PDA

View Full Version : Legend for Macs

kuppe38
14th Jul 2006, 01:25
Can anyone please tell me when Legend will be available for Macs? It's very frustrating to have to wait for all the other platforms, except Mac. Thanks!:mad2:

RuumTaedor
14th Jul 2006, 04:07
Yes, I sympathize with you. Legend has been announced for every other platform on the planet except the Mac. I've brought up the topic before. The other Tomb Raider games have been available for the Mac, so I don't see why they would stop now. So far, there hasn't been a single word about Legend for the Mac. <sigh>

imported_Mark_
14th Jul 2006, 21:44
Check out the Aspyr (http://www.aspyr.com/) website. They usually release the Macintosh versions of the Tomb Raider games.

kuppe38
15th Jul 2006, 00:39
Thanks a lot for the info!!

RuumTaedor
17th Jul 2006, 18:23
Yes, Aspyr has released Mac versions in the past, but Goran mentioned a while ago that Aspyr also worked on the Windows version of Legend, which I didn't know. If this is true, then there is hope that a Mac version will be released.

Scornful
24th Jul 2006, 19:05
It's very frustrating to have to wait for all the other platforms, except Mac.

Buy a PC then, :p

RuumTaedor
24th Jul 2006, 21:19
No thanks, I have enough trouble keeping myself clear of viruses, I don't need to worry about my computer as well. ;)

However, my next Mac will be an Intel Mac and will therefore be able to run Windows and will therefore be able to run Legend (and, of course, a bunch of other Windows games). I will probably start with Windows having no access to the Internet, as I intend to use Windows mostly for gaming, not surfing.

konichi-wa
25th Jul 2006, 01:38
hmmmm how do u get windows onto mac cuz i've got intel, to apple.com i go:nut:

RuumTaedor
25th Jul 2006, 13:20
Use Apple's Boot Camp. It's a beta right now, but many people have used it to succesfully install Windows on their Intel Macs. Be warned, it repartitions your hard drive, so make sure you have a backup, it is a beta after all. Apple is offering it free of charge, and it will be included in Apple's new OS Leopard. You need your own copy of Windows XP SP2, though.

Scornful
25th Jul 2006, 13:52
hmmmm how do u get windows onto mac cuz i've got intel, to apple.com i go:nut:

Yeah, i just love how Apple is all about running windows on macs now, and even making commercials about it, but about 9 months ago they were all about keeping people from running windows on the intel macs, and talking about prosecuting anybody who gave instructions on how to do it. Hmmmm....:p But i do like Rumm's idea of just using it as a gaming machine and not connecting it to the internet, there might be a mac somewhere in my future, but i will never abanddon my PC, lol.....

imported_Mark_
27th Sep 2006, 21:02
Here are some pics of Tomb Raider Legend running on an Intel Mac. ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emilygrae/page2/

RuumTaedor
28th Sep 2006, 02:07
Cool. Makes me jealous. In the hopefully-not-too-distant-future I shall get an Intel Mac.

"Why the heck else would I dual boot?" LOL.