PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen Graphics

Jon_Stowell10
27th Jun 2006, 16:48
When I run next gen graphics, it lags occasionally, well every few seconds, it just isn't smooth, i was running:
AMD Athlon 64 FX55
2GB Corsair DDR3200
256MB Geforce 6800GT
300GB Maxtor SATA
Soundblaster Audigy 4

and it was lagging, I then added a second 6800GT running two graphics cards in Duel SLi and still no performance boost it still feel likes it lagging every so often, anyone else having this problem?

Jurjen
27th Jun 2006, 17:39
Download the latest beta Nvidia drivers (92.x or something?). They help quite a bit.

You will probably also see that the stuttering will happen less and less as you continue playing. To solve that stuttering adding a new CPU isn't likely to help a lot. It's a CPU issue (the driver processing shaders).

- Jurjen

Jon_Stowell10
27th Jun 2006, 20:47
I wanted to add a second graphics card anyway, and it worked wonders with ghost recon from stuttery graphics to everything as high as i can get it and with it being amazingly smooth, it does make one hell of a difference for gaming. Allready had the new drivers, but i will give it 30mins with it on and see if it starts to get smooth, just overclocked the cards using the built in option by about 35Mhz for clock speed and 70Mhz for memory so that might help a little

Deckard
27th Jun 2006, 22:24
What helped most in my experince:

Installing patch 1.2
Using new Nvidia driver, e.g. ver. 91.31 (I prefer officially released drivers ...)
Video card with 512 MB of RAM

Of course a fast GPU helps, but IMO the influence of available video RAM is maybe even more important in order to run Legend smoothly in NG-mode. I'm still running an AGP based system, so I can't even consider SLI :o . With the above modifications I'm now happily running Legend with NG graphics at 1600x1200@75MHz. The only feature I haven't activated is VSync ... well, I'll have to do without for frame's sake :D . Actually I'm now re-playing it for the third time in order to squeeze some 40 hours of gamplay out of it ... :p