PDA

View Full Version : Board name changed?

Treeble
9th Jul 2006, 01:16
Is it just me or has the "Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary Edition" board been renamed to "Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary" with the description "Come here to celebrate Tomb Raiders 10th Anniversary"...

Could this mean the special edition has been canned for good?? I mean, otherwise, why would they bother renaming it? If they did, that is, but there's something odd about it. I can see something is different, but I can't exactly say what... :scratch:

DKSM
9th Jul 2006, 01:42
I think they would announce it being cancelled, but I do agree that the name was changed - or we both are just crazy. :D

aussie500
9th Jul 2006, 04:52
Well it means perhaps that we can discuss other events to do with the 10th anniversary, or maybe the game will just not have edition in the title

John Carter
9th Jul 2006, 12:32
You know, I'm really not sure. Probably did change. At any rate, the rumour is that yes there will be a 10th Anniversary edition Tomb Raider game, but that it will come out in 2007. As to what it will really be, I don't know. I got my original Tomb Raider game for PC back in 1997 just as soon as it came out here, so a 2007 date meets the description as far as I'm concerned.

kksmith
9th Jul 2006, 15:05
Yeah but Tomb Raider was released in 1996 :P So that would kind of ruin the 10 year thing ;)

aussie500
9th Jul 2006, 21:47
l will be really disapointed if it is not ready in November, they have been working on it long enough, l am hoping to see Tomb Raider 8 for christmas 2007. Does the rumour come with a discription of what the game is by any chance? Remake, redux, reinterpretation or something completely new?

imported_Mark_
9th Jul 2006, 22:18
Very well spotted, Treeble! I'd say that they don't have a final name for the Anniversary Edition at the moment, but who knows...

You know, I'm really not sure. Probably did change. At any rate, the rumour is that yes there will be a 10th Anniversary edition Tomb Raider game, but that it will come out in 2007.
How did you get this information, John?

John Carter
10th Jul 2006, 01:00
How did you get this information, John?
From Goran, who got it from someone at Eidos.de. Although I have no doubt someone in a position to know such things there said it, I classify everything that doesn't have an official press release as "rumour". I wouldn't worry too much, you webmasters seem to have much better information than anything we mods or even admins like Goran get. :)

GoranAgar
10th Jul 2006, 04:16
Yes, I changed the forum name. I opened this forum once Eidos confirmed the developement of a 10th anniversary edition. But since there has not been a real announcement about name of the game and release date I renamed the forum. But it will come. :)

Treeble
10th Jul 2006, 15:26
*sighs in relief*

Thanks Goran for the explanation. :)

imported_Mark_
10th Jul 2006, 16:30
Danke Goran. And thanks John too.

As for the "official information"... well, I was just curious because Eidos hasn't released any press release, as far as I'm aware, mentioning the release date of the game yet.

If we talk about rumours, I could tell you that I've been told from a good source that the game was due to be released in fall 2006 (it's not a surprise, I know :P).

yesrushdt
11th Jul 2006, 14:56
I got my original Tomb Raider game for PC back in 1997 just as soon as it came out here, so a 2007 date meets the description as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, I got it that year as well (January '97 for Playstation). It would be a pity if it didn't come out this fall, but probably for the best since I'll be busy with Metroid Prime 3 and the new Zelda at that point.:D

Treeble
11th Jul 2006, 15:05
Hmmmmmm... Metroid Corruption... :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm personally looking for Smash Bros Brawl, can't wait to see more about it, but oh well, looks like Nintendo will still have me gripped onto their consoles for the next generation. :D

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 15:14
Could this mean the special edition has been canned for good?... :scratch:

What special edition?:confused:

I havn't heard of this:scratch: and I havn't been here long enough to see the "10th" bit taken away.

Are you talking about cores AE?:whistle:

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 15:55
We WERE, four whole months ago. :rolleyes: