PDA

View Full Version : Live Q&A with the Team - Leave Your Questions Here

Monkeythumbz
25th Sep 2013, 10:37
We expect that many of you have questions about the game you'd like us to answer, so we're offering you the chance to ask them to us in real-time.

We’ll be holding a live chat with you, our growing community. over on our Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/nosgoth) on Monday 30th September at 7am PDT/10am EDT/3pm BST/4pm CEST.

You'll be speaking with Bill Beacheam, the game's Design Director at Square Enix, and myself; plus we'll have Corey Davis, the game's Design Director at Psyonix, on our IM feeding us answers to all your gameplay-specific queries.

We'll be spending the first few minutes of the live Q&A answering questions posted here in this thread (which seems only fair), before moving onto questions submitted live to our Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/Nosgoth/) and we’ll do our best to answer as many of your questions as possible in the time available to us.

For those of you who can't make it along, we'll be sharing a video of the live Q&A here on the blog and our YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/nosgoth) a few days after the session, as well as updating our F.A.Q. with answers to your questions.

So, without further ado, please leave your questions below (remember to abide by the forum T.O.U (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/announcement.php?f=97&a=1)!) and I look forward to chatting with you on Monday!

sprky89
25th Sep 2013, 14:49
Hey George :)
For the time being (it seems that) we only get 3 classes a side. Will more be added in the future ?

Passingby
25th Sep 2013, 14:51
Not complaining just framing the question:
It looks like this game has nothing to do with the reason age old fans have wanted a game in the Nosgoth universe.
We all know the LOK universe as an unforgettable set of stories and wonderful character driven dialogues (perhaps not including much of BO2) but the very early trailer from which I probably should'nt be making too many conclusions doesn't appear to have any of that; as few multi-player games of this kind could. It looks like this game is just trying to get players from fans of a game without giving them the reason they are fans of it. LOK was much more than just a humans vs vampires game; it could have been it's own set of books.

What will fans of the old LOK games have to look forward to in this?

BlowntoBytes
25th Sep 2013, 15:01
Hi,

I'd like to know when exactly Nosgoth happens. The Lore-Tab on the site says:
"Nosgoth’s iron-willed Emperor Kain has disappeared, leaving his throne empty and the world in the hands of his Lieutenants." Wich indicates it is set after the events of Soul Reaver 1, as you said in your lauch trailer. But there are a few things I don't understand:

First of all: Kains lieutenants are all dead/gone after SR1, or are we not talking about the original 6 (Raziel etc)?
#2: How are there Razielim? We never saw one in SR1 and they are believed to be eradicated.
#3: Why are the vampires in Nosgoth much more human-looking than the ones in SR1?

MrMilky
25th Sep 2013, 15:05
Hello. :wave:

What was the model reference for the Razielim clan?

Hashakgik888
25th Sep 2013, 15:11
George,

Thanks for finally announcing this. We've all been very eager, as you know. Here's my question: since this is set after Kain's disappearance and the Razielim are still around, this appears to confirm what many fans have long suspected, which is that Kain did not actually wipe the clan out after he had Raziel thrown into the Abyss. However, the lore on the site describes them as "devolved" members of the "once-proud" Razielim. How come they have devolved while the Dumahim and Turelim are clearly still at the height of their power? Will this be explained in the game at all?

Kiertis
25th Sep 2013, 15:12
The game looks okay, but i have questions concerning the character designs.
1. If the game indeed is placed after SR1 why do the vampires have five fingers and toes? Yes, okay they might be fletclings but what's up with the Razielim's face? Also, the Turelim people should have clearly very elongated ears (like they did in the original games)
2. Where are their vampire fangs?
3. Is it still possible to make the characters look more like they actually have some connection to the original games?

kiranfenrir
25th Sep 2013, 15:14
Hello

Based on the information that I was able to obtain from the video, it seems this place will take place between the main events of SR1 and Blood Omen 2. Will we be able to witness over time the decay of the land? How will the degeneration of the vampire race affect stat growth?

blueobelix
25th Sep 2013, 15:21
The question that all of us will ask but we are 100% sure you won't ask. Is there hope for the Defiance sequel? IS there any hope for that?
Second...sentence/question: I do really hope you will turn this alpha to an excelent beta, because...there is a lot of work here, specially talking about the resemblence with the other LoK games. You do really need to recreate the LoK atmosphere, like someone said before, vampires without 5 fingers but 3, human resembling with the Defiance ones, that skinny warriors when Raziel is out of the Elder God's trap and so on...

ThaKhan
25th Sep 2013, 15:24
Is there any possibility of this moving to PS3 or any other platform?

RamielWTF
Do you plan on keeping the game casual or are you going for the e-sports scene?

Mikdar
A question I am dying to know is will we have a combat system similar to Tera? I find it a lot more engaging and fun, compared to a system used by games such as WOW.

Otherwise I am looking forward to seeing what we are in for :D

Monkeythumbz
25th Sep 2013, 15:33
I'm VERY much looking forward to answering these questions in the livestream on Monday... ESPECIALLY the lore ones. I am a gigantic LoK fan and believe you me, our lore is watertight.

So. Excited! Keep 'em coming!

CloseBeta
25th Sep 2013, 16:14
Pls invite me

Omisri
25th Sep 2013, 16:19
My question is how recognizable will Nosgoth be to the already established franchise. Art direction and graphics aside, but in regard to the narrative.

Hashakgik888
25th Sep 2013, 16:20
Excellent. In that case, more questions.

Will there be any appearances from the remaining Lieutenants as NPCs in cutscenes, etc., or will it be just "build your party, go to loading screen, play match"?

In this era, what is the state of the smokestacks that block out the sun? There are many trees shown in the trailer, and their existence seems to conflict with the fact that the vampires are running around without bursting into flames. I'm studying in Beijing right now and I can tell you that on an average day, there's just a white haze and you can't really see the sun (but plants obviously still thrive), so I'm curious if you guys have thought at all about the level of sunlight necessary for vampires to be safe while still keeping plants alive.

Similar to the issue of three- versus five-clawed vampires (which I believe is explained by the fact that that is an evolution that happens on an individual basis after several hundred years, so it would make sense for grunts not to have that attribute), how come the Razielim's wings sprout from their shoulders instead of their lower backs like Raziel's did?

Where, exactly, is Kain? Has he jumped ahead in time to meet Raziel after his return from the Abyss?

YourWaywardDestiny
25th Sep 2013, 16:36
Hello. I love the art work, and the time setting because it enriches so much of the Legacy of Kain story I already know- but my question here is, why set it in the era in which it has been set when there are so many gaps of time that are relatively undeveloped to choose from? What, precisely made the era or Raziel's decent more appealing for you then, say the Ancient Vampire/Hylden era of warring? Or perhaps the era of the Serafan? Or even the time era post Soul Reaver?

Blackykun
25th Sep 2013, 16:54
http://i.imgur.com/cdfTzKN.gif

I accidentally posted my questions in the other thread.

If this is set before vampires are completely degenerate, like in SR1, how come the Razielim showcased is completely degenerate?

Why do the vid say this is set after SR1 if it isnt, and if it is, how does whole thing make any sense at all?

Or are we throwing the lore out and nothing is canon? Because that's kind of 99% of the appeal of LoK. That and the voice acting, of which I wonder about. Will we have Simon Templemann at least narrate the intro or something?

By the way, we do remember that humans are confined to a single city and only kept around as challenge for fledgling vampires, and that without vampire stewardship of the Pillars (which should be shattered at this point in the timeline), the world will inevitably end up in a hellish nightmare (where hilariously, humans are still barely around, now hunting demons, with cannons and dogs, in the far future compared to this.)

Siiigh, I fully expect forum purges, account bans and whatnot already.

lucinvampire
25th Sep 2013, 17:13
This is probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway...
The FAQ states that the game runs on several Windows operating systems but I do not see Windows 8 listed - will the game run on this?
Ta muchly! :D

xLiaMz
25th Sep 2013, 17:15
Hey. I wanted to know how many people will there be per team? I can see 3 classes does this mean 3v3? If so could you possibly make game modes with more than just this number.

Lovermanest
25th Sep 2013, 17:23
More question marks!

I have asked the same question via twitter but :

1) I can understand Dumahim and Turelim but how can you link Razielim to the Lore? Is it even possible according to the storyline? Havent they vanished, already? Sorry if im missing some lore, it has been 3 years since i looked into it. If they are not vanished, i may repeat the same wing question (can be seen above) the wings of Razielim are different from Raziels. Will we accept that as a change of original modelling?

