PDA

View Full Version : The application Can't be initialized

clayto
27th Jun 2006, 02:48
Just bought Imperial Glory and installed it on my PC; then updated it with the 1.1 patch; have all the minimum requirements including a 256MB GeForce 7800 GTX card--really a top end system less than 6 months old.

However, all I get when I try to run it is "The application Can't be initialized"--no start up screen, nothing, except for an endless loop of some IG music.

Suggestions anyone?

clayto
29th Jun 2006, 05:13
Is the Imperial Glory user group very small?

I have not received any feedback to date on my query--or have I not included enough info? :scratch:

Has anyone else had similar difficulties that were not rectified by installing the 1.1 patch?

Still waiting and hoping,
Clayto

Mike_B
29th Jun 2006, 09:48
Well there isn't too much activity around here lately, but mostly when no-one repsonds it means they don't know the answer either.

The issue you listed was specificly fixed in the 1.1 patch and frankly originally only occured with people who had an onboard intel card (or other cards that didn't support pixel shader if I remember correctly).

One thing you can do is make sure you have the latest drivers for sound and video and try reinstalling the game.

danielches
1st Jul 2006, 05:19
so is this problem fixed now?
BTW, did u e-mail technical support about it?

relfy baby
29th Sep 2006, 10:27
i had that. once you've installed the game. you need to restart your comp, tho you can normally get away with leaving it, this game persists that you restart. that should sort it.