PDA

View Full Version : To CD and Eidos

tolkien3
22nd Jun 2006, 18:09
If you ever make another LOK game, please take a look before at this MGS4 trailer. I think you could learn a lot from it. Not just the graphics, but also the cinematography directing. Games should not be limited to 1 or 2 camera angles.
For those of you who haven't seen it, take a look and be amazed:

Metal Gear Solid 4 15 min. trailer (357MB) (http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_mgs4_e36_15min_h264.wmv) (right click, save as...)

How about a next gen LOK game, with great cinematrography? what do you guys think?

garbagefanuk
22nd Jun 2006, 22:11
This seems like an attempt to whore out MGS4 and although i love the MGS games. LoK and MGS are slightly different.

tolkien3
23rd Jun 2006, 00:56
This seems like an attempt to whore out MGS4 and although i love the MGS games. LoK and MGS are slightly different.
although I love MGS too, that was not my intention. I meant the GRAPHICS and CINEMATOGRAPHIC APPROACH. Please download and watch the trailer and you'll see.

Malus
23rd Jun 2006, 23:26
LoK > MGS. (period)

FearGhoul
24th Jun 2006, 01:11
4+a>5-b(a*67)

Squint-eyed Sniper
24th Jun 2006, 09:57
Same for me....

ofcourse MGS series are great games (my favourites) but you cant realy compare LoK with MGS...

Although, I think I get what you ment...lol

tolkien3
25th Jun 2006, 22:08
did you even look at my reply? jeez

aquarius_varun
26th Jun 2006, 15:08
I agree dude. MGS4 looks amazing. But atleast its a game that is BEING made.

No one even knows if another LOK is coming out.....apart from that message posted by chris long ago. :scratch:

The DarkOne
26th Jun 2006, 15:25
If we're speaking in terms of graphics then I have to add that as many games as I've played I think LOK: Defiance has the best graphics I've ever seen in a game up to now.

The_Hylden
26th Jun 2006, 17:04
As much as I love Defiance and LoK in general, it did have pretty good graphics, especially when viewed on the PC. However, there are other games with better. Now that it's on the Playstation 2, play Resident Evil 4 and you'll know what truly outstanding graphics are. The stuff coming out for the next generation consoles are also just phenomenal.

The DarkOne
26th Jun 2006, 17:27
What probably made defiance's graphics an eye-catcher is the camera, you could actually get so close as to seeing raziel's missing jaw. That was probably the only advantage of the camera, really gave the graphics the spotlight.

Anoobish
27th Jun 2006, 15:55
As much as I love Defiance and LoK in general, it did have pretty good graphics, especially when viewed on the PC. However, there are other games with better. Now that it's on the Playstation 2, play Resident Evil 4 and you'll know what truly outstanding graphics are. The stuff coming out for the next generation consoles are also just phenomenal.
And imagine, that's all going to be:

"Dude, look at the graphics!"

"Meh... Alright, I suppose..."

in a few years. Amazing, isn't it? :D

tolkien3
29th Jun 2006, 13:40
I'd just love a more cinematographic approach. Soul Reaver 2 was more like it, but they could still improve so much more

vampire][vorador
29th Jun 2006, 23:15
For me they don't need to improove..even if they released another game with defiance engine and kept their good work with the story I would still love the game..Lok isn't really about the graphics..no game should be...

The_Hylden
30th Jun 2006, 02:55
Yup, Anoobish. I think eventually the human race will run out of wows for itself, at which point, it will collectively commit mass suicide:p We're constantly searching for the new wow, the new exciting something we haven't seen before... I didn't intend my post to subscribe to that, mind you. I was just pointing out that, in truth, while Defiance has pretty good graphics, there are other great games out there with better. Defiance remains a great game, still. It's one of the best, imo. It does have some quirks graphically it could have worked out, but alas, graphics are only part of the equation. RE4, I cited, because it has great graphics, gameplay, and a pretty good story and voice acting to boot. It thus is a great game. There are other games just playing on eye candy that aren't.

LoK has always had a great story, the best story, while also delivering a great package of artistic and worldly presentation for the world of Nosgoth through each game. They have all been great games. Even BO2, with its story quirks and bad animation, still is a great game to play and a good addition, overall. The story is the core and the reason why it is the best game series to me period. The fact that the rest supports it in a visual, auditory, and physically involving (gameplay) way, makes these games all the better.

With that all said and the fact I may sound like I am downing the fact we keep striving for better and better visuals, I am not. I *am* pointing out, off of what Anoobish said in the previous post, how faster, shinier, bigger, more explosive, more exciting, isn't always better either. There seems to be fewer and fewer markets for substance along with those wonderful oohs and awes visually. It's kind of a part of why society as a whole sucks now, as it carries over, or is mirrored in other ways. But, I digress...:p I dare not get too philosophical on here:D heh.

tolkien3
10th Jul 2006, 01:33
Onimusha 3 also has a nice cinematographic approach

goblin981
13th Jul 2006, 13:28
[vorador']..Lok isn't really about the graphics..no game should be...

I agree, look at D, ok it's old but for it's time it had incredible graphics but almost no gameplay. (4 cds on psx)

LOK kain is the greatest
13th Jul 2006, 22:38
I think for most of us now (having played LOK when the LOK:Blood omen came out. and often dig it out and play those 2D Graphics again) that we all play it for the story. Often great cinimatics and Graphics mean a very short game, i mean don't get me wrong they look great. but take call of duty 2 on 360. the graphics blew me away, but i sold it within 2 days as it was so short.

i don't want the story of LOK to suffer just for us to get realistic graphics.

Luv KITG

tolkien3
21st Jul 2006, 12:34
me neither, but a more cinematographic approach would be nice

vampire][vorador
26th Jul 2006, 10:46
Defiance got a more cinematographic approach with the camera...many people didn't like it...and MGS have cool graphics but when it takes to character expressions LOK wins (and in story too)