PDA

View Full Version : Weapons I've never used.

Kiwi Man
12th Jul 2006, 00:40
Hi, I've just registered to the forums because I've played Commandos Strike Force on all three difficulty levels, (for Playstation 2), and there are a few weapons I have still never found or used and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find them.

The first item I have never been able to find is the "Ordnance launcher" which according to the manual is one of the Green Beret's special weapons. I have also never found a Molotov Cocktail. Is it up the stairs in the level "Defend Our Mother Russia" or something?

I was looking at the Commandos Strike Force site (http://www.eidosinteractive.com/gss/legacy/commandossf/index.html) just before to try and find out a bit more about this, but there was no mention of the Ordnance Launcher, but I did find that there are also two other weapons I haven't seen in the game before. They are:

A German machine gun that isn't a mounted turret, which is labelled "MacineGun". (Where's the "H" :p)

And an American shotgun.

Oh, and the German machine gun looks like an STG-44 or something if it helps anyone tell me where to find it. (It is not an MP-40.)

So if anyone could tell me where to find these weapons I'd be very grateful! :)

Thanks in advance.

Sgt.Schnitzel
12th Jul 2006, 13:07
Kiwi Man,

The German unmounted "Machine gun" which is in fact the Stg-44 or Mp-44 or whatever never appears in the Singleplayer campaign. The only place where i noticed you can use this weapon is in multiplayer and can only be used by the Jagd Kommando class (counterpart to the Green Beret).

The ordinance launcher is the panzerfaust which should appear in the Sp campaign in "the Alamo" & "Panzers!" Missions becuase you would need it to destroy Panzer tanks.

Molotovs shoud be somewhere in the Defend Mother Russia Mission To the far East of the mounted Russian MG , they should be in a box on top one of the crates.

The Green beret should recieve the shotgun at the beginning of The first Norwegian mission.

I don't have the PS2 Version of the game so im not sure if this info is reliable.

Kiwi Man
13th Jul 2006, 02:00
Kiwi Man,

The German unmounted "Machine gun" which is in fact the Stg-44 or Mp-44 or whatever never appears in the Singleplayer campaign. The only place where i noticed you can use this weapon is in multiplayer and can only be used by the Jagd Kommando class (counterpart to the Green Beret).

The ordinance launcher is the panzerfaust which should appear in the Sp campaign in "the Alamo" & "Panzers!" Missions becuase you would need it to destroy Panzer tanks.

Molotovs shoud be somewhere in the Defend Mother Russia Mission To the far East of the mounted Russian MG , they should be in a box on top one of the crates.

The Green beret should recieve the shotgun at the beginning of The first Norwegian mission.

I don't have the PS2 Version of the game so im not sure if this info is reliable.

Ok, thanks a bunch. I was confused with the ordnance launcher and I still am though because the description for it in the manual says that it is used in the same way as grenades, and to select it, you press the same buttons that you would to select any other item. E.g. grenades or dual-wielding.

Kiwi Man
16th Jul 2006, 05:25
I just thought that I'd mention that I've found out where you can find the STG-44 in campaign mode. In the level "Panzers!" there is a single block at the edge of the map, across the road from where you start, in which there is a courtyard, some trucks and two boxes with panzerfausts in. There is also the two story building with the officer and secret documents inside. If you are on hard difficulty there is also an MG-42 upstairs in a derelict building to the left of the one with the secret documents - if you are looking at them from where you start.

Anyway, the STG-44 is in a small building right at the back of the courtyard, directly opposite the building with the secret documents. The entrance to the building is behind a truck parked along side the small building.

Sgt.Schnitzel
17th Jul 2006, 03:11
I just thought that I'd mention that I've found out where you can find the STG-44 in campaign mode. In the level "Panzers!" there is a single block at the edge of the map, across the road from where you start, in which there is a courtyard, some trucks and two boxes with panzerfausts in. There is also the two story building with the officer and secret documents inside. If you are on hard difficulty there is also an MG-42 upstairs in a derelict building to the left of the one with the secret documents - if you are looking at them from where you start.

Anyway, the STG-44 is in a small building right at the back of the courtyard, directly opposite the building with the secret documents. The entrance to the building is behind a truck parked along side the small building.

Wow, and i thought it was only in mp mode, thnx for the info Kiwi man!