PDA

View Full Version : 8 Screenshots Taken By Me!

angelic_layer_tamayo_fan
28th Jun 2006, 18:56
These were all taken by me and then edited to make them look clearer i realy have 38 taken but im only sharing 8 for now If these aint aloud up plz take em down immedietly!:scratch:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/angelic_layer_tamayo_fan/38-1.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/angelic_layer_tamayo_fan/24.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/angelic_layer_tamayo_fan/20.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/angelic_layer_tamayo_fan/28.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/angelic_layer_tamayo_fan/5.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/angelic_layer_tamayo_fan/17.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/angelic_layer_tamayo_fan/15.jpg

aussie500
28th Jun 2006, 22:29
l am pretty sure we were told pictures were included in the ban here, and since this will not be a future game now anyway, there is no point drooling over what we cannot have

Psychopompador
29th Jun 2006, 14:52
actually- so far- stills have not been banned- just the video and links to it. (I'm not even sure they ever actually said anything about that on this particular forum)

Treeble
29th Jun 2006, 15:33
Actually, we have:

I understand that you are all excited about the video, however, please do not post links to where it can be located.

I don't mean to be the bad guy, but if it continues I am going to have to start banning...

Talk = okay
Links/Screens/Media = not okay

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=577399&postcount=35

Psychopompador
29th Jun 2006, 17:36
Ahhhh....

Joshorty
29th Jun 2006, 18:02
UGH this just reminds me how much CORE has done and yet now cancelled - the agony...

yesrushdt
29th Jun 2006, 23:25
UGH this just reminds me how much CORE has done and yet now cancelled - the agony...

Hopefully whatever CD comes up with will be better, but I guess we will never know. They should have just finished and improved upon what Core had already done, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Joshorty
30th Jun 2006, 03:34
most likely not:( ...

aussie500
30th Jun 2006, 07:15
It would be impossible for them to "simply finish what Core had done" It was not theirs to touch, everything involved with the cancelled remake remained with the Core people who made it, nothing was released to Crystal Dynamics. And before anyone says anything, no it cannot be released without Eidos's approval since they own the Core Design name and thus the Tomb Raider copyright

susan
30th Jun 2006, 09:19
It would be impossible for them to "simply finish what Core had done" It was not theirs to touch, everything involved with the cancelled remake remained with the Core people who made it, nothing was released to Crystal Dynamics. And before anyone says anything, no it cannot be released without Eidos's approval since they own the Core Design name and thus the Tomb Raider copyright
So if Eidos owns Core Design (and hence all their IP and code), why can't they (with their Core Design hat on) pass the IP and code to Crystal Design...? After all, they may all be named separately but it is the same company.

I'm not saying you're wrong aussie, I'm just wondering why they can't hand stuff over if they want to.

I've worked for a company that was similarly structured (different IP, brands and so on owned under separate names), and they handed over things all the time. It was just a case of getting the right paperwork filed.

aussie500
30th Jun 2006, 10:59
Eidos only owns the released games, unreleased they remain the property of the developer which was Core Design, the Core Design studio and all its assets were sold to Rebellion. So Rebellion would now legally own the game. But cannot release it without the copyright owners permision, and they will never get that. All Eidos own is the Core Design company name, which is how they retain the copyright

susan
30th Jun 2006, 11:09
Eidos only owns the released games, unreleased they remain the property of the developer which was Core Design, the Core Design studio and all its assets were sold to Rebellion. So Rebellion would now legally own the game. Eidos has sold Tomb Raider assets to Rebellion??? :eek: How very odd indeed.

GoranAgar
30th Jun 2006, 12:06
Eidos has sold Tomb Raider assets to Rebellion??? :eek: How very odd indeed.
That is not what that means. What he means is that they sold the Core Design assets. Not the name Core Design or Tomb Raider.

susan
30th Jun 2006, 12:17
That is not what that means. What he means is that they sold the Core Design assets. Not the name Core Design or Tomb Raider.I didn't mean the Tomb Raider assets - ie, the copyrights and so on.