2) Kain is a huge question mark. If he is gone:

- What happened to Janos,
- pillers,
- the Hylden Lord and the Hylden invasion?

3) If you are gonna enlarge the original Lore, will Raziel still be trapped in Reaver and will we see an evolved Kain?

4) Will we see any effects of fake god's death?

5) Is this game the beginning? Like a training before big match? If you get a chance to remake or continue the story, are you into it?

Best wishes!

Therealrabban
25th Sep 2013, 17:35
Are those Hylden statues in that concept art at (2:24) of the announcement trailer?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/lbzll.jpg (http://www.freewebproxy.com/)

ViolentMuffin
25th Sep 2013, 17:50
Hello there! Thank you for bringing Nosgoth back to life. :) I’ll save my ramblings about the impressions from the trailer and provided descriptions for another topic. :) My questions:

1) Why Dumahim where chosen to be a type of stealth/stalker class? In Soul Reaver they didn’t seem to exhibit any characteristic features of that kind of vampire, in my opinion, that description fits much more into Zephonim. Dumah’s offspring represented a kind of regular, quite versatile soldier, while Zephon’s sons (and daughters?), as creatures resembling spiders, climbing the walls and lurking in the dark, would be much more expected for the proposed class. I thought that their still human forms would somehow indicate their devolution and skills shown in SR1.

2) Will the vampires have skill characteristic to their clans? For example Turelim’s telekinetic projectiles, or Dumahim’s constrict?

3) The appearance of the vampires. Razielim is depicted as already devolved monster, while Dumahim and Turelim are still quite human. Why did you decide to present them in this way? As far as I can try to understand it is supposed to reflect Raziel’s faster evolution, and the clan being a step ahead than the others. But it seems to be taken quite too far. I would expect that all vampires would exhibit some level of devolution and features from their monster-forms from SR1. And where are their three-clawed hands and strange feet? Those are a must!

4) What will be the locations of the maps, where player are supposed to fight? Are you aiming to set them in new locations, or places where vampires and humans fought (for example the territory of the Dumahim clan, or Silenced Cathedral? YES! MAKE SILENCED CATHEDRAL!!!)?

5) In which timeline will the game be set? Is it the one after all paradoxes from Soul Reaver 2, or is it a version of history unaffected by them?

hydre39
25th Sep 2013, 18:01
Hello there,I just want to know how will be the skill tree,how many active skill can we have in battle and will it be level?

TheAvenue437
25th Sep 2013, 18:19
How will the progression system work in this FTP MP game for the different classes? Will equipment be a part of this progression system? And will players be able to pay to progress faster? Looking forward to more details concerning this aspect of the game!

Abolist
25th Sep 2013, 18:21
Are any aspects of this game story driven or is it just a typical multiplayer? Is there anything outside of the multiplayer?

ScionOfBalance
25th Sep 2013, 18:41
I like many who have signed up for this beta, are long-term fans and certainly would love to see more done with the series since it deserves more than to languish and stagnate. What bothers me truly and is my root-question to this post is:
Given that there have been 2 canceled games(one in early 2004, the second earlier this year if I remember correctly), the second having a multiplayer component, and is what we're seeing now as the main release, is there ever going to be a possibility for a fully-fledged game in the series that FINISHES THE ORIGINAL STORY, and doesn't resort to ret-coning or diversions in order to achieve it's crescendo?
I can't say I'm not disappointed in the choice to go with something as simplistic as a third-person shooter, the art-style is intriguing, the content of characters are interesting, at least in the scraps of bio you guys have put up so far. I hope that you're aiming a little higher in the end, that you don't wind up just dooming the franchise to the indifferent death of mediocrity, my hope extends to not just the future of the franchise but in the quality of your work. I know that one of the driving reasons at least what has been reported in various gaming websites, is the cancellations had to do with the lack of confidence in the fan-base wanting another game/it would sell well enough, to borrow a quote:

"As long as a single one of us stands, We are a legion"

if this passion-filled rant imparts anything, its also the hope you have more confidence in us than that.

MasterShuriko
25th Sep 2013, 18:49
My questions are:

Nr1: Since the Soul Reaver game (first one) we got to learn that Vampires Evolve after a period of time and or after gaining streangth, so my question is; Does the vampires we play as get to evolve aswell, ie new abilities or forms if only for cosmetic effect?

Nr2: Will there be some kind of story / singleplayer ?

Nr3: Since you mentioned E-sports I can guess that you are planning to add it to this game aswell. My question regards players that afk, leave, troll, feed intentionally and are just being bad people towards teammates and opponents, how will these be handled?

Nr4: Hackers, they are everywhere and they really kills whatever game they are in. How will hackers be handled and or spotted.

Nr5: Will there be some kind of store to buy new skins, charachters, classes, weapons, abilities? If so are we going to be able to buy said things in the store by playing the game and earning in-game currency or will there be items only for real money?

Those are my questions so far =D

Lord_Aevum
25th Sep 2013, 19:24
5) In which timeline will the game be set? Is it the one after all paradoxes from Soul Reaver 2, or is it a version of history unaffected by them?

For the moment I'm just going to second this question. Thanks in advance.

Vaspian
25th Sep 2013, 19:38
When you said in the trailer about vampire cities and societies does this mean you can visit the vampire clan cities like in Soul Reaver? Because I think that would be VERY awesome.

Alhazredd
25th Sep 2013, 20:11
Amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG

Raziel_of_Nosgoth
25th Sep 2013, 20:23
Will there be PS4/Xbox One-versions of Nosgoth in the future?

Avenger09
25th Sep 2013, 20:42
Are the designs of the Vampire's final? Because I would prefer it if the Turelim looked more like this:

http://cghub.com/images/view/227792/

And if you are going to change them I recommend taking the designs from the orignal games I.e the Talons and Hooves. Because those where what made them stand out from other incarnations of Vampires in other media, and I think it would help make your game stand out.

Ljrivarola
25th Sep 2013, 21:20
I'll go straight to the points:

As a musician, I'm a huge fan of the work that Kurt Harland made in the previous games. Can you tell us anything about the music/sound desing in Nosgoth?

Also, I'm a huge fan of the voice acting in the LOK series. Will this game have dialogue? Or it will be the usual "taunt" that characters say to each other in the middle of the match, or something like that?

Nosgoth (the location, not the game) is huge. Blood Omen 1 was a game with so much places to explore that it was amazing. Can you tell us something about the locations on Nosgoth (the game)?

In the FAQ it says that the Psyonix people worked on Mass Effect 3. I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer mode. Can we expect Nosgoth to be somewhat similar to that in terms of gameplay?

And the last one: Why only PC? I don't have a gaming PC, my RAM is only 1GB, but what I do have is a PS3. Since Sqare Enix always had a good relationship with consoles, why did they decide to publish this game only on Windows PC? This game would work so well on consoles and you'd make a lot of people happy... Please, consider it. We've been waiting for a new LOK game for years and Nosgoth seems like a fresh and exciting new take on the franchise.

Oceansized
25th Sep 2013, 21:24
Will we see the Pillars of Nosgoth?

Will we hear classic Soul Reaver music?

Vampmaster
25th Sep 2013, 21:25
Are the designs of the Vampire's final? Because I would prefer it if the Turelim looked more like this:

http://cghub.com/images/view/227792/

And if you are going to change them I recommend taking the designs from the orignal games I.e the Talons and Hooves. Because those where what made them stand out from other incarnations of Vampires in other media, and I think it would help make your game stand out.

The explanations given so far are that the vampires haven't evolved that much yet, although I think the intention might be to release different levels of devolution as DLC. I think the less evolved Turilim seen in the trailer should at least have the ears Turel did in the SR1 intro. I've suggested to SE that the clan uniforms from the SR1 intro would be good to have at some point as well.

saintjiub
25th Sep 2013, 21:28
If you are planning on making a truly competitive title, do you have any plans to promote Nosgoth in the esports world? What will you be doing differently to other competitive titles that have tried and failed to grab the competitive gamer's attention?

Limed00d
25th Sep 2013, 21:49
Will there be cosmetics? Judging from the different shots of the Razielim class, it seems to be so. Is that where the microtransactions come in? If so, will there be a drop system like Dota 2, so that one can get certain items with a low to medium quality?
Or will you pull a League of Legends and add in-game currency that you get for playing?

