PDA

View Full Version : A question about the clans

bytbyt
27th Sep 2013, 04:43
I've noticed the Duhmahim Reaver looks and behaves more akin to the Zephonim from Soul Reaver and the Turelim Tyrant looks and behaves more akin to the Duhmahim from Soul Reaver. What made you believe the play styles you choose best fit these two clans respectively?

Also is there a possibility we may be seeing the other clans down the rode?

88chaz88
27th Sep 2013, 09:10
The Dumahim looked bulky in SR, but their... "thing" was paralysis. I don't think the Vampire's bloodline powers have really come through yet and just seeing the Dumahim climb is likely not indicative of the Zephonim spideryness.

The Turelim in SR were much bigger and more dangerous than the Dumahim, regardless of their eventual telekinetic ability. I think of all the clans the Turelim look much more like I'd imagine them before they degenerated, though they could use bigger ears.

kain67raz34
22nd Nov 2013, 00:04
I have a question will the other clans rahabim, zephonim, and melchiahim be in there I mean you cant have the first three and not have the last three if your going to please the LOK fans out here.

Khalith
22nd Nov 2013, 01:58
The Dumahim looked bulky in SR, but their... "thing" was paralysis. I don't think the Vampire's bloodline powers have really come through yet and just seeing the Dumahim climb is likely not indicative of the Zephonim spideryness.

The Turelim in SR were much bigger and more dangerous than the Dumahim, regardless of their eventual telekinetic ability. I think of all the clans the Turelim look much more like I'd imagine them before they degenerated, though they could use bigger ears.

This is something that does somewhat irk me. We have the basics of the abilities the clans developed later on, but by no means are all their abilities before the de-evolution set in stone, the Dumahim now are skilled and cunning hunters that go after their prey. Whereas in the future as Raziel says "they are nothing but foul scuttling beasts, they cannot be kin of our high blood." They become armored monsters with a really long tongue, we cannot assume that any of the future devolved vampire's abilities are present in the setting of the game as we play it now.

There is no specific instance in the timeline where the vampire clans suddenly turned in to the devolved monsters from SR1, we only know it happened. As for the other clans being present, we know they plan on adding new character eventually, we can probably assume the others will be present at some point in the future, you know, eventually.

The_Hylden
22nd Nov 2013, 08:58
Again, also, climbing should be something they all can do with those claws and their great strength. I've always thought of the "climbing ability" from SR1's Zephon Raziel gets as just an upgrade. Like the Zephonim, he should be able to scurry fast up walls and ceilings like they do, but with claws that could puncture stone blocks like butter and with strength to lift a giant obelisk that Raziel displayed in Dumah's Stronghold, climbing a stone wall, in general, should be no problem at all for him. Defiance had Kain doing it, too, so they clearly realized by then that the climbing trait was something all the vampires should possess with large claws.

Monkeythumbz
22nd Nov 2013, 14:49
Defiance had Kain doing it, too, so they clearly realized by then that the climbing trait was something all the vampires should possess with large claws.

Yes, it does strike us as a rather obvious ability.

Vampmaster
22nd Nov 2013, 15:27
Yeah. It wasn't that no one else could climb, just that the Zephonim could climb more difficult surfaces.

Monkeythumbz
22nd Nov 2013, 16:34
Yeah. It wasn't that no one else could climb, just that the Zephonim could climb more difficult surfaces.

And perhaps that the other Clans lost certain previously common abilities as their physical and mental (and possibly spiritual) state deteriorated.

kain67raz34
22nd Nov 2013, 22:57

nope your wrong zephon evolved and developed the wall climbing ability for his clan.

kain67raz34
22nd Nov 2013, 23:00
the clans started really showing signs of devolution after raziel was thrown into the abyss so they should not look more human .

The_Hylden
22nd Nov 2013, 23:22
kain67raz34, "Nope. [You're] wrong." is not a real great way to discuss anything... Kindly treat others' opinions with more respect.