As I understand it - Aussie is saying the Anniversary Edition code/IP that Core Design developed has been sold to Rebellion.
So Rebellion would now legally own the game. But cannot release it without the copyright owners permisionThat's what I meant by TR assets. I find it odd that Eidos has sold anything to do with TR to Rebellion...

Or is this normal in the computer games business..?

shaahinkaaveh
30th Jun 2006, 14:15
Hey, I've seen the trailer. But are all of these scenes remade locations from TR1? :scratch: I mean I don't recognise them. I recognise the waterfall, the T rex, and some others. But what is the rest? Where was Colosseum, Sphinx, ... ?
I am a little visually stupid :) , please help me.

aussie500
30th Jun 2006, 14:48
Yes they were all from Tomb Raider 1, we compared just about every single frame to the original on another forum, but the thread is now that long it would take a week to read through it. If the Rebellion (used to work for Core) guys wanted to, there is nothing to stop them changing Lara to another character, altering the locations so they were not so obviously Tomb Raider 1 and changing a bit of the gameplay or else it might still fall foul of the Tomb Raider copyright, and releasing it as a new game. l do not think they would anyway, but they could. They could use the same engine, and same moves, it is a pity they would have to change the locations though, l really like the work they did updating them :( The bottom 2 pictures above are from the caves level, l especially liked the glimpses we saw of that level, the boat you see in the illegal trailer is from the same level

Mike_B
30th Jun 2006, 14:51
Regarding the assets discussion:

From the Eidos press release (http://corporate.sci.co.uk/Press_Releases/PressReleasesDetail.aspx?Press_Release_ID=223):

Core joins the Rebellion

The Rebellion Group has reached an agreement with SCi Entertainment Group plc to purchase the staff and physical assets of Core Design.

The deal will see the Rebellion group acquire the Derby studios and staff of Core Design, who will continue to work with Eidos on a new project and will be re-named [Rebellion Derby]. The Core Design name and valuable IPs will be retained by Eidos. The acquisition forms an important part of Rebellion’s strategy to become one of Europe’s leading independent studios.

susan
30th Jun 2006, 15:21
Hmmm, hasn't made it any clearer to me. :nut:

Did they take the Anniversary Edition stuff with them to Rebellion like aussie says, or has it remained behind as part of the valuable IPs... (with the potential therefore to be given to Crystal for re-work)?

Physical assets usually means premises, computer and office equipment and so on. Does it also mean computer code written? Anyone know?

aussie500
30th Jun 2006, 15:39
From what the Core guys told us elsewhere (not on this forum) the code was never given to Eidos, so l am pretty sure it went with them, at that time they had no intention of releasing their hard work to anyone else. The one thing l missed in the caves level was this fella
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%20Raider%20trailer/caves3a.jpg
He was not as noticable in the trailer, although l notice as Lara was running by she was looking at him (and she had the guns out). l always remember when l first played Tomb Raider being very suspicious of that pile of bones, l was convinced he was going to move if l jumped down there

Joshorty
30th Jun 2006, 15:50
REALLY?!?!:eek: I didn't notice that in the trailer. and yeah:D when I firsy played it, which was when I was only 9, I was so scared to see that half mummified crunched up bone dude. He (or she:scratch: ) scared me when I pulled one of the switches in Tomb of Quolopec!!:eek: :D But the trailer - she was poitning at it!!!:eek: ?!?!?! AIYa that'll be freaky..

kksmith
30th Jun 2006, 16:28
From what the Core guys told us elsewhere (not on this forum) the code was never given to Eidos, so l am pretty sure it went with them, at that time they had no intention of releasing their hard work to anyone else.

That doesn't seem right though. Eidos owns Tomb Raider, and subsequently all of Core's work. I think by law they are entitled to the code. I think they would own that too. Maybe I'm wrong though.

For a remake tho I'm not entire sure you *need* the original code anyways. I mean, they are starting from scratch, so other than maybe a handy reference (i.e. "So this is what triggers boulder X to fall.."), it's not required.

burt_ie
30th Jun 2006, 23:01
So if Core has done all this work and now Crystal D are working on a whole new version of thier own doesnt that mean that somewhere on a few computers somewhere there is a half finshed game that Core will always keep?