However, the real question everyone is asking is; will there be BLOCK PUZZLES?
inb4 block puzzle solving gamemode redux

Mnkymn89
25th Sep 2013, 22:40
any chance of nosgoth coming to consoles?

AkiraEverhate
25th Sep 2013, 23:10
Is Simon Templeman involved in this in an extensive role?

Swagraven
26th Sep 2013, 00:03
What would you say to assure fans that you are doing everything in your power to keep the games lore friendly? Could you explain quickly why Nosgoth is cohesive with the lore to help dispel some of the animosity that seems to be generated over the appearance of the Razilim? I've tried to do it, but I think a lot of people want a statement from you all before they'll let themselves trust it.

TheIrtar
26th Sep 2013, 01:06
So many questions... if I had to choose one though.....

How will Nosgoth handle progression?

Multiplayer games live or die based on how they handle progression.

You don't need to make a player with 200 hours outstat a player with 2. But, you have to do something. There is the Call of Duty route, where your gameplay just unlocks new weapons and customizations. There is the LoL / DotA2 route where your progression arcs are mostly contained within the individual rounds (IE you start a round with nothing, by end game have all the things, then next round you start with nothing again). Or you can go the TF2 route where you just randomly get stuff, and use it for crafting or trade it with fellow players (We know a hat based economy works! Somehow...)

I just want to know what Nosgoth has that will drag us in, and want us to keep coming back.

Alhazredd
26th Sep 2013, 01:09
Is Simon Templeman involved in this in an extensive role?

i would like to know this aswell

WrecktalDefiler
26th Sep 2013, 01:18
My questions are all gameplay related.

- Will spell casting and auto attacks be targeted or used as skill shots, like the difference between World of Warcraft and Smite?

- What kind of an item system can we expect to see in the game, if there even is one? Will it be similar to that of MOBA style games?

- Will there be different scenarios to play, such as a capture the flag or king of the hill? And if so, how do you intend to incorporate them into the game without taking away from the authenticity of the experience?

- You seem to have put a lot of emphasis on how you have made the melee v. ranged balanced. Can you elaborate?

- Will we be seeing any other type of faction, other than humans and vampires? This includes playable characters or not.

- I believe it has been stated previously but 6 total playable classes seems a bit limited. Will you be revealing and releasing new classes as the beta continues?

- Will there be any NPC's in the game that you can get xp from? Is there even an xp system where you get gold and xp from killing people/NPC's?

Thank You.

Reidbynature
26th Sep 2013, 01:19
Sadly I won't be able to watch it live as I'll be busy. However I'll leave some questions here for the Q&A. Hopefully they may pick some of my questions if appropriate.

1). The game is F2P, but I imagine the Nosgoth team still intend to generate a profit somehow. What kind of in-game transactions or otherwise can we expect, if at all?

2). The game seems to be set in between Raziel's execution and his return from the abyss. Does Nosgoth cover most of the time period in between or just a select portion of the time in between?

3). Are the Razielim the only devolved vampires we can expect to see or is there a possibility of seeing the devolved forms of the other vampire clans later on?

4). Though Nosgoth is not a singleplayer game it is said to be existing within the lore. I imagine there may be some lore setting within the game in some form. If so will this take the form of an opening scrawl of text at the start or load up or something else that gives context and incentive on why you're playing as these characters and taking part in these online battles?

5). Can we expect to see familiar sights from previous games or lore easter eggs in the games arenas?

SeraphofEnigma
26th Sep 2013, 01:53
However, the real question everyone is asking is; will there be BLOCK PUZZLES?
inb4 block puzzle solving gamemode redux

HA! I like this question.

Annnd, well damn it seems all the questions I had have already been asked. So I shall just stress the largest one.

Why have the Razielim devolved as they have? What has made the corruption so much more evident in them and turned them into monsters? As the descendants of Raziel, Kain's once favored lieutenant and the individual gifted with the largest/strongest portion of Kain's soul wouldn't it stem/slow the corruption? Melchiah's clan was forced to stitch the skin of their victims on piecemeal to conceal their decay and rot. If the corruption for the Razielim has spread so aggressively what weakened them to it that hasn't yet seemed to touch the other clans?

That leads to will the Melchahim, Zephonim and Rahabim be available later? Also it seems that the Hunter human class hints at the remnants of the Sarafan, is there any truth to that? What other classes might the human side see?

Now then, the Hylden. After the events of the other games will they have any part at all in this? Is this supposed to be before events in later games messed with the time frame/history of Nosgoth? I would assume that as things changed the effects would reach back through everything that had happened with only Kain and Raziel immune to it as they were already displaced. However Kain watched a wonderful mental movie of things changing in his memories at the end of Soul Reaver 2 so will that play any part in why things are how they are in this game?

Dumb question time: With the exception of the Alchemists will there be gender options for the rest of the roster and what are the chances of seeing those designs? I'm curious to see if the female versions of the vampires look less like what we expect humanoid females to look like. Somehow I get the image of harpies for the Razielim.

Huh, guess I had more questions than I thought.

Cegard
26th Sep 2013, 02:28
you know guys in the lore section it says that Kain's lieutenants are fighting each other for the throne... but weren't they dead? o.O

Alhazredd
26th Sep 2013, 02:33
you know guys in the lore section it says that Kain's lieutenants are fighting each other for the throne... but weren't they dead? o.O

Kain killed a few of his lieutenants in BO2 annnnnd raziel killed a few in SR1 so these are probably the ones raziel was going to kill in SR1

Alhazredd
26th Sep 2013, 03:08
why are the Turelim no longer psykers with large ears, and now big brutes?

Alhazredd
26th Sep 2013, 03:17
also will the other 3 clans come in at any point and is AMY HENNIG involved in this game in any fashion?

Cegard
26th Sep 2013, 03:17
Kain killed a few of his lieutenants in BO2 annnnnd raziel killed a few in SR1 so these are probably the ones raziel was going to kill in SR1 yup you're right, but that's my point lol, i mean they were killed and this Nosgoth's game lore is bringing them back... and by the way that Raziel killed them, we could assure that they're be gone for a long long time... i just think that the lore must be thought over and over again so we fans don't get disappointed :)

Kstle09
26th Sep 2013, 03:19
I will be wake up at 5.00 am to see this :V :zzZ:

MasterShuriko
26th Sep 2013, 03:19
The lieutenants Kain killed in Blood Omen and the lieutenants killed in the Soul Reaver game isnt the same people.

Alhazredd
26th Sep 2013, 04:31
The lieutenants Kain killed in Blood Omen and the lieutenants killed in the Soul Reaver game isnt the same people.
What he said

Hashakgik888
26th Sep 2013, 05:48
yup you're right, but that's my point lol, i mean they were killed and this Nosgoth's game lore is bringing them back... and by the way that Raziel killed them, we could assure that they're be gone for a long long time... i just think that the lore must be thought over and over again so we fans don't get disappointed :)
What? No, the game is set between Raziel's execution and his "unique resurrection". Kain has disappeared because he's buggered off to go meet Raziel in the future or some such and only the lieutenants are left to squabble amongst themselves. Raziel hasn't killed them yet. That doesn't mess with the lore concerning the lieutenants. I'd guess that the game is set roughly 200 years or so after Raziel's execution.

Limed00d
26th Sep 2013, 06:46
That leads to will the Melchahim, Zephonim and Rahabim be available later? Also it seems that the Hunter human class hints at the remnants of the Sarafan, is there any truth to that? What other classes might the human side see?

I think that the three other clans won't be present at all, and here's probably why:

The Melchahim is cursed with rot. Going to war against an opponent with such firepower as the humans possess would be devastating for the entire clan, seeing as they constantly need new skin to be sewn to their bodies.
I am under the impression that the Zephonim has more or less secluded themselves within the silenced cathedral. Since they appear more like spiders, I wouldn't doubt that they do what spiders do; feeding on the careless that walk in there.
The Rahabim is either busy adapting to water or already have overcome their weakness to it. Though they've shown that they can walk on land, being exposed to ANY sunlight that escapes the cloud of smoke covering the sky would be fatal. I doubt they would be willing to risk it.

Though, if Psyonix want to add some more vampire classes, they'll probably find a reason to why and how the other clans join in.

PopularDemand
26th Sep 2013, 07:08
What I'd like to know is:

1: What sort of game modes can we expect? I'm guessing there will be a standard death match setting as every multiplayer game has one of those but with the unique world and characters I'm hoping to see something more closely tied to the setting.

2: What systems will you use to help communication between teammates? An in game chat feature is nice and usually to be expected but I've had a lot of fun and gotten a lot of use out of per-programed voice call outs and microphone support.

