PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] Laras original Voice

Paul-uk
23rd Jul 2006, 10:40
Please Eidos Can you please include Laras ORIGINAL voice back in the 10th anniversary game cos that was THE VOICE.

Thanks in advance.

edit* - can someone please edit my poll I missed "you" - cheers!

Sophia Leigh
24th Jul 2006, 00:10
Oh please no. Lara is supposed to be an aristocrat and Shelley Blonde's (sorry Shelley, you're probably a very nice lady) accent simply does not represent that. Keep the current voice or use Jonell.

Alexlovesguns
24th Jul 2006, 14:07
It doesnt really matter, both are fine imo.
It would be nice to have ingame lip sync this time though, even if she doesnt say much wich is preferable here compared to legend ;) .

Mangar The Dark
25th Jul 2006, 13:16
Not really a big fan of the original voice. I mean, I guess I accepted it at the time because it was all I knew, but now when I hear it, it sounds so scratchy and just.... wrong. I think they changed her voice in TR2 and 3, but it really wasn't much better. In TR4, 5 and 6, the voice was quite good, and made her seem more likeable (well, maybe not so much in part 6, but that was the fault of the script more than the voice.) I really think Keely Hawes (Legend) did the best job. She sounded enough like whoever did the voice in parts 4, 5 and 6, but with a little bit more spunk/charisma. It was a good combination of likeable, playful and at the same time kick-ass.

Johnny
25th Jul 2006, 13:37
Keep Keely! :p

kksmith
25th Jul 2006, 18:35
Yeah the Legend voice actress is much better IMO. They should just stick with her (especially if they are going to be using her for TR8 - it's kind of wierd switching back and forth between voice actresses)

Headache
27th Jul 2006, 00:11
Yeah the Legend voice actress is much better IMO. They should just stick with her (especially if they are going to be using her for TR8 - it's kind of wierd switching back and forth between voice actresses)

Agreed. The original voice sounded.... I dunno.. Too young and deep?? Lol. Or something to that affect. :whistle:

dulcetpurr
27th Jul 2006, 02:46
Comparing the original voice with the one in Legend, (Keeley Hawes), I'd have to say the current one is best, and I'd like most to hear it in the anniv. game.

Paul-uk
27th Jul 2006, 22:20
Agreed. The original voice sounded.... I dunno.. Too young and deep?? Lol. Or something to that affect. :whistle:

too young? the perfect voice for Lara is located in TR2 is very mature cos Lara in TRL sounds like a Teenager :/ when she is well older than that.

the original voice is the Bad ass voice. thats what lara is all about. :D

Headache
27th Jul 2006, 23:58
too young? the perfect voice for Lara is located in TR2 is very mature cos Lara in TRL sounds like a Teenager :/ when she is well older than that.

the original voice is the Bad ass voice. thats what lara is all about. :D

I dunno how to explain it. But the Legend voice is still the best. :thumbsup: Plus the chick who did that TR2 voice probably sounds so much different. Maybe eidos should record each voice and everyone should do a poll....? o_0

LaraGirl216
28th Jul 2006, 06:33
Definetly No! Keeley does Lara's voice a lot better. :D

Darkmessiah
28th Jul 2006, 20:08
I dont think so.
Besides, I fail to see anything wrong with the Lara's new voice
(Keeley Hawes.)

Darkmessiah
28th Jul 2006, 20:11
I dont think so.
Besides, I fail to see anything wrong with the Lara's new voice
(Keeley Hawes.)
Oh. And please keep the new Lara design, her face looks miles better than her older versions.

kksmith
28th Jul 2006, 20:28
Oh. And please keep the new Lara design, her face looks miles better than her older versions.

Haha no kidding. AOD looked ok but yeah, she definately looks best in Legend. Before that she looks like a freaking skeleton.

Mangar The Dark
29th Jul 2006, 04:09
Very true-- she did look quite ghoulish in the earlier games. Legend is leaps and bounds better in that sense.

winston
11th Aug 2006, 08:00
I voted no. I preferred her Tr4/5/AOD voice myself.

Although if they are going back 10 years it should have the original voice... if not then keep Keeley Hawes.

Reggie
16th Aug 2006, 15:54
I'd be in a fit of happiness if Judith Gibbins was chosen to be the voice actress - Shelley Blond would be an unlikely choice for the anniversary edition, the last I heard she demanded too much money to voice act TR2, but you never know - there are bigger budgets these days...hopefully it isn't Keeley Hawes - sorry if I offend anyone but I thought her performance was the least convincing performance so far. :/

LΞGΞND
19th Aug 2006, 22:55
I agree the new voice sounds to sissy like and the attitude doesnt shoe(in legend) untill my favourite... eh hem...

WHERE (BANG) IS (BANG) MY (BANG) MOTHER! (BANG)(BANG)(BANG)(BANG)(BANG)i wish...

Natla'd
23rd Aug 2006, 11:47
I'd be in a fit of happiness if Judith Gibbins was chosen to be the voice actress - Shelley Blond would be an unlikely choice for the anniversary edition, the last I heard she demanded too much money to voice act TR2, but you never know - there are bigger budgets these days...hopefully it isn't Keeley Hawes - sorry if I offend anyone but I thought her performance was the least convincing performance so far. :/

I agree. I vote Shelley Blond should come back, but if not, Judith Gibbins all the way!

Lone Raider
24th Aug 2006, 06:11
purely for nostalgic reasons, I voted for the original voice. But Keeley does a nice job, too.

StarChampagne
26th Aug 2006, 20:54
I liked the voice of TR4/5/6 best :whistle:

Although Keeley's good. And I haven't heard much of the original Lara seeing as the sound never properly worked on TR1 (although what I did hear I didn't find particularly special :p). Although I see what you mean about Shelley being the original Lara. But imo, Jonell or Keeley!

saispas
26th Aug 2006, 22:29
Keep Keely! :p

:thumbsup: I agree!

shurik
3rd Sep 2006, 04:03
Yeah I liked the voice in Legend, was realy nice and suited Lara very well. Haven't heard other new ones yet though. In all TRers the voices were pretty similar I think, they were all good, no dissapointment.

BTW where can I hear those different voices and the girls? Where's the best place to look?

Goran_101
4th Sep 2006, 09:29
I dont' like voice in TR1, i think Keeley Haws is the best choice!

jgxenite
12th Sep 2006, 12:09
Keep Keeley Hawes! I did like the voices in the Tomb Raiders of yore, but I think that Keeley is the best out of them (in my humble opinion).

ditom
31st Oct 2006, 21:51

Yeah.Her voice is sexy just like Lara :rolleyes:

Dragu Slave
9th Nov 2006, 19:08
Keep Keeley :D

EvilNessCroft
12th Nov 2006, 16:45
Keep Keeley Hawes!!! :D She's the best :cool: And I'd hate it if they change the voice AGAIN...:rolleyes:

Terminatorvs
13th Nov 2006, 21:36
Lara had four voice actresses. I don't think, that it would be bright to change the voice again, even if it was in the classical "TR".

ladylinnycroft
15th Nov 2006, 18:34
i love keeley hawes voice.....she gives Lara that lovely tone

_mil
19th Nov 2006, 13:14
jonell Elliot The Whole Way!!!

Trinity88
26th Nov 2006, 18:15
I like Keeley's voice on lara's legend design, however i did love Jonnell's Voice either of those voices are great, but not the original, it wouldn't suit her now, she has become more sophisticated in time along with the technology.

Mr.LaraCroft
26th Nov 2006, 18:23
i liked the voice from tr3 it was nice and smooth and then in tr6 i liked it cause it was dark and moody and you knew she had some aditude and in legend i liked it but it seemed too nice like lara's nice but she isn't that nice..you know..

Advent-Lara
27th Nov 2006, 17:26
Looks like its fifty fifty

Miss. Croft
15th Apr 2007, 10:37
I want from TR1 voice. I think that was a really good voice for lara. For some reason it made her look cool... lol:lmao:

Just have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahep-VDnKFE&mode=related&search=

Now thats the voice ;)

Phlip
15th Apr 2007, 10:45
If I had to choose between Keley and Shelly, I choose Keley so I voted: http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

-Roli-
15th Apr 2007, 11:38
I think Judith Gibbins is the best voice for Lara :)

Phlip
15th Apr 2007, 11:40
I used to think that, but then I chnaged my mind :( She's to posh IMO :nut:

ziad
15th Apr 2007, 11:58
i like her voice in legend much better then tomb raider one, it's way better, i mean lara is meant to be a really rich cultured woman who lives in surry... not a essex chav... coz thats what she sounded like in tomb raider one... i thought it was quite funny actually

munchkin
15th Apr 2007, 12:11
Not really a big fan of the original voice. I mean, I guess I accepted it at the time because it was all I knew, but now when I hear it, it sounds so scratchy and just.... wrong. I think they changed her voice in TR2 and 3, but it really wasn't much better. In TR4, 5 and 6, the voice was quite good, and made her seem more likeable (well, maybe not so much in part 6, but that was the fault of the script more than the voice.) I really think Keely Hawes (Legend) did the best job. She sounded enough like whoever did the voice in parts 4, 5 and 6, but with a little bit more spunk/charisma. It was a good combination of likeable, playful and at the same time kick-ass.

I agree, Keely got it just right captured everything i love about Lara.

beccaxx

gopher666
15th Apr 2007, 12:16
No, Keeley's is by far the best I've heard. Just because its a remake doesn't mean it should be the same.

Atheist
15th Apr 2007, 12:34
The legend voice is soo much more Lara.

Plus, with what Lara looks like now, the quite girly squeeky voice would be commical.

Also, agreeing with what someone said a few posts up, it would be nice if thier was in game lip-syncing, so she moved her mouth when talking out of a cut scene.

Atheist
15th Apr 2007, 12:35
Woah...I just voted no, and realised the results were both 42/42 :eek:

Tiara
16th Apr 2007, 06:37
I didn't really like her voice in TR1. Keep Keeley, she's the best! :thumbsup: :)

StarChampagne
16th Apr 2007, 11:38
I replayed Legend a little the other day... and I said I liked Keeley before, but it struck me just how darn posh her voice can be. 'Golly gosh, it's a tomb!' Well, not quite... but a few of the things she said I couldn't take seriously. Her voice is fine, but I personally would prefer it if she toned it down a little. Lara is very British, but imo she should have a slight edge and an attitude. 'I only play for sport' sounded too gentle. But just my opinion.

Although if there isn't much dialogue in this, it doesn't really bother me. Lara's voice never stuck out in TR1 because she seemed to be more of an action woman :)

Rai
20th Apr 2007, 00:21
I prefer Keeley's voice to be honest. I can't remeber what some of the other voices sound like:o But Keeley Hawes' voice just 'fits' now, I think.