PDA

View Full Version : Lara important ?

~Lara Croft~
20th Jul 2006, 18:17
I am Lara Croft Wanna Be incase you have seen this poll before im redoing it with a longer time limit okay lol...

Johnny
20th Jul 2006, 18:24
How can you have Tomb Raider without Lara Croft? They go together like peanut butter and jelly. :rasp:

GoranAgar
20th Jul 2006, 19:49
I am sorry, we can't let you use that name. Lara Croft's name is reserved for Lara Croft (http://forums.eidosgames.com/member.php?u=1930).

Mangar The Dark
21st Jul 2006, 17:50
I voted, "She's cool, but isn't a must-have." I've enjoyed a lot of other TR-style games which obviously didn't have Lara in them. For me, Tomb Raider's appeal always came through its gameplay, not Lara. So if they release another Tomb Raider game with the same great gameplay and a new lead character, I'd still be interested. Of course, it would be kind of odd, but as long as the game is fun, I'd be okay with it.

Besides, it would be fun coming hear and watching you all rip Eidos' head off!:D

scousebr
22nd Jul 2006, 11:48
well, if they want to take Lara out, they might as well want to take the name "Tomb Raider" out, and sell it as another game. It's not like we haven't seen it before.

sonia
26th Jul 2006, 22:30
i can liev with out lara croft she is tomb raider i lovet so much

http://www.eidos.co.uk/gss/trlegend/downloads/wallpaper_03_800.jpg

:mad2::mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Headache
26th Jul 2006, 22:46
What in the world posessed you to ask NO LARA?! It shouldn't be a question... Good God, lol :scratch: But LC has been the main character in TR ever since the first game so it's kinda hard to conceive TR without her. I mean, if she bores you that much, and if Eidos comes out with an 8th, maybe they'll do like they did in AOD where you played a different character for a little while; but maybe that wasn't enough...?

Rose662
27th Jul 2006, 03:18
You're kidding, right?

Tomb Raider without Lara Croft is like a car without its driver. It would not work.

RebeL_fARmeR
27th Jul 2006, 07:40
Dudes, Lara Croft IS Tomb Raider!

Olgerth Heidern
27th Jul 2006, 17:25
A Tomb Raider game without Lara would be like a Superman comic book without Superman (or Clark Kent for that matter). Sure, there's Supergirl(s), and Superboy, and the Eradicator, and even Mr. Majestic - and all of them fit the bill of "Super-Strong Super-Fast Invulnerable Godly Character In Tights" just fine, but they aren't the real thing.

RebeL_fARmeR
27th Jul 2006, 19:26
Lara is the absolute backbone of Tomb Raider. If they bought out a new Tomb Raider and they'd replaced Laz with some Indiana Jones-type homie then I probably wouldn't have much interest in it, I'd not consider it a TR game simply because I don't see Lara. No Lara means no Tomb Raider. I knew before they released TR7 that I'd be buying it, solely because Laz would be in it.

Like the TR movie, it's not Tomb Raider to me, why? Because Lara Croft does not appear in it at any point, Angelina Jolie does but Lara doesn't. No Lara means no Tomb Raider, it's just another generic film to me...