PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What Should Lara Have In AE

Lara Croft Wanna Be
11th Jul 2006, 03:00
Vote

Im going at this as if it were the re-make i hope it is

aussie500
11th Jul 2006, 09:29
She does have a braid in Tomb Raider 1, if you look at all the FMV's it is a braid, they just could not animate it in the game so tied it up. If it is a remake l want the same outfit, backpack and weapons as the original. l do not know that there was a great difference in the attitude between the first game and legend though, but voted for original attitude anyway, and the Tomb Raider 3 mansion would be nice :)

winston
12th Jul 2006, 09:21
I think she should have a mix of her old and new attitude :D I would also like the see a return of Croft Manor as a training ground but more of an old Tomb Raider style. (e.g outside tracks). I think her hair is best in a pony tail (wasnt too keen on the braid to be honest although it was the original hairstyle.) As for weapons- i say bring back the cross bow from TR4 and the desert eagle!!:p

kksmith
12th Jul 2006, 14:50
I still say I want to see the same mansion from Legend, but changed to fit within the game's timeline (i.e. no Zip tech room, etc). And of course, expanded to have an outside area and stuff.

Robert4lara11
14th Jul 2006, 19:12
I hope they put movies in the game with better grafix like they do in 1-6 y the hell not in Legend yeh in no cause of no space but please dont delete from the remake well a tip play tomb raider 1-3 cause ever wise u'll never understand tomb raider u might think u no tomb raider but u never understand until u play 1-3...

Lara Croft Wanna Be
14th Jul 2006, 20:51
I still say I want to see the same mansion from Legend, but changed to fit within the game's timeline (i.e. no Zip tech room, etc). And of course, expanded to have an outside area and stuff.

I would also like to see the Legend Mansion like you... but it needs some missing details from the origional ... kitchen, bathroom... AND OUTDITE

And people have been posting things about her being able to tide horses and stuff a lake in the yard to drive a motor boat, and a garage/bike corse (garage for bikes and stuff)

WraithStar
16th Jul 2006, 21:36
I hope they put movies in the game with better grafix like they do in 1-6 y the hell not in Legend yeh in no cause of no space but please dont delete from the remake well a tip play tomb raider 1-3 cause ever wise u'll never understand tomb raider u might think u no tomb raider but u never understand until u play 1-3...

They didn't put any full motion videos in Legend because they felt that the game engine looked good enough that cutscenes would be better.

Joshorty
18th Jul 2006, 00:07
Yeah normally before, I'd die if there weren't any FMVs but as for Legend - I didn't bother as much for some reason:scratch:
But as for this - they PROBABLY SHOULD - for the fact that this game isn't going next-generation, I think they should make FMVs with those high-end graphics:D THEY JUST HAVE TO!!!!:D Anyone with me:D ??

Treeble
18th Jul 2006, 01:12
But if they do, folk will complain the FMVs look better than the game when they could have done the game itself look as good as the FMVs. FMVs are really a thing of the past, when the ingame engine (any game, not only TR) couldn't render the graphics as nicely as an FMV so it was effective. Back then. :)

Joshorty
18th Jul 2006, 03:30
But wouldn't it still be cool if they did:D ??

kksmith
18th Jul 2006, 14:49
FMVs are a lot of work and expensive. Plus they take a long time. When you can achieve the same effect with in-game cutscenes, it's not really worth it. Most games will stick to one or two FMVs (usually an intro and ending - TRL only did an intro) because there just isn't time to do more (it takes months to complete one FMV).

Mangar The Dark
18th Jul 2006, 20:29
Yeah, I really think the in-game graphics have gotten to the point where they don't need separate FMV sequences. In fact, by using the game engine for cutscenes, it keeps things consistant. I remember the transitions from cinematics to game and vice-versa in TR1 were very jarring because Lara and her environment looked drastically different in each. Of course, it was understandable at the time, whereas now it would just be silly. There were many times during Legend when I just assumed it WAS FMV, and then I'd look more closely and realize, "Hey, that's the game engine!!"

Joshorty
19th Jul 2006, 03:57
As for the PS2 though...meh it always glitches and lags in cutscenes...I hope they won't now....I know I know, cutscenes in PC won't be a problem if you have a PC harddrive mabbober...I don't though so meh...well, again, since it's not goin' next-gen, might as well make FMVs to "enhance the moments:D ". Cutscenes are great in gaming engine - don't get me wrong:D but as since this is the 10th Anniversary Edition, they might as well "enchance" this game...sometimes cutscenes just don't do as well as FMVs...it does take a lot of advantage too but as for what I've seen in what Crystal has done already, they might leave it cutscenes.....but then again, whatever works:rolleyes: I'm willing to wait and see..

Darkmessiah
22nd Jul 2006, 09:58
It could use these ideas I posted in some other thread here.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=585418#post585418
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=585422#post585422

Paul-uk
22nd Jul 2006, 15:10
I WANT THE Voice TO COME BACK. the voice suited her look if you know what I mean .

The voice has to be back!

elliotcroft
18th Aug 2006, 12:16
oniganal totaly

Legendary Lara Croft
27th Sep 2006, 17:21
it's a little bit tricky question since first you talk about hair, then about gear
i really want to see
1)old mansion +Winston
2)braid and definetely classic outfit
3)variety of new costumes, (maybe even a program to create our own?)
4)the same and maybe even more amount of levels from the original tr
5)rotating original inventory
6)maybe keep grapple from Legend, but classic gear was great too

KurtisLonely
16th Oct 2006, 15:39
Maybe this? this is from a TRF member:

I was thinking that every game console hase an internal clock, what if the manor interacted with the clock. For instance around halloween the house could be decorated in halloween decorations and around christmas or any other holiday it could be decorated for that holiday

when it's easter, lara will dress-up like a easterbunny xD

Rascalius
19th Oct 2006, 02:57
How about a light saber and a magic, super-dooper nuclear-powered jetpack/time machine/tunnelling contraption with a built-in lava lamp and colour coordinated teleport systems which travel on land, sea and that fluff you get in your belly button.
Failing that, some deodorent would be pretty useful, she must TOTALLY PONG at the end of each game! :D