PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8

Cygnusfirst
26th Sep 2013, 12:06
Hiya folks

Will the game be available on Windows 8?

Yours hopefully
Cygnus

lucinvampire
26th Sep 2013, 13:18
Had the same question reference Win 8 – posted it in the Questions thread on the other section…missed this technical part of the forums! Glad I’m not the only one wanting to know the answer to this :D

The_Reaver
26th Sep 2013, 16:07
If it doesn't run on Windows 8 I will downgrade.
I won't miss Nosgoth for nothing.

Jeffers
26th Sep 2013, 16:48
I can't see why it wouldn't run on Windows 8 (not a definitive answer, however Windows 8 has unfortunately been out for a year now so unlikely not too) :)

lucinvampire
27th Sep 2013, 17:11
Thank you :D

I have just been looking at the specs again and it now says "recommended: Windows 7 or higher" ...so looks like we'll be fine

Yay and there was much rejoicing :D

Moesph
28th Sep 2013, 06:30
I have just been looking at the specs again and it now says "recommended: Windows 7 or higher" ...so looks like we'll be fine
So now it's a question of, will it work on Windows XP? :p

lucinvampire
29th Sep 2013, 12:28
So now it's a question of, will it work on Windows XP? :p

As long as you have SP3 - it's listed as the minimum requirements...if not you're stuffed and should throw the device out of the window!

Jeffers
29th Sep 2013, 19:43
As long as you have SP3 - it's listed as the minimum requirements...if not you're stuffed and should throw the device out of the window!
Or you could just install SP3 :p

Vanyelxp5
29th Sep 2013, 21:08
While the game itself will most likely be compatible with Windows 8, if they're releasing it through Steam, that could be a problem. Microsoft has their own App store, and they're trying to make Steam jump through hoops to be allowed to make a windows 8 client.

lucinvampire
1st Oct 2013, 11:58
Or you could just install SP3 :p

Nah that’s far too much of a sensible option ;) launching it would be so much more entertaining!

While the game itself will most likely be compatible with Windows 8, if they're releasing it through Steam, that could be a problem. Microsoft has their own App store, and they're trying to make Steam jump through hoops to be allowed to make a windows 8 client.

Thanks for the heads up :D …now George has confirmed it’ll run on Win 8 let’s hope it’ll work fine…but knowing Microsoft probably not with their evil app store of doom heh.

LifeSnatcher
2nd Oct 2013, 13:25
After a little research just found out that Win8 uses the same drivers as Win7, i have many friends that play games on Win8 w/o any problem. From what they told me Win8 is smoother, runs a little faster and it's more facebook/twitter/youtube, etc. users friendly.
Also when u want to install a game/app u will have the option in compatibility mode to run as Win XP SP3.

Phroster
15th Oct 2013, 19:26
I'm using windows 8 and it works fine.

Psyonix_Corey
15th Oct 2013, 21:12
I play it on Windows 8 at home with no issues.

Syst3mzero
7th Nov 2013, 14:02
I think this thread is hilariously funny, I'm on windows 8.1. It runs fine, never found anything wouldn't run on 8 that runs on 7. Steam has no issues on Windows 8, it works exactly like on 7, the whole jump through hoops thing is about Steam getting an app on the W8 market place which only affects it having a live tile which is completely pointless. Steam launches from desktop as it always has. you can create a steam short cut tile if you want to yourself. Problem is the media like to confuse you and cause panic about something so insignificant that no one would even notice if they hadn't brought it to your attention because like I say its only the tile, not the client.

kEIGHT8
4th Dec 2013, 07:07
everything work fine without any problem:)

cmstache
18th Dec 2013, 02:09
I think this thread is hilariously funny, I'm on windows 8.1. It runs fine, never found anything wouldn't run on 8 that runs on 7. Steam has no issues on Windows 8, it works exactly like on 7, the whole jump through hoops thing is about Steam getting an app on the W8 market place which only affects it having a live tile which is completely pointless. Steam launches from desktop as it always has. you can create a steam short cut tile if you want to yourself. Problem is the media like to confuse you and cause panic about something so insignificant that no one would even notice if they hadn't brought it to your attention because like I say its only the tile, not the client.

I can name a few that didn't, but they got upgrades and patches. :)

WarofPies
17th May 2014, 21:58
Sorry to "bump" an old thread but the search engine got me this one as being the closest as possible without creatigna new one, I would like to know will it be able to run with windows XP SP3 since the minimun is no longer that, its "OS: Windows Vista SP2"
I was wondering of buying the game but I am not willing to get a new OS my pc can handle the game even if its old but I rather no lose my XP just for it. Even without Support after April 2014.

cmstache
17th May 2014, 23:06
I see no reason why it would have an issue, as the game currently is. The longer you go the less chance of it working though. However, you need to upgrade, although I'm sure you've heard already. Depending on your specs, you may want to look into LINUX and running the program WINE to simulate a windows environment for games.

WarofPies
18th May 2014, 13:01
Thank you for the repley, but I will only change OS when I upgrade my computer with new and better hardware. And until then.