PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the lake of the dead was too kind a punishment for Raziel...?

PoppaKain
27th Sep 2013, 05:13
I'm thinking I should have strapped him to a chair, and curse him to forever watch this game. Ah well, maybe I shouldn't put so much trust in three sided coin tosses...

Kokekx
27th Sep 2013, 09:44
hahaha

ZeroFernir
27th Sep 2013, 13:23
that was cool, XD
But I personally am enjoying this game and the possibility of havin fresh meat in the fan club of the saga...

Moesph
27th Sep 2013, 13:46
This is what happens when the coin rolls away.

MasterShuriko
27th Sep 2013, 14:06
Lets see where the game takes us and then we can have a discussion on how good / bad it is.

Rexidus
27th Sep 2013, 15:05
Lets see where the game takes us and then we can have a discussion on how good / bad it is.

Stop using logic and act on pure undeserved internet RAGE! What you should have responded with is making an account pretending to be Raziel and threaten the original poster with making him PLAY the game for all eternity! THAT'LL SHOW HOW MUCH YOU REALLY HATE THIS GAME!!!1

... Ahem. I mean yeah. Let's give the game a chance.

MasterShuriko
27th Sep 2013, 15:24
Stop using logic and act on pure undeserved internet RAGE! What you should have responded with is making an account pretending to be Raziel and threaten the original poster with making him PLAY the game for all eternity! THAT'LL SHOW HOW MUCH YOU REALLY HATE THIS GAME!!!1

... Ahem. I mean yeah. Let's give the game a chance.

hehehe xD made me laugh =)

WoeToTheConquered
27th Sep 2013, 21:11
Well my original reaction was shock and glee at seeing ANYTHING new and LoK-related coming out, then I was like "What?...F2P online multi-player death match? Aww man..." But even then I immediately came to the forums and enrolled for the closed beta, just to see for myself what was up.

I felt enraged when reading the rage posts, and optimistic when reading the 'glass half full' posts.

The optimism has stuck with me now. The rage subsided quickly (I'm not good at staying angry). What changed my mind the most was reading that the devs are huge LoK fans and are working strictly within the timeline of the lore, and also their promise to listen to the fans has helped (even though such promises have been made before by others, but not kept, but we'll see what happens here).

So now it's just a 'wait and see' scenario for me. I hope the devs will listen to the LoK lore junkies (particularly about how the Razielim shouldn't be so damn ugly compared to the weaker clans, for right now).
I also hope that this game will be worthy of the franchise and at least...3x better and less confusing than Blood Omen 2. ;)

Well here's hoping. :D

Swagraven
27th Sep 2013, 21:18

LOL!
This thread. I hope it lives forever.

PoppaKain
28th Sep 2013, 09:57

Honestly, if we're going to take into account the rolling motion a coin could take, we might as well just start using dice. Or we could create theoretical timeli...

MY GOD

THE HYLDEN

BahamutKaiser
18th Oct 2013, 00:34
It was clearly a reward, silly :-P

TenebraeAeterna
18th Oct 2013, 14:17
There's really no need for this type of hate when you have a development team that's more than interested in feedback...and even answers inquiries amongst the community. While this might not be what the community has expected, or wanted, to see out of the franchise...it could ultimately end up being something extremely enjoyable. Who knows, it could even be a test geared towards seeing just how much interest the community holds towards expanding the franchise beyond single player games.

Personally, I believe that Nosgoth could easily become an MMORPG that rivals GW2, but with such a lengthy spans of time...it's far more prudent to release something like this and test the waters before tackling something as big as an MMORPG. This game could ultimately be a test to see just how much interest lies beyond single player games within the LoK world.

Regardless of that slim possibility, it's still going to give us something to mess around with at absolutely no cost unless we choose otherwise. That alone gives me the desire to test it out and have a little fun with it, and with a development team that actually listens and responds to its community...that's typically ensured to happen.

They know that they are on shaky ground with such a leap from what the community has wanted...which is why they are so willing to listen to the community and try and come up with something we can all enjoy.

lucinvampire
18th Oct 2013, 18:00
I'm thinking I should have strapped him to a chair, and curse him to forever watch this game. Ah well, maybe I shouldn't put so much trust in three sided coin tosses...

Surely him having to endure the entire Twlight saga in one sitting…taped to a chair with pegs holding his eyes open and head locked into place – would be an even worse punishment…well that or Beautiful Creatures on repeat AHHHHHHHHHHH

Honestly, if we're going to take into account the rolling motion a coin could take, we might as well just start using dice. Or we could create theoretical timeli...

MY GOD

THE HYLDEN

...But the Hylden are cool! :D

Kalideos
18th Oct 2013, 19:46
Look this game is supposed to be Scrubs vs Scrubs so everything that would happen in this game really isn't important at all and, even if it is so horrible, Kain can go back in time to stop it from happening theoretically. With that being said I find this game ridiculously simple for a LoK game. You could literally change skins and make it Silent Hill bosses vs Silent Hill protaganists which should be a mod IMO

Vanyelxp5
20th Oct 2013, 13:57
Does where the coin lands impact the result? What if it bounces down the stairs? What if the dog runs off with it? What if it gets caught in a gravity well and never lands at all?

What about the opposite edge? Or a diagonal landing in pudding? Clearly there were more than three possible outcomes.

What if, in one of them, instead of the Hylden... The apes from Planet of the Apes appear on Nosgoth? Do we get a game where Kain runs around a post apocalyptic world stabbing them?

ZeroFernir
22nd Oct 2013, 11:26
I am actually thinking how would be a 3 sided coin.

Vampmaster
22nd Oct 2013, 12:25
What if this time you guys have strained the metaphor to far and created a fatal paradox that expelled this thread from history?!

Vanyelxp5
22nd Oct 2013, 14:50
But if that happened, we'd never have strained it too far, the thread would still be here and we'd-

Why does everything smell like copper?

diuqSehT
22nd Oct 2013, 19:09
There's also that X-Men coin flip where you never get to find out the result because the other mutant made the coin go through your head.

ZeroFernir
23rd Oct 2013, 01:00
What if this time you guys have strained the metaphor to far and created a fatal paradox that expelled this thread from history?!

Please, nooooooo! =P I liked that topic so much... =(

Sluagh
9th Nov 2013, 09:52
[QUOTE]MY GOD

THE HYLDEN

I always thought that was a bit of silly line when I first heard it. No. 1 Who the heck are these Hylden, they sound like a family from a soap opera and No 2. Kain has no god. The only god he has, he'd quite like to stick the SR into, even if he doesn't know it yet. But since that point in my pedantic analysis of the dialogue I just thought, "Oh well, he was probably so shocked some long repressed human faith in a benevolent deity popped out - for a milli-second."

xXLittle_ShadowXx
12th Nov 2013, 06:57

MY GOD

THE HYLDEN

Lmao!! It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that...I'd of sparffed all over the place XD

Monkeythumbz
13th Nov 2013, 00:14
Lmao!! It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that...I'd of sparffed all over the place XD
"Sparf" is my new favourite word - thanks!

lordbane2110
14th Nov 2013, 11:12
but if the coin is still rolling, then isn't the outcome still undetermined, and then suddenly all vampires are banana's

Vampmaster
14th Nov 2013, 14:35
What kind of reality bending coin is this?

The_Hylden
15th Nov 2013, 00:16
Reading this thread, my mind was in fragments like shattered tuna...

Vanyelxp5
15th Nov 2013, 15:18
Silly mortal.

Don't you remember what Kain said?

As a man he could never have contained such forbidden truths.