3: What matchmaking system will be used? Obviously balancing is always an issue but I'm more asking about the layout. Some games have you hit a giant "play" button and wait, others have server lists that you can join at your choosing, and still others have matches starting every certain time interval. I'm always a fan of the giant, yet simple, play button but what should we expect?

4: You've shown us some of the Alpha graphics and it certainly looks pretty nice, I'd play it as is, but is this the art style you're sticking with (maybe increasing graphic quality but keeping the style the same) or is it a starting point and perhaps there's a different style that you'll be working towards? Quite a few games will start in one style and change to another before it's settled. Sometimes that's caused by the evolution of the game over time and other times it's the developer slowly moving to the style they wanted in the first place. Thoughts?

I'd also want to know about how the progression will work (profile and ingame) and if there will be more classes but someone beat me to asking that.

Caittif
26th Sep 2013, 07:45
1. - ¿Will be 4 classes in total, human, 3 Vampire (Dumahim, Turelim and Razielim)?
2 -¿ all Dumahim, Turelim and Razielim have the same appearance?
3 - ¿each vampire clan has unique attributes, but they level the same way, or one of them goes faster or slower?
4 - ¿we know that vampires kill humans, ok, but what is the real purpose in the game, find the whereabouts of Kain, eradicate humans?
5- Kain throws Raziel into the abyss and destroy the Razielim. because Turelim and Dumahim kill only humans just should not also kill the Razielim?
6 - other clans may be used in the future?
7 - ¿start with basic skills, then we can only have new or improve?
8 - will handle a points system status (str, int, luk, vit, etc.) Or only influences the level or equipment?
9. - Will there day and night, or forever be night in the game?
10. - Will exist a mission to defeat a boss epic or something similar?

:scratch:

ZioAndrew
26th Sep 2013, 09:18
What i just want to know: there will be seraphim for humans? and Dumahim, Turelim and Razielim are the all classes for vampires?

LordNekronom
26th Sep 2013, 09:32
1 Can we expect to see any Hylden presence in this time? Maybe the Seer, or some escaped revenants, or even playable Hylden as a third faction or neutral fighting as 'some sort of mercenaries' ?

2 Do all Razielim look like Man-bats? or can they have a more fair look about them as customization, to look like Raziel did before the fall?

3 Will the Elder god have a major presence here?

binarysecond
26th Sep 2013, 10:39
1) Business model
2) Game modes
3) Raziel's clan are all dead/outcasts (If we're correct on the timeline of this being between Raziels death and rebirth) So why/how are they working with other vampires.

Therealrabban
26th Sep 2013, 10:55
1 Can we expect to see any Hylden presence in this time? Maybe the Seer, or some escaped revenants, or even playable Hylden as a third faction or neutral fighting as 'some sort of mercenaries' ?

2 Do all Razielim look like Man-bats? or can they have a more fair look about them as customization, to look like Raziel did before the fall?

3 Will the Elder god have a major presence here?

Nobody noticed my question? Why are there Hylden statues in the concept art?

MasterShuriko
26th Sep 2013, 12:45
Remnants of the past?

AkiraEverhate
26th Sep 2013, 12:49
Will the Elder god have a major presence here?

I would like to know this as well. I am kind of hoping he does not have a role since we lost Tony Jay. Man he was a great voice actor!

ZaraAudron
26th Sep 2013, 13:12
Given that Dumah and Turel cast Raziel into the Abyss will their be any conflict between the Raziellim and the other vampire clans?

Also, what level of character customisation will the game be offering?

ZaraAudron
26th Sep 2013, 13:21
You mentioned the possibility of revisting Dark Eden. Will we meet the remenants of Anacrothe, Dejoule and Bane's experiments, with possible environmental dangers and mutated enemies?

Hashakgik888
26th Sep 2013, 13:22
Given that Dumah and Turel cast Raziel into the Abyss will there be any conflict between the Razielim and the other vampire clans?

Oh, hey, that's a good one.

Therealrabban
26th Sep 2013, 14:18
Remnants of the past?

As far as we know, no one has seen an uncorrupted Hylden since the formation of the pillars, and the concept art has a bunch of Melchiah flags all around it. There are a lot of possibilities for why they are there, but it seems odd. Perhaps Melchiah found the Hylden city and setup shop there?

Leaving
26th Sep 2013, 14:33
Will the game be in first person or in third person sight?

Vampmaster
26th Sep 2013, 14:35
As far as we know, no one has seen an uncorrupted Hylden since the formation of the pillars, and the concept art has a bunch of Melchiah flags all around it. There are a lot of possibilities for why they are there, but it seems odd. Perhaps Melchiah found the Hylden city and setup shop there?

Where's this concept art people keep mentioning? Is it the Dead Sun stuff on Neogaf?

raziel96
26th Sep 2013, 14:38
In the future will you work or have some help from amy for the story ?

will we see the game in other platforms?

SeraphofEnigma
26th Sep 2013, 14:58
I think that the three other clans won't be present at all, and here's probably why:

The Melchahim is cursed with rot. Going to war against an opponent with such firepower as the humans possess would be devastating for the entire clan, seeing as they constantly need new skin to be sewn to their bodies.
I am under the impression that the Zephonim has more or less secluded themselves within the silenced cathedral. Since they appear more like spiders, I wouldn't doubt that they do what spiders do; feeding on the careless that walk in there.
The Rahabim is either busy adapting to water or already have overcome their weakness to it. Though they've shown that they can walk on land, being exposed to ANY sunlight that escapes the cloud of smoke covering the sky would be fatal. I doubt they would be willing to risk it.

Very valid reasons. I guess it all depends on how far along the other clans are in evolution as to if they are included or not. The Rahabim have the strongest case I believe. In the opening of SR1 Rahab already had gills.

Hashakgik888
26th Sep 2013, 15:12
Where's this concept art people keep mentioning? Is it the Dead Sun stuff on Neogaf?
Rabban included a screenshot from the trailer in his original post. The blue-tinged vampire city with Melchiah banners.

Vampmaster
26th Sep 2013, 15:32
How will the progression system work in this FTP MP game for the different classes? Will equipment be a part of this progression system? And will players be able to pay to progress faster? Looking forward to more details concerning this aspect of the game!

It's already been said the game won't be pay to win, so I wouldn't expect to be able to progress any faster. What I would like to know is what you actually get for leveling up.

More health?
More ability slots?
Longer lasting status effects?
More customisation options?

Rabban included a screenshot from the trailer in his original post. The blue-tinged vampire city with Melchiah banners.

Found it, but it's been taken down. I guess I can just rewatch the trailer if it's from that.

The_Reaver
26th Sep 2013, 15:45
Here two questions:

1) Is there going to be multiple languages? I am interested in Portuguese - For example, I can play League of Legends in full Portuguese ;)

2) What is the criteria for selection of game alpha / closed beta testers? Or will it be a random choice?

YourWaywardDestiny
26th Sep 2013, 15:49
yup you're right, but that's my point lol, i mean they were killed and this Nosgoth's game lore is bringing them back... and by the way that Raziel killed them, we could assure that they're be gone for a long long time... i just think that the lore must be thought over and over again so we fans don't get disappointed :)

It has already been said that this game is set while Raziel is unconsciously drifting through the lake of the dead. The Lt.s weren't dead yet because Raziel hasn't come back to kill them off quite yet.

GrimWolf94
26th Sep 2013, 16:11
Hey guys just curious will there be other clans? Like Rahab, Zephon etc... O and great work cant w8 for the beta ..... You just had to make the game when my studies start xD... GL and best of luck to the team.

shikobot
26th Sep 2013, 16:20
hello moderators and players!
I wonder if there will be restriction of ip to the region of south america? and whether there is a support forum or even the in-game option to the Portuguese language as it is in the high MMORP world?

WrecktalDefiler
26th Sep 2013, 16:58
Will each faction have all of the roles that make a team 'balanced' by MOBA standards? I.E. Ganker, Tank, Carry, Support, etc.

This may be an inaccurate and presumptuous question being that the game may be nothing like any MOBA but I keep picturing something along the lines of SMITE as gameplay.

linikratyo
26th Sep 2013, 17:04
Hey guys, I was wondering whether you will have cosmetic packs for Nosgoth. So that players can give Turelim larger ears for example, the Razielim more bat=like wings and the vampires the familiar triple claws. I think this will stop a lot of negative feedback from the fans and gives you an opportunity to make money ;)

noaugsyo
26th Sep 2013, 17:55
Why are you breaking my heart http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/clarityfades/Anime/RalphWiggum.gif

Limed00d
26th Sep 2013, 18:17
I would like to know this as well. I am kind of hoping he does not have a role since we lost Tony Jay. Man he was a great voice actor!

I doubt the Elder God can be arsed to even manipulate fanatical vampires that have devoted their entire hedonistic existence to nothing but suck blood and dress to kill. If it weren't for the fact that Tony Jay has passed on I would be glad to hear his voice as an announcer.
Now our best bet for an announcer lies within Anna Gunn, aka Ariel.

Rynfear
26th Sep 2013, 19:14
Now our best bet for an announcer lies within Anna Gunn, aka Ariel.

Oh my god I had forgotten where I heard that name before. Ariel is Walter White's wife. Mind = blown.

*ahem* The Elder God wouldn't be thematically consistent. Kain didn't know his voice before Defiance and no one except Raziel (and purified Kain) has ever seen how he looks like. It's unlikely he'd make himself heard to lowly soldiers.

TheDanater
26th Sep 2013, 19:49
i would very much like to know, would you be willing to bring this to next-gen consoles? specially ps4?

Vampmaster
26th Sep 2013, 20:14
Oh my god I had forgotten where I heard that name before. Ariel is Walter White's wife. Mind = blown.

*ahem* The Elder God wouldn't be thematically consistent. Kain didn't know his voice before Defiance and no one except Raziel (and purified Kain) has ever seen how he looks like. It's unlikely he'd make himself heard to lowly soldiers.

What about Gregg Berger? Would he be any easier to get? Having taken Raziel's place as Kain's second in command, Turel is the big cheese in Nosgoth at this point and his voice sounded awsome in Defiance.

Akkira
26th Sep 2013, 21:31
Hi!
I want know, What you can buy in the cash shop...?
There will be prenium accounts? And what is the advantage?

All the characters is just a class or they was a 'personnal characters (like other moba....)?
How many differents map you think creates...?

ZeroFernir
26th Sep 2013, 21:44
So, I am a HUGE fan of the series, end would REAAAAAALLY LOVE to go on for closed alpha/beta... but it happens that when I did the registry, I was not in my PC, so I could not send my computer's specs, and I saw that it gives you a good chance of being called... Is there any way that I could send it?

adfegg
26th Sep 2013, 21:46
First of all: Kains lieutenants are all dead/gone after SR1, or are we not talking about the original 6 (Raziel etc)?
#2: How are there Razielim? We never saw one in SR1 and they are believed to be eradicated.
#3: Why are the vampires in Nosgoth much more human-looking than the ones in SR1?

I will beg everyone's indulgence, as this is from the very first page.

#1: This will not be set after SR1. It will be set after Raziel is executed, but waaaaaaaaaaay before he comes back as a reaver.
#2: Indeed. They are believed to be, but that was always kept deliberately vague.
#3: Because the ones in SR1 are older and have devolved.

adfegg
26th Sep 2013, 21:52

Not that I think Elder God would play any role in the game, but I've always thought Gabriel Woolf would make a good Tony Jay substitute.

vitorsoarest
26th Sep 2013, 22:38
My favorite RPG from Square-Enix is Final Fantasy Tactics, so I have two questions:
1) will you one day make a game in the same style as FFT, but not a "Advance" franchise? A more mature game, with plot twists, HD graphics, lots os jobs, magic, fight, tactic-based battle, etc.
2) Why not release FFT: The War of the Lions outside the PSP, such as the PSN?

Thanks!

Vampmaster
26th Sep 2013, 23:04
My favorite RPG from Square-Enix is Final Fantasy Tactics, so I have two questions:
1) will you one day make a game in the same style as FFT, but not a "Advance" franchise? A more mature game, with plot twists, HD graphics, lots os jobs, magic, fight, tactic-based battle, etc.
2) Why not release FFT: The War of the Lions outside the PSP, such as the PSN?

Thanks!

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Xardak
27th Sep 2013, 05:35
I have 3 questions:

1. How did you envision the combat (since we have seen far too little in the trailer)? Will it be closer to the action games, with fast attack animations (the animations seem more responsive, focusing on the aftermath of the attack rather than the part before the actual hit) or will they have longer detailed animations; will the normal movement stop briefly during the attack (with some movement still generated from the attack) like in Darksiders (I, II) or other action games, will the movements stop a bit more like in Neverwinter Online or will you be able to swing attacks freely while moving?

2. How are the skills planned, huge action bar or a few well placed hotkeys?

3. Are you planning on creating some complex multiplayer maps as well or focus mostly on simple deathmatches?

CountEyokir
27th Sep 2013, 05:54
First off, I will admit that quite frankly I think what you have up as lore is superfluous. You could ignore the entire thing and it would change nothing in terms of the larger story. It exists in its own little easily ignored or removable bubble. I personally am not impressed with it either. On that note however I do have a question.

Is this simply a death match arena experience where players select either a generic Vampire or a generic human to fight as and we simply play in two player mode against each other, or is there going to be some overarching story element with recurring character and plot development?

FelixAkuma
27th Sep 2013, 07:21
Not really looked over all the questions so forgive me and ignore any of my questions which are repeated haha,

Will you be able to have multiple characters and switch between the sides?
How in-depth is the character customization if there is any?
Will their be quests and such to reach level cap before going into the pvp or will it just be all pvp from the get-go?
How is the pvp done? I noticed it said team play, so is it done in arena matchups or is it just full on open world where you can band together with any allies around kinda thing?

Pretty psyched for this game :D

Soradus
27th Sep 2013, 07:47
1-Why didn't you make LOK: Dead Sun and added this as a MP option?
2-Will there be other classes in each faction?. I feel that 3 is not enough unless the customization makes a big difference like: change how your character looks or some of his/her weapons.
3-When will the game be released (hopefully)?
4-On the trailer. You guys talked about (The larger world of nosgoth) can we go into more details on that?.

thanks.

ZaraAudron
27th Sep 2013, 09:08
Oh, hey, that's a good one.

Ta, inter-clan dynamics would be awesome to see in detail!
I think it was mentioned on one of the other threads that the Razielim would essentially be enslaved by the other clans which makes sense given that as the oldest clan they would devolve and lose their minds first and that they would also be punished for their maker's 'transgression'. Either way, excited to see which way the developers go with this!

Vampmaster
27th Sep 2013, 09:30
1-Why didn't you make LOK: Dead Sun and added this as a MP option?
2-Will there be other classes in each faction?. I feel that 3 is not enough unless the customization makes a big difference like: change how your character looks or some of his/her weapons.
3-When will the game be released (hopefully)?
4-On the trailer. You guys talked about (The larger world of nosgoth) can we go into more details on that?.

thanks.

When I played the game at the community event, you could switch characters any time you respawned. There was talk about adding other classes, but not at initial release as far as I know. We were shown a map of Nosgoth too. I'm not sure if I can say what was on it.

LauraOrganaSolo
27th Sep 2013, 09:30
1. Since this is set after Raziel's "execution," why have the vampires regressed back to five-toed human feet?

2. What is the basis for the decision to not bother to create female options for the vampires? Why set the human sex choices in stone with the Sisters of Anacrothe?

Kokekx
27th Sep 2013, 09:59
What is with the pillars? They destroyed? If so then when pillars were destroyed the hylden ported into the world so they arround? Will we see Kain arround since he is messing with the Mobious's time machine thingy as we saw at end of SR1.
also a request: Please dont destroy the LOK world...it is one of most fantastic stories in game history and would hate to go all mainstream consumer nonsence like todays games or/and movies..

kainilritorno
27th Sep 2013, 12:05
I think it was a real disaster, a low blow for loyalists nosgot like me. was not the setting to make the game great. was the charisma of the characters, the intricate story and always consistent, the puzzles! if you wanted to make a multiplayer. you could very well use the story of the epic battle between vampires and hilden even before the arrival of raziel and kain, before the birth of Vorador. would be great

Kriegson
27th Sep 2013, 12:17
1: More information on the larger world of nosgoth and our role in the war. Are we stuck in arenas or do we get to have outside experiences?

2:What game types are you planning? IE What we have seen looks like team deathmatch. Would we expect objective based matches or simple exterminations?

3: What additional classes and races are you planning, if they can be revealed?

