View Full Version : Tomb Raider Lenged Sold NEARLY 3 Million copies World Wide

Paul-uk
21st Jul 2006, 09:11
I read it a couple of days ago in my local newspaper :D

how cool is that!

*sorry if already posted*

Olgerth Heidern
21st Jul 2006, 15:24
Not too shabby for a game that supposedly "sucks", is a "ripoff", "not real Tomb Raider", and "the death of Tomb Raiding in general".

Here's to Lara's triumphant rebirth!

EvilNessCroft
21st Jul 2006, 16:35
that's great! :D

And I don't think tomb raider legend is ''not a real tomb raider'' or ''sucks'' or anything else like that!:eek: They needed to change tomb raider! Beacause face it: the last tomb raiders weren't very good.:o People just can't used to the fact that with today's technology, they were able to make Lara even more real and expressive. '' Legend Lara is sooo not lara!'' Why? :scratch: because she was able to express sadness, or regrets, or anger? I don't even go to the tombraiderforums now because everyone's arguing on that!:(

Tomb Raider Legend was a rebirth, and TR will probably stick with Crystal D. So get over it and please, stop moaning about the same things again and again. ( no i'm not telling you not you express your 'opinion', it's just too much now!:mad2: )

MissLara2U
21st Jul 2006, 18:43
Hitman Blood Money is another IP that's done awesome. Eidos are getting it together at last.

Paul-uk
21st Jul 2006, 20:39
Eidos said that they did not expect to sell that amount in such a short leng of time. :rasp:

:thumbsup:

uzigirl
22nd Jul 2006, 21:33
Good to hear that! :thumbsup:

RAZMAT
28th Jul 2006, 03:52
i get the feeling that if there's any decent sales , it's only because people waited so long for a new tr game.though from what i've seen i get the feeling that sales on this game is killing eidos.i played this game when it came out and it took me less than a week to finish.the others took me weeks if not months.and after i finished it, i have'nt picked it up since.this is the first time i even thought it about since.it was terribly linear.want some advice ,get a real game , like gothic 2.

Olgerth Heidern
28th Jul 2006, 15:09
though from what i've seen i get the feeling that sales on this game is killing eidos.

Couch Mumbling FTW!!

Mangar The Dark
28th Jul 2006, 15:38
i get the feeling that sales on this game is killing eidos.

Yep, there's nothing more destructive to a business than making a huge profit.
:nut:

Laraman
28th Jul 2006, 16:06
Not too shabby for a game that supposedly "sucks", is a "ripoff", "not real Tomb Raider", and "the death of Tomb Raiding in general".

Just because something sells doesn't make it good - look at the FIFA and FIFA Street series.

I enjoyed the game but people seem to get the impression if it sells it's good and that just is not true unfortunately.

Anyway, well done Tomb Raider Legend :)

dulcetpurr
28th Jul 2006, 17:39
I'm glad it's sold so many copies! I want the Legend series to continue, and I think if it sells well Eidos and CD will be more apt to trying to make the next one even better!

All the complaining about how Legend isn't 'REAL TR'...well, it's just silly. Technology has evolved and TR was going to have to change a bit from the original, sooner or later. I'm just pleased as punch that the 'essence' of Lara is still there, and in fact, I think it's stronger than ever. I got more emotionally involved in Legend than I have in any TR game, including Last Revelation. Change isn't all bad!