PDA

View Full Version : Thief Eras?

Reaper200
13th Jul 2006, 14:12
Some of you may know that Totalwar recently released an era pack commerating all the TW games. It wasn't much but being a fan i brought it. However it got me thinking that what i really wanted was a Thief equivalent. I think one based on Thief would far surpass the former and i know most people on this forum would buy it.
So if it was announced that it was being released tommorow what would people want in it?
Here are some of my ideas.

*All 3 games> Patched and improved (New items?)
*The addition of fan missions that have been fine-tuned> These could be used to extend the city?
*The introduction of a Random mission generator to which other (Fan missions) can be added aswell as being able to play the original game chapters without having to load a save. :mad2:
*A music cd
*Art/idea booklet> I think the richness of garrets world demands this even if nothing else is released. I bet there are tons of thief material lieing around that could be copied and released. We could see how the hammerites developed aswell as the pagans and garrets character. :D
*Storyboards and posters.
* A "making of" of dvd although this is unlikely.

*And this is a personal want of mine which is the in game mission movies threaded together with additional short footage (Garret completing the missions) to create a movie almost. This would work best with Deadly Shadows.

Those are just some :nut: of my ideas. Feel free to make your own lists.

Sluggs
13th Jul 2006, 14:43
* A "making of" of dvd although this is unlikely.

The whole thing is unlikely! :confused:

Reaper200
13th Jul 2006, 15:09
Thats true but theres no harm in hoping. Remember hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies. :rolleyes:

Reaper200
13th Jul 2006, 15:12
The wise words of Andy Dufresne. Well i agree with them!

Huntress
14th Jul 2006, 00:18
we have someone like NewHorizens et al, who are making a Dark Mod from Doom 3's engine and modding it to make Thief games...that'll fix all the issues and then ppl can make whatever they want to with it, including some vid's like you suggested perhaps? Gotta wait nearly two years though for it to all happen...but we've all been here for all this long waiting for more Thief, I guess we can wait awhile longer to get something that will surely be wonderful for all us fans to enjoy :) Ta and Good Hunting!

ps: If you haven't done so already, get the tech demo NH recently released in his thread about it and be amazed ;)