PDA

View Full Version : The vampire chronicles

The DarkOne
23rd Jun 2006, 18:28
Earlier today I was watching a movie called "Interview with the vampire" the movie is adapted from a novel by the same name written by author Anne Rice, the book is one in the series called "The vampire chronicles".

While watching the movie I noticed striking similarity between the concept of the dark gift in the movie and in BO2, ex.:In BO2 umah (I think) introduces kain to the dark gift telling him that it evolves differently in each vampire, in the movie almost the same exact line is said by the vampire LeStat to fledgeling vampire Louis which was something along the lines of "the dark gift grows differently in each of us"

So I surfed the web, and I found other similar stuff:
As vampires grow old (or older vampires) have the fire gift which is the ability to ignite things with the power of thought including setting fellow creatures on fire = Immolate
Older vampires gain the mind gift which is the ability to move things with their mind = telekinesis
Ancient vampires can read thoughts = control mind
Vampires possess superhuman speed and strength = berserk

Anyone thinks something else?:scratch:

Dror
23rd Jun 2006, 22:09
That movie\book's set in the World of Darkness by White Wolf, there's also a few PC games set in that world. (Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption and Vampire: The Masquerade -Bloodlines)
Look it up if you want. http://www.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/

But... I don't really get the point of your thread.
What exactly are you asking?

The DarkOne
24th Jun 2006, 00:21
I just wanted to know if anyone else here has noticed these similarities or is it just me imagining stuff:p

Dror
24th Jun 2006, 11:08
The concept of dark gift itself is nothing new. (that vampires evolve differently bla bla bla)
Other than that, the World of Darkness and Nosgoth are two completely different worlds.

InsaneScorpion331
26th Jun 2006, 04:35
There will always be simularities in vampire stories/lore, so LOK isnt gonna be any different. Plus it'd be better to read the books, I have the first 5, very good btw.