How cool would it be to get to play it?

Faye
1st Jul 2006, 11:40
Yes, I was exactly the same! :lol: In the Caves, and also in the Tomb Of Qualopec! Especially in there! When I turned around after pulling the switch and suddenly seen him right in front of me! :eek::lol: I always wanted to get away from him in a hurry...:lol: Well, I was only ten. :p

Joshorty
1st Jul 2006, 16:19
Yes, I was exactly the same! :lol: In the Caves, and also in the Tomb Of Qualopec! Especially in there! When I turned around after pulling the switch and suddenly seen him right in front of me! :eek::lol: I always wanted to get away from him in a hurry...:lol: Well, I was only ten. :p
LOL :D that time, I was so gullable to believe any monster/animal/dinosaur/T-REx would pop-out to get me -even if it's a flatgraphic like the skull-mummy thing!!:lol: I HATED THAT:D I was so scared to find him behind me that I fell to the spikes below-_-

So if Core has done all this work and now Crystal D are working on a whole new version of thier own doesnt that mean that somewhere on a few computers somewhere there is a half finshed game that Core will always keep?

How cool would it be to get to play it?
Yet we'r
e not allowed...it just shows how the world hide things from us...who knows how many things they didn't uncover to us

aussie500
1st Jul 2006, 22:11
No it was only on the first mummified skeleton creature l was worried, once l worked out he was not going to move l was not so worried. But they did make them sort of stand out and grab your attention, and although the one in the cancelled game only looked like a normal skeleton, the fact that she was looking at it as she ran by and seemed to draw her guns, gives me a suspicion they would have moved this time. l am sure Eidos had good reason to cancel the game, although the only one l could think of is that Crystal Dynamics were working on redoing all or part of Tomb Raider 1 as well. We will have to wait and see what they come up with....although if it is not a faithfull remake, it could be the best Tomb Raider game ever done and l would always regret not getting the Core game to play :whistle:

enoch
2nd Jul 2006, 11:24
As I understand it CD is now working on the anniversary edition and since the legend versions for nintendo systems is being published later this year I don't think they'll be starting from scratch. There is no idea in publishing the 10 year anniversary edition in 2007, 11 years after the original. From what I have read, the news is that CD has taken over where Core left and everything that Core had of software belongs to Eidos. So nothing else would make sense that if the 10 year edition would come out this fall. Perhaps at the same time as legend for nintendo. Then you would have Nintendo players raiding with legend, Sony and pcplayers raiding WITH a legend and Microsoft gamers saying Halo the rest of the year. Sounds like a plan.

storm shadow
2nd Jul 2006, 12:30
I saw the trailer "10th Anniversary Edition" and this is what it's all about what I missed in Legend. The Feeling it had... Dark, sufficating, the moves etc. etc... Like that move when she is pushing a large block of stone and she streches out... That's freakin old school :cool: Love it! I guess I am just a sucker for the Old School Tomb Raider games :D

aussie500
2nd Jul 2006, 14:20
Make sure you look after your old games then, because l doubt very much if we will ever get that classic type of Tomb Raider game from Crystal Dynamics, they seem to have a different direction in mind for the franchise. Not saying it is a bad thing necessarily, but l do prefer playing the old games myself

Joshorty
3rd Jul 2006, 04:35
It's said - my Tomb Raider one disc first broke - LITERALLY:mad2: in PIECES (and it wasn't the GREATEST HITS addition and now it's gone:( ) then later on, I got myself the COLLECTOR'S EDITION of the PS-ONR, which had TR I. II and III and I WAS SO HAPPY to have brought the first game back!! not a single scratch..until now...it's completely scrathced and whenever I play the game and it'd load a track, it'd take a while, meaning the disk is scratched:( ...aiya I took very good care of it and it's still scratches..major..but still gonna keep them no matter what.

aussie500
3rd Jul 2006, 06:14
You can often pick up the PC games cheap, and you can get the extra levels for them as well. l have 1-5 for PS1 and PC, AOD for PS2 and PC and Legend for Xbox and a borrowed PC version, l will buy my PC Legend when the price comes down a bit. Having finally managed to get Tomb Raider 1 to work on my XP computer l am quite happy, l will play all of them on PC while l wait for for the next game to be made, that should keep me occupied for about 5 months, if l finish early l can always investigate the mysteries of the level editor

