PDA

View Full Version : So is it a remake of TR1? or not?

Paul-uk
20th Jul 2006, 19:39
we have like hundreds of topics taking about remake but is it actually true? is it gonna be a remake of the first series? cos if this true I will just Die cos I would love to see Natla again! She is evil

Cheers!

MissLara2U
20th Jul 2006, 19:53
we have like hundreds of topics taking about remake but is it actually true? is it gonna be a remake of the first series? cos if this true I will just Die cos I would love to see Natla again! She is evil

Cheers!

Eidos haven't said, so it's all speculation atm Paul.

burt_ie
20th Jul 2006, 19:59
Iam personaly hoping for a remake of TR1. :D

MissLara2U
20th Jul 2006, 20:12
Iam personaly hoping for a remake of TR1. :D

Not me. I'm hoping for the best bits of Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider II, because Eidos has already said (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines2756.html) this is "a one-off title to celebrate both Lara Croft and Tomb Raider", so a Tomb Raider II remake would be unlikely, and Tomb Raider II is - to this day - my favourite.

Paul-uk
20th Jul 2006, 20:57
please not a Lara fighter like DOA please just dont Eidos.

Tomb Raider 1 would do wonders! :D

Joshorty
21st Jul 2006, 04:41
Dead Or Alive:scratch: ? I think you mean AOD:D
And heck...CORe said themselves they needed more time on AOD project...coudl've been better...aiya...the combat system was too poor...poor CORE:(

And I'm really leaning on the remake - if it isn't...ugh...ugh....ugh...:( I'd go under deep depression...

Paul-uk
21st Jul 2006, 09:14
Dead Or Alive:scratch: ? I think you mean AOD:D
And heck...CORe said themselves they needed more time on AOD project...coudl've been better...aiya...the combat system was too poor...poor CORE:(

And I'm really leaning on the remake - if it isn't...ugh...ugh....ugh...:( I'd go under deep depression...

yes DOA Dead or Alive you never now with Eidos team :mad2: I just hope is another adventure game and not a fighting game or a piuzzle game or some nonesense like that.

Treeble
21st Jul 2006, 15:27
Hope you do realize Tomb Raider started off as a puzzle based game, or some nonsense like that.

Paul-uk
21st Jul 2006, 20:41
Hope you do realize Tomb Raider started off as a puzzle based game, or some nonsense like that.

I meant a game based in a puzzle :

http://www.dexterity.com/penguin-puzzle/images/penguin-puzzle-screen-1.jpg

:mad2:

Treeble
21st Jul 2006, 21:25
Oh, see your point now. Well, I'm personally looking forward to Tomb Raider Puzzle Paradox which is coming on to mobiles anytime soon. It will be pretty much like the one screenshot you posted. :) I don't have a mobile, but if TR PP turns out to be as good as I think it is, I might buy one just for gaming. :rasp:

aussie500
22nd Jul 2006, 14:21
Tomb raider has NEVER been a puzzle based game!!!!!

Treeble
22nd Jul 2006, 17:27
Well, one of the things you can read the most on the Legend boards is that it lacks the puzzle elements from previous games, that puzzles have been dumbed down and are now too easy. If Tomb Raider had never been a puzzle based game, then I doubt the Legend forums would be crawling with sore Core fans like it is.

aussie500
23rd Jul 2006, 01:19
There is a difference between having puzzles and being based on puzzles, you have obviously never played the older games TREEBLE. Tomb Raider is an adventure game that has always had good puzzles, shooting, boss battles, and up until the last game reasonably large areas to explore.

Treeble
23rd Jul 2006, 01:54
Wow, if I never have played the older games then I wonder who has. :rolleyes:

Paul-uk
23rd Jul 2006, 10:29
I used to play Galaga :D:lmao:

StarChampagne
23rd Jul 2006, 19:56
Not me. I'm hoping for the best bits of Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider II, because Eidos has already said (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines2756.html) this is "a one-off title to celebrate both Lara Croft and Tomb Raider", so a Tomb Raider II remake would be unlikely, and Tomb Raider II is - to this day - my favourite.

Hmm... if it truly is a one-off, then I agree - I would love bits of TR2 in there too, because I loved TR2. Heck, I loved them all! But if they decided to do more than one, it might be better off separate. However I really don't know what would be best, but I'll be happy with whatever I get (well, reasonably :p ). And I never made it all the way through TR1 -*hangs head in shame* - so I'd love to see this remake :p

Joshorty
24th Jul 2006, 00:42
Well..I know there was this but I can't say it's official yet it seems official...it'd be great if this was true...but GAR the thread's gone...if only I can find it...and it's in the Gamespot forums too - linking to an article site that says some guy traveled around EIDOS' "headquaters" and seemed to kinda figured that they're gonna remake both TR I + II....but it was a rumour in my case, but the way the article pointed it out seemed like it was true 'cause this person got his/her own sneak-peek..

Paul-uk
24th Jul 2006, 19:00
shall we pop to manchester to see what are tehy doing then :D

Alexlovesguns
24th Jul 2006, 19:42
Im very interested in this if its a TR remake because i started late (TR3) and never played the first one but heard great things about it and recently saw some very interesting pics of it.

But i hope it feels more like the old games and less like legend and the movies because i like to go alone exploring the tombs and legend was also very easy, so i hope they focus more on the game itself and less on the characters.

I hope CD wont throw the new gadgets and characters in, it wouldnt make sense :whistle: .

I dont know how the inventory system was in the first TR but i liked the one from TR3 the most, and the shotgun... and the flares... and the music...:whistle: .

I shouldnt mention this problably but i saw "some trailer we're not supposed to post here" and i liked what i saw because it had that classic feel to it so i hope CD wont disapoint us.