PDA

View Full Version : Character creator

Rexidus
26th Sep 2013, 12:29
I'm the type of guy who loves in depth character creators the most in games. I really love being able to create a truly unique character who fits within the setting.

As such, I really hope this game allows me to create and fully customize my character both visually and ability wise.

I also realize that no matter how many options I'm given I'm never fully satisfied but I really hope this isn't a game where everyone looks identical. Take a look at Champions Online and Star Trek Online for their amazing character creators for examples of the kind of options I'd like. (And now this thread will dive into hate for those games...)

So that's my plea. Please give me a great character creator so I can make my own character that exists in Nosgoth.

lucinvampire
26th Sep 2013, 12:44
I’m hoping too that there will be a lot of customisation to the game (even if looks are purchasable) so I can make my characters look unique and different…so it’s not the same 6 running around.
- Different weapons and abilities will be good too but I’m assuming these will be some what limited and will depend upon which the class the character comes from. :D

MasterShuriko
26th Sep 2013, 12:48
Still hoping for a good Charachter creator where we can change more than just colors >.>

Rynfear
26th Sep 2013, 17:59
Online multiplayer deathmatch game design is different from MMORPG game design. Classes need to be distinct enough to be instantly recognizable, and too much customization would cramp up loading times and framerates.

Limed00d
26th Sep 2013, 18:11
Online multiplayer deathmatch game design is different from MMORPG game design. Classes need to be distinct enough to be instantly recognizable, and too much customization would cramp up loading times and framerates.

There are the silhouettes and the color palettes. I think you can tell a human from a vampire by the either the vampire's blue glow or a human armor's golden shine. And a little customization, like wing type, armor sets etc etc can't possibly hurt that much.

Moesph
26th Sep 2013, 18:21
Games are getting a hard on for a selection of novelty hats whilst being followed by cute fuzzy animals.

Rynfear
26th Sep 2013, 18:33
There are the silhouettes and the color palettes. I think you can tell a human from a vampire by the either the vampire's blue glow or a human armor's golden shine. And a little customization, like wing type, armor sets etc etc can't possibly hurt that much.

There will likely be some cosmetic elements, it's an F2P game after all. Cosmetics are essential if it's not pay to win.

Vampmaster
26th Sep 2013, 18:47
I imagine the player classes will be restricted to their own rig, due to animations and things needing to be redone for each one. However the skins and attachments will hopefully be fair game for all kinds of customisation.

The masks the Razielim wear appear to be customisable, since the one in the trailer has one that's very different from when I played the game. That should mean there are plenty other accessories too.

Personally, I think a mask modeled after the Soul Reaver (which is in turn based on devolved Janos) would really suit them.

Games are getting a hard on for a selection of novelty hats whilst being followed by cute fuzzy animals.

There is no place for cuteness in Nosgoth!

MrMilky
26th Sep 2013, 19:33
Haha, customization as well.

Well, good! This actually might turn out, in the end, into an rpg. Let's just hope not a MMOrpg.

Heh, but reading all of the player requests just saddens me.

TheIrtar
26th Sep 2013, 19:43

'I silenced the Cathedral and all I got was this lousy t-shirt'

ZeroFernir
26th Sep 2013, 22:20
I would love to customize my character, and I think that it would be a atractive in the game. But there is some thing that should really be changed:
1st: Turelims should be the rogues, and Dumahims the tankers
2nd: Turelims MUST have big ears
3rd: 3 fingers for the Vampires
4th: Why the hell Razielims look NOTHING as humans? only their leader fell on whater, you know? Razielim looks more as a demon than as a vampire, Dumahins and Turelims look too much as humans for me. They should be something close to Kain.

Vae Victus!

Kriegson
27th Sep 2013, 02:41
With all the ornate bits they're wearing in the trailer, I can imagine there's a lot of potential for customization. Just a matter of how much is monetized and how much is unlocked.

MasterShuriko
27th Sep 2013, 14:28
Hopefully done so u "could" unlock everything by playing but takes longer time, rather than lock items into only being unlocked through money

Kriegson
27th Sep 2013, 14:46
Hopefully done so u "could" unlock everything by playing but takes longer time, rather than lock items into only being unlocked through money
I'm assuming a bit of both, as this is usually the norm.
Sure, you can unlock the bronze face mask for the hunter for getting 50 crossbow kills on reavers, but for the SUPER BLING BLINK MENACES WITH SPIKES DIAMOND ENCRUSTED FIERY FACE MASK OF http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/1501-yaranaika.png you're going to have to shell out a few bucks. Which I have no problem with.

Rexidus
27th Sep 2013, 14:53
Personally I would really REALLY like a way of getting everything without having to spend money.

MasterShuriko
27th Sep 2013, 15:25
Personally I would really REALLY like a way of getting everything without having to spend money.

Yarrp same here

RainaAudron
27th Sep 2013, 15:27
I think they said you can get everything just by playing, but if you do not have time to unlock all of it, you have the option to buy too.

supertiessup
27th Sep 2013, 15:32
I want to get invited to the close beta so bad !! xD !

Kriegson
27th Sep 2013, 15:38
They need to make money to keep the game running =/
No one is going to buy stuff unless they have incentive, but I'm sure they'll figure it out.

ScottAstraeus
28th Sep 2013, 15:48

Rynfear makes a good point here and after reading through some other threads it seems that many people have this confused with an MMO. If there is to be any character customization, it'll probably be more akin to the Assassin's Creed multiplayer options (http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Customization) and other such multiplayer modes.