4: What kind of player customisation/advancement might we see?

kiranfenrir
27th Sep 2013, 12:31
Another Question,

Will we see any of the mainstream characters? I see a chance to wrap up some of the threads that have been left hanging. A couple threads below:

The revival of Vorador, and his disappearance by the SR era.
The building of Meridian and it becoming the capital.

I know that this takes place after the rising of the lieutenants, but there is no reason why we can't explore how those events occurred, or what happened to them by this point in time in Nosgoth's history.

Also, will there be a time travel element where we can fight, relive, and explore different points in Nosgoth's history?

Kainslegacy
27th Sep 2013, 13:05
Hello, I don't know if my question has been thrown out there yet or not but here it goes. Will there be some kind of evolution unlockables for the vampires? for instance when you level up as the turelim would you be able to grow the large ears that as classically a part of their clan? This could give a good perk like being able to see people on the mini map (if there is one i don't remember if i saw on in the trailer) when they move so its like you're hearing them. This would also help to remain canon with the series and kind of curb some of the negative feed back i've been reading.

The_Reaver
27th Sep 2013, 14:34
Here two questions:

1) Is there going to be multiple languages? I am interested in Portuguese - For example, I can play League of Legends in full Portuguese

2) What is the criteria for selection of game alpha / closed beta testers? Or will it be a random choice?♥

Adding two more questions / worries

3) Does the Pillars appear on Nosgoth? Because they ARE on the logo.

4) Will the alpha / beta tests be distributed via Steam? (because it was asked if we have a Steam account on the frorm)

Hugs !!!

RainaAudron
27th Sep 2013, 14:43
Yes, it´s Steam only :) and George said on Twitter no Pillars as a location.

Daburack
27th Sep 2013, 15:15
How will vampiric traits be displayed in the game?
Mainly, regeneration from non-fatal wounds or revival if the cause of death is removed. (Thinking about Revived Vampires in SR1, remove the spear or crossbow bolt impaling them and up they get for round two if the body isn't fully destroyed. Requires team work to permanently put down a vampire with flame wielding class after it is staked by a hunter or for a vampire to ensure a partner's revival by pulling the stake out.)
Will there be environmental factors capable of harming humans and vampires alike? Such as pools of water, spiked walls/pits, sunlight and/or bonfires?

KitKhains
27th Sep 2013, 16:09
My curious question is will Nosgoth have any aspects of a typical MMO? Such as gathering skills, tailoring, potion making, etc, or will it be a purely a grinder and mostly PVP?

Therealrabban
27th Sep 2013, 16:13

2:24 of the announcement trailer

Umbralim
27th Sep 2013, 16:57
One of LoK's main staples was that water is like acid to vampires. Will this play into the mechanics for the humans side, such as water traps or pushing vampires into rivers or wells?

Is Turel the leader of the vampire faction? and how does anacrothe and Dark Eden play into the sudden jump of the humans from practically livestock to a faction capable of challenging the vampires?

Vampmaster
27th Sep 2013, 17:14
Is Turel the leader of the vampire faction? and how does anacrothe and Dark Eden play into the sudden jump of the humans from practically livestock to a faction capable of challenging the vampires?

It says in the SR1 manual that Turel replaced Raziel as Kain's second in command, so I think so. The explanation given for the humans (on the forums and at the community event) is that Kain left and the clans started fighting amongst themselves and then the humans seized the opportunity to fight back.

Dark Eden is just the explanation I've been hoping SE use to explain the Razielim's faster devolution. Raziel didn't seem that far ahead and a few people have said they'd like to see the area revisited.

EDIT: Oh, right. I just saw where Dark Eden was mentioned in the lore section. I didn't notice that when I made the suggestion, but I guess at least means that means it could show up at some point.

AnthonyFFer
27th Sep 2013, 17:22
In the game will appears places from the previous games, like the Lake of the Dead, The Vampire Citadel, Eternal Prison, between others?

Reidbynature
27th Sep 2013, 17:48
Any chance of seeing environmental hazards like wall spikes, bonfires or large pools of water etc?

Kinkoman
27th Sep 2013, 18:56
Hey,

Huge LoK fan and can't wait for this game! I was wondering and hoping, will this game come out on systems like the PS4 and Xbox One, while your working on the PC version and that is awesome and I can't wait to play it, I have friends that every time a new LoK game came out we would go to one of our homes(like 3 or 4 of us) and play together, some of these friends who are hyped(some not, but I convinced them to try it) won't be able to play with me without going out and buying a gaming PC(lots of money to play a game some of them don't think they would like). I think its worth wild to invest in system online games, and while this is not a MMO, online only games and MMOs have done pretty well on systems like the PS3, even Elder Scrolls Online is going to be on systems.

So please answer my question, will this be on consoles, on or near its release date? And if you aren't considering it, please start, you'll reach more people and fan(once a console game, always a console game! LoK has always been on consoles!)

Thanks,
Clayton

PS: I know you kinda answered this on the LoK forums but my question still stands and it need to be expanded on. Thanks

Clockwurq
27th Sep 2013, 20:20
Will we be able to use controllers?

Ambusher
27th Sep 2013, 20:31
The most part I'm worry about is a design of vampires. Obviously, why they have five fingers? In the LoK: Soul Reaver all the Lieutenant and Kain had three on palms, two on feet. Why turelim's ears so small, doesn't even pointed? Again, in SR1 Lieutenant Turel has big pointed ears, it clearly visible in the intro CG.
Back to fingers, even ancient vampires and Vorador was three-fingered, it's normal evolutional step for any vampire(Kain still have five in BO2).
Also, razielim's wings. According to SR1 Intro and Daniel Cabuco's concept art, Raziel's wings grows from more lower point in distinction from introduced in Nosgoth.
Can we hope those mismatches will be fixed in the future? Or, maybe, there's some explanation to these things?
As for the rest, I like UT-style gameplay. If you be able to balance two absolutely different(I mean in gameplay) races, Nosgoth can become truly unique team competitive multiplayer.
Good luck to do that, and I'm subscribed for beta test, so I hope I'll can help you somehow.
Sorry if my english is not good enough :)

LauraOrganaSolo
27th Sep 2013, 20:38
My curious question is will Nosgoth have any aspects of a typical MMO? Such as gathering skills, tailoring, potion making, etc, or will it be a purely a grinder and mostly PVP?
It's not an MMOG. The FAQ says it is a "...competitive, team-based Human versus Vampire free-to-play multiplayer experience set in the brutal fantasy world of the Legacy of Kain series."

Swagraven
27th Sep 2013, 20:53
Amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG

Works at NaughtyDog, works at NaughtyDog, works at NaughtyDog, works at NaughtyDog,works at NaughtyDog,works at NaughtyDog,works at NaughtyDog,works at NaughtyDog,....

Vampmaster
27th Sep 2013, 22:38
Oh, here's a question:

Will the Q&A be recorded so those of us at work can watch it afterwards?

Joeyv1337
28th Sep 2013, 03:14
Not sure if this is posted already but; Will this game be a balanced f2p or will it be more of a P2w game?
Like power ups only available to people that use Rl cash etc

Swagraven
28th Sep 2013, 04:23
Not sure if this is posted already but; Will this game be a balanced f2p or will it be more of a P2w game?
Like power ups only available to people that use Rl cash etc

They said it wasn't going to be p2w, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Swagraven
28th Sep 2013, 04:24
Oh, here's a question:

Will the Q&A be recorded so those of us at work can watch it afterwards?

I've heard it'll be on youtube for anyone who can't make it.

Gribanoff
28th Sep 2013, 09:26
I'm interested in the question. Will the Russian-speaking community? Russification? I'd love to. And I think it would be worth to do in many other languages. Sorry for my English. Thank you.

Hashakgik888
28th Sep 2013, 09:39
From user Aradiel over at the Nosgothic Realm (http://nosgoth.yuku.com/topic/6605/Official-announcement-of-Nosgoth?page=2) re: the Razielim's as-yet unexplained devolution:

"Looking at how horrid the Razielim look, it brings up an idea - since they would get the adaptations (wings, etc.) from the lieutenant, perhaps they are particularly corrupted because Raziel is, at that point, technically dead. Maybe the Lts act as a means of holding back the corruption from their children, and without Raziel the dam burst."

Seems like a good potential explanation. Monkeythumbz, I hope you will weigh in on this during the Q&A.

RainaAudron
28th Sep 2013, 10:35
I think whether a Lieutenant is or isn´t alive has no bearing on the offspring.