Sophia Leigh
3rd Jul 2006, 06:42
You can often pick up the PC games cheap, and you can get the extra levels for them as well. l have 1-5 for PS1 and PC, AOD for PS2 and PC and Legend for Xbox and a borrowed PC version, l will buy my PC Legend when the price comes down a bit. Having finally managed to get Tomb Raider 1 to work on my XP computer l am quite happy, l will play all of them on PC while l wait for for the next game to be made, that should keep me occupied for about 5 months, if l finish early l can always investigate the mysteries of the level editor
Hey Aussie, have you downloaded the gold expansion levels for TR1 & TR2 (known as Unfinished Business and The Golden Mask) and the Times Exclusive Level aka TR4 gold? Also have you got The Lost Artifact aka TR3 gold? All are PC only. They'll keep you busy for a while too :thumbsup:

aussie500
3rd Jul 2006, 14:13
Yep got all them although l have not played the unfinished business levels for Tomb Raider 1 yet. This is the first time l am playing Tomb Raider 1 on the PC, although l have had the game for over 5 years l could never get it to work with all the sound before, and refused to play it without all the spooky sound effects. Still having a few technical glitches caused by my dual processor PC, but when l eventually finish l will be playing the extra levels. l cheated and used the level skip to get some screenshots for the trailer comparison on another forum (yes we had great fun picking that trailer apart, pity we cannot do it here) so l have already played the end, the begining, but missed 3 levels and the game crashed just before the end of Natla mines(actually the game used to crash a lot), so l started the whole thing all over again once l had most of my screen shots, so yes by the time l get to the end l would have played this game a fair bit. The only bit l have trouble with is that crazy skateboarder, on the PS1 l used to just side jump and backflip to avoid him, but l seem to have trouble jumping using the keyboard, the two times l have done the the final level l had to backup while blasting away at Natla's "greatest" creation, l miss my jumping :(

Sophia Leigh
4th Jul 2006, 06:20
I'm like you Aussie, I prefer the PS controllers, pity theres not the variety on PS that the PC has.

Joshorty
4th Jul 2006, 15:04
I wish I have those:eek: ! You got all of them multi-platformed! (other then Legend 'cause heck, it's multi-platformed and by September, there will be more:D ) Although the PS-ONE graphics is weaker then PC, I can use the PS2's feature in making the graphics smoother (no pixels:D ) and load faster then it used to load but then it'd skip the audio tracks:( ...I think I'll eBay for the PC version:D 'cause the PS version for me is bad luck - always ends up in scratches. With PC, I can just burn the disc so I'd always end up using that disc rather then the original - I do that with music CDs too:D

aussie500
5th Jul 2006, 22:10
l cheated, not that my DVD burner has ever scratched anything, but the noise of it drives me nuts when sitting next to it playing, and Tomb Raider 1 disagrees with my computer in its original form, so l had to disable autoplay when inserting the disc or l would crash my PC. l mounted my copy of Tomb Raider 1 in a virtual drive, l will probably do that with the others as well, considering how long l play them. l still have not got the space to install the others yet, but am hoping to get them all on next week, just have to work out where my Tomb Raider II extra levels are hiding, we could not get the gold versions in Australia, so several years ago l downloaded them. l think this time around l will just put them on a disc and put them with the original game, so l do not lose them.

shurik
3rd Sep 2006, 04:18
Wow are those the AE ones? How did you get them? Well looks pretty good for now, I like it!!!! :thumbsup:

aussie500
3rd Sep 2006, 16:34
No the screenshots were from the cancelled Core Design Game, we have not seen anything from the Crystal Dynamics game yet

shurik
3rd Sep 2006, 21:21
Yeah that is kinda weird though. The game is coming in pretty soon and we know nothing of it! ehhhhh gotta be something good then gotta be good.

Goran_101
4th Sep 2006, 09:22
Cool screens. :thumbsup: