PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation Question

Lunideth
21st Jun 2006, 18:31
What Graphic cards are u using to play with next gen mode????
I have GeForce 7900Fx, but when i turn next gen on game start lagging!!!
Maybe its because of ram or something, but i need to know is it because of video card or not
So all who are usin next gen mode without lag plz tell ur comp specs meaning
Processor
ram
videocard

lara croft tomb raider
21st Jun 2006, 19:10
there are two options (pc) one next gen one normal

Johnny
21st Jun 2006, 19:30
A high-end video card doesn't necessarily translate to high frame rates in games. PC games do not just rely on video cards; CPU and RAM are just as important. What are your other specs, Lunideth? I'd also like to mention that people have complained about poor next gen performance with nVidia cards. Make sure you have the latest drivers and/or patches.

Lunideth
21st Jun 2006, 19:43
A high-end video card doesn't necessarily translate to high frame rates in games. PC games do not just rely on video cards; CPU and RAM are just as important. What are your other specs, Lunideth? I'd also like to mention that people have complained about poor next gen performance with nVidia cards. Make sure you have the latest drivers and/or patches.

1: im not noob with pc and games so dont start with stupid questions and dont start lecturing me about what parts in pc are important
2. i asked others spec not mine
3. i think its because of ram, but im not sure

Mine specs:
P4 3,4 Hyper Trade CPU
1Gb/400Mhz DDR Ram
GeForce 7900 GT 256mb
In HDD "Games" Partition over 50G free space

Johnny
21st Jun 2006, 21:02
1: im not noob with pc and games so dont start with stupid questions and dont start lecturing me about what parts in pc are important

Your rudeness is just uncalled for. I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. I was merely trying to help. Talk about ungratefulness... Good luck. :rolleyes:

ShadowOfOblivion
22nd Jun 2006, 01:18

Mine specs:
P4 3,4 Hyper Trade CPU
1Gb/400Mhz DDR Ram
GeForce 7900 GT 256mb
In HDD "Games" Partition over 50G free space

What's up with some TR fans being so immature?

I notice this on almost every TR forum I go to. Most fans (like johnny) are fine, but there's some that are just..very..very..arrogant with a know it all attitude.

Two words: relax, kid.

dufflover
22nd Jun 2006, 01:25
P4 3,4 Hyper Trade CPU

"Hyper Trade" CPU :whistle:

And how does that make your game run faster :rolleyes:
Better than my system though :mad2:

Won't be. Next Gen mode is known to have poor performance.

In short, nothing out of the ordinary; it is your video card. If you really want to keep running next gen you'll just have to ditch some of those other graphics options...unless they're already off :(

GoranAgar
22nd Jun 2006, 03:16
Hi guys. :) http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=59538

50G? Wow, sounds deadly.

blincoln
22nd Jun 2006, 03:29
50G? Wow, sounds deadly.

Allegedly it's survivable if it only lasts for a tiny fraction of a second.

I play with next-gen mode enabled on a 7600GT. There is a bit of stuttering in places, but I think that's less a function of the GPU speed and more of an IO issue - my guess is it's related to transferring textures to VRAM or loading game data into system RAM or something along those lines.

Johnny
22nd Jun 2006, 03:54
"Hyper Trade" CPU :whistle:

I didn't catch that. :lol: :D

What's up with some TR fans being so immature?

I notice this on almost every TR forum I go to. Most fans (like johnny) are fine, but there's some that are just..very..very..arrogant with a know it all attitude.

Two words: relax, kid.

Thank you. :)

Lunideth
22nd Jun 2006, 10:16
Hmm.. isnt this cpu thing little off topic????
By hyper trade i mean that my processor have that ability. Ill try to explain to you:
Normal processor (Single core without hyper trade) runs processes randomly. It means that it can run 10% of 1 process, then 5 of another then again 2% of first and so on.
Hyper trade processor can trade all processors egually. So if u running 2 processes it runs them in same time 5% first and in same time 5% second.

So by doing this it is faster, Because when it trades egually there isnt any empty spaces where it could run process.
By doing this hyper trade processor is faster than normal. (Celeron and sempron arent normal processors. They are slowest processors. Celeron cant even trade)

BTW im TR Fan....

When playing i have all video options set to max or to on except nextgen. And to run them u dont need super pc.... radeon 9800pro can run gamea on max settings without lag.....

dufflover
22nd Jun 2006, 10:28
By hyper trade i mean that my processor have that ability. Ill try to explain to you:....By doing this hyper trade processor is faster than normal. (Celeron and sempron arent normal processors. They are slowest processors. Celeron cant even trade)

Never mind Lunideth. We all know what CPU thing you're talking about (http://www.intel.com/technology/hyperthread/). I was just poking some fun at you for saying you know your computer stuff then saying that weird thing :) .

When playing i have all video options set to max or to on except nextgen.

Yeh without next gen the game runs very nicely (and still looks great). I personally think you lose more than you gain when you start ditching all other quality settings to have next gen on.