Kain could climb. Raziel could just climb faster (proven by Defiance ingame). They all have large, pointy claws, and are super, duper strong. Why exactly could they not climb a simple stone wall? There's no lore breakage in that regard. Again, by Defiance, CD obviously had shown us that this was a matter of gameplay for SR1, only, and it was not an actual limitation of not being able to climb stone walls preventing Raz, or any of the others, from doing so. Raz could probably just climb easier and faster when consuming Zephon's soul. Kind of like Raziel probably not needing to "constrict" something just to turn it...

kain67raz34
22nd Nov 2013, 23:35
kain67raz34, "Nope. [You're] wrong." is not a real great way to discuss anything... Kindly treat others' opinions with more respect.

Kain could climb. Raziel could just climb faster (proven by Defiance ingame). They all have large, pointy claws, and are super, duper strong. Why exactly could they not climb a simple stone wall? There's no lore breakage in that regard. Again, by Defiance, CD obviously had shown us that this was a matter of gameplay for SR1, only, and it was not an actual limitation of not being able to climb stone walls preventing Raz, or any of the others, from doing so. Raz could probably just climb easier and faster when consuming Zephon's soul. Kind of like Raziel probably not needing to "constrict" something just to turn it...

oh come on I didn't call him an idiot or anything I had no intention of disrespecting him. I just don't like when people come in and changes something that we grew to love so much to the point its hardly considered a part of the series. and these so called fans except it like its nothing im a true hardcore fan of LOK so im open for the game it looks fun ill give it a shot but any true fan does not willingly except something like this without testing it.

Vampmaster
23rd Nov 2013, 00:53
The Elder God said, "Consuming Zephon’s apostate soul has bestowed on you a new gift.* Like his vampire spawn, you are able to scale certain walls which are otherwise impassable - but only in the physical realm.* In the spirit world, these insubstantial edifices will not support you."

That means that only certain walls required Zephon's special ability in order to be climbed. Some walls would have been climbable without the ability and other walls weren't climbable even with the ability. The only reason there weren't walls that could be climbed without the ability is that the devs didn't see any need to put them there.

What you're saying is the same as claiming you'd need to be spiderman to climb a ladder.

ZeroFernir
23rd Nov 2013, 01:50
The Elder God said, "Consuming Zephon’s apostate soul has bestowed on you a new gift.* Like his vampire spawn, you are able to scale certain walls which are otherwise impassable - but only in the physical realm.* In the spirit world, these insubstantial edifices will not support you."

That means that only certain walls required Zephon's special ability in order to be climbed. Some walls would have been climbable without the ability and other walls weren't climbable even with the ability. The only reason there weren't walls that could be climbed without the ability is that the devs didn't see any need to put them there.

What you're saying is the same as claiming you'd need to be spiderman to climb a ladder.

Where do we "like" a post in this blog? =P

Vampmaster
23rd Nov 2013, 08:48
Where do we "like" a post in this blog? =P

Are you saying I'm making up story? That was an exact quote from SR1.

It's a safe assumption that the devs not having a reason to do something would be the reason they left it out. Nobody sings in LOK either. Doesn't it make more sense to assume the devs had no reason to include that in the games or to come up with reasons why it wouldn't be possible?

EDIT: Basically, I'm saying that if something can happen in real life (people can climb walls), it can probably happen in LOK unless stated otherwise.

The_Hylden
23rd Nov 2013, 09:38
I believe he was just saying that he agreed with you, Vampmaster. He commented on wanting a "like post" feature to express this.

ZeroFernir
25th Nov 2013, 01:22
I believe he was just saying that he agreed with you, Vampmaster. He commented on wanting a "like post" feature to express this.

^ This guy. He understands me =P
No need for adding a "Like" button here, I was just saying that for fun.

Varulven
25th Nov 2013, 23:40
No need for fighting here. I'm a true LoK fan and I love the Game Nosgoth!
Vamps and humans are cool the way they are, everything is fine :)