PDA

View Full Version : west africa huge ball

babylittlee
22nd Jul 2006, 19:35
I'm in west africa where you have to run from the huge ball and jump over the spikes but I keep getting ran over please help me!!!

uzigirl
22nd Jul 2006, 21:36
Have your forward control ready as soon as the fmv finishes. Quickly jump over dive to the left and under and run and jump over the hole. It took me quite a few goes to get this done. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Jsc
22nd Jul 2006, 22:43
It's not an FMV, it's a flyby

babylittlee
22nd Jul 2006, 23:54
What's a flyby?

ShirleyC
23rd Jul 2006, 00:14
I have succeed using uzigirl's approach and also by diving under the first, then diving under the 2nd on the left. Other tombraiders suggested diving under the first so I gave it a try and was surprised that it worked.
Shirley

babylittlee
23rd Jul 2006, 00:28
Sorry, but I don't even know how to dive I don't know any of those moves and plus I'm playing this on a psp and the camera is so off its hard to see where I'm going.

PARaider
23rd Jul 2006, 02:33
I don't know what the exact control layout is on the PSP (I have the PC version) but you "dive" by running (pressing forward) and tapping the crouch button. Lara should do a a forward roll under the spikes.

The second you are in control of Lara again (the action icon of Lara appears) run forward and quickly jump. Then immediately run to the left and perform the dive under the second set of spikes. Keep running forward through the door. I understand that it is easier said than done. It took me a couple of tries to get it right but keep at it.

Good Luck :D

Edit: it can a little frustrating the first time through the level. Everyone has had problems with this part at one time due to the camera issues that seems to exist in all tomb raider games.

uzigirl
23rd Jul 2006, 10:13
It's not an FMV, it's a flyby

Quite right too, sorry. :thumbsup: