fellow hobbits!
I bought TR7 last week and I'm up to 66% in the Himilayas right now...

THIS
IS
A
VERY
LONG
GAME
!!!

As I say, 66% and I'm thinking "dude, I've been doing this non-stop since Friday!"
I mean, it feels like it'll turn out the same kind of length as TR6, which was commonly regarded as "reasonably long". I tell thee, if the game ended at the end of this level I'd be slightly dissatisfied with the length. But 34% more and I'll be giggling! :D

I suppose if in your opinion a long game is something like Deus Ex then yeah, point made, but this cuts it for me!

And ain't Lara just... adorable? No more li'l miss spiteful. ****

At least as a first time play anyway...

Does anyone else out there actually agree with me here??? Or am I the only dude who thinks this compootero-gameo is good length?

P.S.
... AWESOME game. Crystal D have made a stunner here!

the whole point of it being long is so it stays really fun for a long time.

Johnny
23rd Jul 2006, 22:07
Your percentage doesn't just rely on how far you've gotten. The amount of rewards you collect also affect it.

The_Elite_One_13
24th Jul 2006, 01:47
I didn't even finish the game yet but I kno I'm close to the end I'm on the king arthur level. When I play every day i complete a level fully thats with all the rewards and the time trial. i think this game is a lot shorter than the others because I complete the levels SO fast, really the biggest challenge Iwould say are the time trials.

Mangar The Dark
24th Jul 2006, 16:08
Heh... I must really suck at these games. It took me 13 hours to play through it once, and I'm missing a LOT of the rewards (never found any gold rewards, and just a few silvers. Got most of the bronze, but not all), and I didn't even attempt the time trials. Ok, so the rest of you can laugh at me all you want for being a lousy gamer, but at least I got more play time out of it than a lot of people!

Deckard
24th Jul 2006, 21:44
Well, then I guess I suck at games too, bc for me it was the same. The first time, I went through Legend without any help. Yes - no Stella's :D . But no haste too :p . No looking for records **** . Just playing - and enjoying :) . I definitively enjoyed Legend (a LOT!), even though some of the good old challenges are lost and I sometimes felt as if I went through the game on a conveyor belt. This way it took me two weeks. My average playing time was app. 2h/day, no gaming on weekends ****. That's a total of 20 hours, and IMO that's really, really short :( . The second time I went for all secrets (thank you, Stella!) and turned next gen on (thank you, 7900GT!). I enjoyed it this time too, but the total playing time sunk to one week = 10h :eek: !

The first time I played MP2, it took me one month to get to the ending credits! I was seriously mad at Rockstar, bc I felt this game was far too short. But at least I went through MP2 a total of three times in order to get the correct ending ... :D .

Mangar The Dark
25th Jul 2006, 13:01
Yeah, I avoided walkthroughs, too. It always seems odd to me when people buy the strategy guides, use online walkthroughs, or ask for help on this forum, and then come here and say, "The game was too short and not challenging enough!"

The only part where I did get some help was with the final boss. I tried it several times on my own without much success. Then I read about using the Advance Toggle mode, and it was a lot better that way.

RebeL_fARmeR
25th Jul 2006, 13:09
I have to admit, I used the walkthrough ONCE... That was when I was fighting that big beastie thing in Russia. I NEARLY turned to it when I got jammed in King Arthur's tomb but worked it out on my last idea, horay!

But yeah man, agreed, you can't use the walkthrough the whole way and then complain that it wasn't puzzling enough, long enough or hard enough... :scratch:
Ya can't do that!

Mangar The Dark
25th Jul 2006, 14:28
I have to admit, I used the walkthrough ONCE... That was when I was fighting that big beastie thing in Russia. I NEARLY turned to it when I got jammed in King Arthur's tomb but worked it out on my last idea, horay!

But yeah man, agreed, you can't use the walkthrough the whole way and then complain that it wasn't puzzling enough, long enough or hard enough... :scratch:
Ya can't do that!

I ALMOST turned to a walkthrough for the boss in Kazakstan, but then I figured it out.

I wasn't sure what to do when fighting Rutland. That drove me insane for a while. I almost turned to a walkthrough, but then I got pissed off and just flung a bunch of grenades at him when the fight started, and it worked. I doubt that's what you're SUPPOSED to do, but hey, there's more than one way to skin a cat, I guess.

Laraman
25th Jul 2006, 14:47
It always seems odd to me when people buy the strategy guides

Just because someone buys it doesn't mean they're gonna use it. I got it (well, won it but if I hadn't won it I'd have bought it) for collector's reasons, not because I needed it :)

Sophia Leigh
25th Jul 2006, 23:57
It always seems odd to me when people buy the strategy guides, use online walkthroughs, or ask for help on this forum, and then come here and say, "The game was too short and not challenging enough!"

Exactly! Most of these people don't go for all the rewards and they play on the easy or medium setting instead of the "Tomb Raider" setting too.

RebeL_fARmeR
26th Jul 2006, 07:37
I tried hard difficulty... once! Then I just got killified over and over on the second level and went back down.

Wimp... :(

Headache
26th Jul 2006, 23:23
Even if it is short I'd play it over, every time on a higher difficulty level.