PDA

View Full Version : what does the ending mean? *spoilers*

the.raven
22nd Jul 2006, 18:25
I've just finished the game but what happened at the end? why was Amanda saying "PULL OUT TEH SWORD!!! LOL!!!" and Lara is like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! and then everything exploded???? was Amanda telling Lara to pull out the sword or was she telling her mother to pull out the sword? and how does that make sense either way since the sword is on Lara's side of the "portal" or watever it is. or are there 2 swords one on each side or something? and why would the portal explode if you dont pull out the sword I mean that doesnt make any sense. whoever designed the portal must have been on crack "ok, you put this sword in to activate the portal, but the thing is, it will explode once you activate it unless you deactivate it, which means this is a totaly waste of time, haha!!!" so what was going on?

LaraGirl216
22nd Jul 2006, 19:57
Lara wants to see her mother. However you can also got to Avalon through the portal, Amanda wanted to go to Avalon, but because Lara won the fight Amanda wanted Lara to go to Avalon instead. You put in the sword the portal activates, then you pull out the sword and go to Avalon. Amanda was telling Lara to take out the sword so she could go to Avalon, but Lara didn't understand. Amanda Lost and her face was hit by a gun. All that work for nothing.

scousebr
22nd Jul 2006, 19:57
I've just finished the game but what happened at the end? why was Amanda saying "PULL OUT TEH SWORD!!! LOL!!!" and Lara is like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! and then everything exploded???? was Amanda telling Lara to pull out the sword or was she telling her mother to pull out the sword? and how does that make sense either way since the sword is on Lara's side of the "portal" or watever it is. or are there 2 swords one on each side or something? and why would the portal explode if you dont pull out the sword I mean that doesnt make any sense. whoever designed the portal must have been on crack "ok, you put this sword in to activate the portal, but the thing is, it will explode once you activate it unless you deactivate it, which means this is a totaly waste of time, haha!!!" so what was going on?
Heh, makes about as much sense as a portal with Lara talking to her mother in the past...

Seriously though, you "activate" it by pulling out the sword, which teleports you to Avalon or something like that. I can't remember clearly, and I can't check because I uninstalled it, but I guess Lara's mom does pull out the sword in a cutscene (I'm sure you didn't miss it), thus activating it and paying a visit to Arthur and his mates in Avalon. Oh, and Amanda was telling Lara to pull out the sword.

the.raven
22nd Jul 2006, 22:53
so if Amanda was telling Lara to go to Avalon, why did she beat her up and threaten her instead? poor Amanda.

scousebr
22nd Jul 2006, 23:12
so if Amanda was telling Lara to go to Avalon, why did she beat her up and threaten her instead? poor Amanda.
It's explained in the ending, as Lara blamed herself for her mom's "death", when it was Amanda's shouting that made Amelia pull the sword. Lara's mom was afraid of grown up Lara, as she said something about "her daughter", so decided to take Amanda's "advice" instead of Lara's.

Joshorty
23rd Jul 2006, 04:02
Noooow I Geddit:D

LaraGirl216
23rd Jul 2006, 05:42
It's explained in the ending, as Lara blamed herself for her mom's "death", when it was Amanda's shouting that made Amelia pull the sword. Lara's mom was afraid of grown up Lara, as she said something about "her daughter", so decided to take Amanda's "advice" instead of Lara's.

Even Though Amanda was telling Lara to pull out the sword!

gd99
23rd Jul 2006, 12:40
As my first try at tomb raider i was very dissapointed with the end.

St.J
23rd Jul 2006, 21:13
theres ovbiously gonna be another game where lara has to find a way to avalon to find her mom.

Hmm the ending is sorta like the one in Timesplitters future perfect. Something happens at the beginning (TR: the voice. who is it? TS: the tim assasins and the guy with the sniper)

at the end of TR we find out the voice was lara.

at the end of TS we find out who the time assasins were and go to the past and help past cortez with the sniper.

SO COMPLICATED!!

Joshorty
23rd Jul 2006, 22:14
And no matter what, you can't even change the past...even when you meet it in the future:scratch:

The_Elite_One_13
24th Jul 2006, 01:42
I didn't finish the game yet, but wow that stuff sounds confusing :nut: , but hopefully I'll get it when I finish LOL

RebeL_fARmeR
24th Jul 2006, 08:19
I didn't entirely get it either... All I did CLEARLY understand about the ending was that it rocked in a way I never thought possible. I've never seen Laz so furious, popping shots past Amanda's head, DUUUUUDE, the energy there... Heck man, I love that woman, Lara just rocks SO much.
I think in the sequel Lara will find her mommy and set her freeeeeeeeeee

Joshorty
24th Jul 2006, 14:08
I didn't finish the game yet, but wow that stuff sounds confusing :nut: , but hopefully I'll get it when I finish LOL
O SHOOT we spoiled for you - I'm SO SORRY:( :mad2: I should've put that spoiler wrapper thingy - I'm SO SORRY Please forgive - GOMEN-ASAI!!!
O wait..then the thread did warn people...well sorry anyway:(

Olgerth Heidern
24th Jul 2006, 17:42
"Laz"?? What kinda nickname is that anyway?

RebeL_fARmeR
25th Jul 2006, 09:35
"Laz"?? What kinda nickname is that anyway?

Nickname? No, no... A nickname would be something like "Tomby" or "Little scrumpy"... It's just a "pet name" that came along through force of habbit... meh... No biggie really.............

MagisterMage
28th Jul 2006, 11:41
I didn't entirely get it either... All I did CLEARLY understand about the ending was that it rocked in a way I never thought possible. I've never seen Laz so furious, popping shots past Amanda's head, DUUUUUDE, the energy there... Heck man, I love that woman, Lara just rocks SO much.
I think in the sequel Lara will find her mommy and set her freeeeeeeeeee

This part rocks. I thought Lara was less violent in the game but when I saw this part i went insane shouting "Do it Lara Kill her" nah just kidding but it was cool. I believe the ending was good, not what I expected but good. If Lara had pulled the sword she'd be in Avalon and TR would be busted, end of Lara... forever**** .

Scornful
28th Jul 2006, 12:33
This part rocks. I thought Lara was less violent in the game but when I saw this part i went insane shouting "Do it Lara Kill her" nah just kidding but it was cool. I believe the ending was good, not what I expected but good. If Lara had pulled the sword she'd be in Avalon and TR would be busted, end of Lara... forever**** .

Not necessarily, there could be tombs in avalon as well, :p And maybe there would even be a way to get back to earth, like some kind of warp gate or something, and she could finally bring her mother back and have tea and biscuts in front of the fireplace, ya just never know with Lara. :nut:

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Jul 2006, 13:13
Let's be serious. This is Lara we're talking about. Lock her in Avalon and she'll be downright pleased, gives her somewhere to bust out of!

dulcetpurr
28th Jul 2006, 17:51
I'm confused as to what Avalon is, exactly. I read something on Wikipedia...is it an island??

LaraGirl216
28th Jul 2006, 18:25
It is a mystical island, that it is said King Arthur went there when he died, In the game it is real, but I guess in real life it isn't.

Darkmessiah
30th Jul 2006, 18:54
It is a mystical island, that it is said King Arthur went there when he died, In the game it is real, but I guess in real life it isn't.
Perhaps it is real... Perhaps.