Delinquio
28th Sep 2013, 11:05
I am super pumped for this game so here are a few questions
1. Will this game be competitive as in have money prizes and LANs?
2. Will this game be hosting Oceania servers as many, many oceania players miss out on having an enjoyable lag free experience
3. Are you striving to help this become an MLG or as such eSport?
4. Will this be like 3v3? 5v5? or as such as the main game type?

soulrelic616
28th Sep 2013, 11:05
I think whether a Lieutenant is or isn´t alive has no bearing on the offspring.

I think that the Lieutenants offspring being linked to their sire makes perfect sense and some sort of example was seen before too... In SR most of the clans sustained themselves when their sire was around, but Dumah was practically inmobilised and basically dead making te Dumahim the weakest clan in Nosgoth at that time, I remember the Melchiahim being more challengin than them.

I am not taking Turel into acount as he wasnt dead, he was just snatched to another time...

vaDMC92
28th Sep 2013, 12:24
Could you make for ps3,please?
kain an the others will be a playable characters?

Adran06
29th Sep 2013, 00:02
Apparently most people haven't paid close attention to what's in the video. As I already know this is set after the PROLOGUE of SR1, and before Raziel is reborn (and similarly before the Razielim are wiped out), I'll skip the question else seems to be asking and go to what I would like to know: will there be anything regarding the Hyldan in the game?

Limed00d
29th Sep 2013, 00:06
kain an the others will be a playable characters?

Nope

Then, not long after Kain cast Raziel into the Abyss, Kain disappeared.

RainaAudron
29th Sep 2013, 00:14
I think that the Lieutenants offspring being linked to their sire makes perfect sense and some sort of example was seen before too... In SR most of the clans sustained themselves when their sire was around, but Dumah was practically inmobilised and basically dead making te Dumahim the weakest clan in Nosgoth at that time, I remember the Melchiahim being more challengin than them.
I am not taking Turel into acount as he wasnt dead, he was just snatched to another time...

They are linked in the way the share the curse passed onto them by their master, but they are still separate entities. Just because the Lieutenant is dead does not influence them physically. Janos himself said "They have this foolition notion that destroying me will somehow topple our entire bloodline. Thankfully, we´re not that fragile". The blow that the Dumahim sustained was the sudden attack on their home city which got burned down. With their leader assassinated, ranks diminished and territory to ashes, "the few that escaped were forced to become scavengers"(Elder God), wandering the land aimlessly (that´s why there are most common in SR1).

calypso-694
29th Sep 2013, 03:14
a console version would be nice. but anyways heres my question(s) whether they have been answered already idk.

how come the razielim are devolved a bit? and how are they even here? my thoughts were that kain ordered the execution a bit after casting raziel. like did they get mostly executed and exiled and the few that remained stayed to fight the war?

secondly more of a suggestion rather than a question, I suggested it in antoher thread but here we go again.

what abou a cosmetic/upgrade system ? like every few lvls your look changes ad you get a special ability.
for vampires it goes like...

lvl 10 - you get fangs, able to drink blood faster

20- pointy ears, able to hear and ense enemies close by

30- that iconic three claw, two toe look, you can run and climb faster.

etc. and as you lvl up for vampires you grow more devolved, slowly turning into the monsters from SR1

humans you get better armor, maybe even taking on the look of the vampire hunters from SR1 or a new sarafan order.

oh and this is Calypso from other forums... I used that namebut used an email that didn't exist so...stuck with this one for here now lol

Vanyelxp5
29th Sep 2013, 04:08
My question is (I hope) a simple one..

Will one of the story driven missions for the human side be the attack that paralyzed Dumah and scattered his clan?

Itazura25
29th Sep 2013, 06:53
I'm looking forward to it. For sure I will watch and listen to you.

RAZIELisback
29th Sep 2013, 11:16
1 why the vampires are so much human looking
i hope you also add melee humans i mean in lok series humans were most times bows and swords
and will we see raziel and kain in the game plot?

RAZIELisback
29th Sep 2013, 11:18
<3 your youtube videos also you know alot for the game so give some tips at the creators plz so the game gonna me more soul reaver like and not another common mmorpg without creativity cuz i see they are out of it

Vampmaster
29th Sep 2013, 11:42
i hope you also add melee humans i mean in lok series humans were most times bows and swords

That's unlikely. SE have said the main gameplay idea was that one side gets to use ranged attacks and the other gets to use melee.

Cakata
29th Sep 2013, 13:23
I have one really simple question when are the first wave of invites are gonna be?

Baaleos
29th Sep 2013, 13:59
I Get that this is a multiplayer game, but can we have some light shed on the extent of multiplayer we are talking about.
Is the game going to be DOTA style - where we have a small arena to fight, and level up in game,
or is It going to be MMO Style, with hundreds or more players available, are you in a position to describe the general gameworld size?

Kainslegacy
29th Sep 2013, 14:09
Is there any way that we're going to see dark gifts for the vampires? maybe a tree system that lets you unlock different dark gifts so we can stay with the theme " the dark gift manifests differently in each of us." - Marcus Bo2

RainaAudron
29th Sep 2013, 14:25
Is the game going to be DOTA style - where we have a small arena to fight, and level up in game,
or is It going to be MMO Style, with hundreds or more players available, are you in a position to describe the general gameworld size?

It is not MMO but PVP arena style game - max 4 against 4 now. George said the maps support up to 6 players per team.

Itazura25
29th Sep 2013, 14:42
I have a question for you.

Are you going to do in the game and lvl exp system?

Are you going to add to the game skill tree?

Ghostny
29th Sep 2013, 14:54
The biggest gap known in shooters is between melee and range . what is preventing your range characters from creating a choke point on the map , or setting traps all over the map and hiding from their enemies. how are the melee characters gonna close this gap for damage and if they can what kind of escape mechanisms do the humans have to run. Also another question will you do up dates like league of legends with different class zombies and humans as the game grows, will there be an rpg element and how will you balanced experience players from entering matches with new players .

Ghostny
29th Sep 2013, 15:04
Another question for micro transactions will it be like league were u have a equal system were players can work hard and earn everything in game with in game currency and also have the ability to purchase classes with real cash without all the work or is this gonna be a pay 2 win like crime craft, or most other so called f2p shooters that has been released

SeraphofEnigma
29th Sep 2013, 15:16
My goodness, I keep seeing the question asking if this is going to be pay to win. Maybe a sticky needs to be made with that as the title. "Nosgoth is not a pay to win game." At least in its current incarnation. The other repeated questions I can understand, who wants to read all the pages of posts before asking? That and it shows how many others share the same thoughts on game elements.

Wraithblade6
29th Sep 2013, 19:21
... and believe you me, our lore is watertight.

I can't WAIT to hear this. lol

Wraithblade6
29th Sep 2013, 19:28
Seriously, you should make this open-world.
I don't wanna just be limited to team battles. I want to go places, discover things, accidentally run into a bunch of vampires and get ganked. I want to form a party in town and then attack one of the vampire clan's cities. I want to get to know my best player buddies and become infamous with the enemy.
And seriously, fix the Razielim's face. They look like the predator movie with Schwarzenegger.
...And while I'm at it, Turelim have big ears and sound sensitivity.

SinfulGhost
29th Sep 2013, 19:43
Hello there Devs! First of all I'd like to state that this is by far the best concept for a Vampire game I've seen so far, I wish You luck in developing it!

So without further due my questions would be:

- Will the game be Free to Play?

- Will there be a level system in the game?

- Will the characters be customizable?

- Will there be AI games to practice in?

- Will there be different weapon varieties?

- Will there be stealth in some way?

- Will there be different servers for EU, NA, etc.?

- When are You planning on releasing the game?

- Will You hold players vs. devs events?

These would be all my questions for now.

Thanks for considering answering them!

Until the livestream,

Best wishes,
Sinful

JanusDominus
29th Sep 2013, 21:02
- Will the game be Free to Play?Yeah, it will be, it's all over the site.
Could you please share what locations we will revisit in Nosgoth?
Any cameos from the Lieutenants?
Does drinking blood as Vampire restores HP?
Will the Free-to-Play system be similar to Team Fortress 2?
Could you please add me as a beta tester? :)

Reidbynature
29th Sep 2013, 21:46
Could you please add me as a beta tester? :)

You can sign up for the chance if you haven't already. Follow the link. http://www.nosgoth.com/

TedFaster
29th Sep 2013, 23:46
What will the music in Nosgoth be like? I guess I'm not the only one that really likes the music of the LoK-series so how do you plan to meet fan expectation on this front? (Please if at all possible include Ozar Midrashim in the game, that song is made of awesome and Kain.)

Will the stranger weaknesses of Nosgothian (not sure you if that's how that is spelled) vampires, like water burning them, be implemented into the game or do you think that battle hardened hunters with water guns might be too silly?

Will the Elder God show up in some way in the game or dose Nosgoth taking place in the time-line where Kain made calamari out of his slimy face?

P.S. I'm not a native English speaker so if any of my questions are hard to understand please ask me for a clearification and I'll do my best.

TedFaster
30th Sep 2013, 00:04
Will there be any environmental dangers on the maps?
IMHO it wouldn't feel like Nosgoth without death-spikes and killer-pits all over the place.

Will players be able to upgrade the different classes in some way and would the upgrades be temporary or permanent?

Do you plan to integrate Nosgoth into the Steam Workshop?

Anansios
30th Sep 2013, 00:26
I see that you had a hand in Mass Effect 3 which made believers out of many worried gamers and this makes me even more excited!

1. Will there be a progression system, and specifically. will it resemble ME3's? Active and Passive skills?
2. Skins, will characters have customizeable skins? Aliens vs Predators had unlockable static skins.
2a, Gender, will there be female vampire options and female human skins/models?
3. Sunlight, will it have an effect on vampires? In SR1, fledglings could be killed, and elder vampires were weakened. Dumahim died... Patches of sunlight could make excellent tactical/hostile terrain.

I look forward to learning more and have an open mind. I am not too bothered by the Razilem looking more devolved than the rest, being that Raziel was the least humanoid of Kain's lieutenants (he had huge leathery wings...), so it's reasonable that his clan would be the first to devolve.

Anansios
30th Sep 2013, 00:29
Are there plans for more clans and human classes? Sorcerers were present in some games, for example.

Will the stranger weaknesses of Nosgothian (not sure you if that's how that is spelled) vampires, like water burning them, be implemented into the game or do you think that battle hardened hunters with water guns might be too silly?

Hahahah! (also, your English is just fine.)

Hey, a water spell wouldn't be a terrible compromise :)

Swagraven
30th Sep 2013, 01:04
I see that you had a hand in Mass Effect 3 which made believers out of many worried gamers and this makes me even more excited!

I second this. I have some serious trust for the faithfulness to lore in the game because of this.

Graven13
30th Sep 2013, 06:07
Will we have a Hylden vs Ancient Vampires battle version?

Vampmaster
30th Sep 2013, 06:59
I should probably ask what exactly is meant by "be able to participate in the larger war for Nosgoth"? How would you pick a side when your team was selected at the start of each of the the matches we played. Are there certain modes where you're stuck with on character or class?

EDIT: Oh, and what stats change as you level up. I'm hoping the number of ability slots increases and that the duration of certain effects can be increased.

Paradoks_db
30th Sep 2013, 11:56
Since what we have seen is pre-alpha footage I have a question of how much can still change in matter of graphics from artistic point of view. I realise that placing the game in previously uncovered period gives you a certain level of artistic freedom, but what we see on the screenshots and concept-art feels too different from what we've come to expect from a LoK title. I believe that, regardless of the time during which the game takes place, the general style should be kept as evidenced by former titles (excluding some elements of BO2 which was rightfully criticised for those). I don't see that in material presented thus far. Can any of this change at this point?

MeOrCezanne
30th Sep 2013, 13:09
Will there be a native Mac version at launch?
If not, will there be a native Mac version at all?
If not, will you all please kindly provide your home addresses so that I can drink your blood in retribution?

Thanks.

Monkeythumbz
30th Sep 2013, 14:02
Hi all, I'm just collating your questions now - as stated up front, I can't guarantee that all your questions will be answered during the livestream but we'll definitely try to do our best!

Monkeythumbz
30th Sep 2013, 14:47
Hi everyone, we'll be going live with today's Q&A over on our Twitch.tv channel (http://www.twitch.tv/nosgoth)at slightly revised timings - apologies for the minor delay.

The livestream will now be broadcast at the following times:

Monday 30th September

PDT: 11am
EDT: 2pm
BST: 7pm
CEST: 8pm

Looking forward to speaking with you all very soon!

Swagraven
30th Sep 2013, 15:15
I'm pretty excited to hear some of the answers to the questions. I've seen some good ones.

soulrelic616
30th Sep 2013, 15:43
Guys, the Legacyofkain.com website has been dead for quite a while (an it still is), now that the interest in the saga is coming back - are there any plans to get this site back online? I believe this is crucial if we're to get new people interested in the series.

Thanks.

RainaAudron
30th Sep 2013, 16:10
Here is a question from Umah Bloodomen (has some troubles logging in on here):

"Rumor has it that you’re attempting to make Nosgoth accessible to all types of gamers. Being primarily a console gamer, does this mean we can expect gamepad support upon the initial release of the game? If not, how do you defend Nosgoth’s accessibility to those who don’t typically play PC games? Without gamepad support, the title is truly not accessible to everyone."

Chronoid
30th Sep 2013, 17:13
Yes, I have a question. Why did the developers decide to turn what was once a single player series into a F2P multiplayer game that completely botches up everything that makes Legacy of Kain so great?

Enixir
30th Sep 2013, 18:21
Hey there. Wanted to ask few things. When will be playabe version of Nosgoth out for us? What gamemodes there will be? Any super/special characters for top players in server? Can we record closed alpha/beta gameplay to youtube?

EpicGoose
30th Sep 2013, 18:27
What was the reasoning for filling the lore of the stealthy class with the Dumahim? I understand the necessity of the class role and it looks fun, but from a lore-perspective it doesn't seem like something that lines up with the Clan's founder. The Tyrant seems more appropiate for the Dumahim as Dumah was described as a proud and powerful warrior. It would seem more fitting for them to be the shock troops. The role described for the Reaver seems something more suiting for Zephon and his brood.

Ap0ka1yps3
30th Sep 2013, 18:38
There are many fan-games and remakes in development right now like LoK - Prodigal Sons, Blood Omnicide or Soul Revenant and even a very good fan-made continuation of the whole LoK lore called Lost Chronicle.
Now my questions would be:
What do you think about them?
and
Is there any possibility that these would get major support from you guys and will there be a HD-Collection????

RedeemerD
30th Sep 2013, 18:48
Why is Reaver from Dumah clan, when Dumahims were more brute type characters. And they are used as "assassins" here. Why do Tyrants come from Turels clan, when they have no similarities(e.g. ears)? Is there some connection between Hilden and Razielims, because they look alike.

Chulo86
30th Sep 2013, 19:11
will nosgoth have green water?
will nosgoth have earthquakes?
day night cycles?
will nosgoth have devolved vampire skins?

will the razielim have 3 fingers?
will there be arenas based on familiar/cut out from the old games locations?
example: turel's smoke stacks, silenced cathedral, the lost city, the lake of the dead, the undercity?

TedFaster
30th Sep 2013, 19:28
Will you make a new thread for questions for the next Q&A that we should re-post our old questions in or will you keep track of the questions asked in this thread for next time?

Also I have to say that although this first Stream wasn't perfect I do get the feeling like you do care about the world so I hope you'll keep your spirits up and make the best game you can.

The_Reaver
1st Oct 2013, 00:23
Is it worth to keep posting questions here, despite the Live Q&A has already happened
(I know there will be others in the future)

Itazura25
1st Oct 2013, 10:36
The show was pretty good ... even add the video of it on you tube will surely be more views than on a single livestream.

Swagraven
2nd Oct 2013, 09:27
The show was pretty good ... even add the video of it on you tube will surely be more views than on a single livestream.

Apparently the livestream got up to 90000 views on it. (Raina posted this on the livestream reaction thread, I think.) Pretty good for a livestream.

Sin_the_fox
2nd Oct 2013, 17:00
Hail, I just wanted to say that I love the LoK games, I literally grew up with them. (lol) I'm so happy to see that you guys are picking this back up, and I think you are doing great. (from what I have seen and heard) I just have one small question to ask, and I'm not sure if you have covered this (or if you are willing to). I just wanted to know if we'll be seeing any thing along the lines of seeing this on other gaming platforms, in the future? Also, and I know I'm most likely asking a bit much here, but! I am VERY versed in the lore, and the games in general so I'll just be asking this as a what if. I wanted to know if you guys were going to bring in the involvement of the Elder God? It's a silly thing to ask, I know, but that big, eyeballed out the bum, squid is a big part of the lore and other games so I just wanted to know. ^^

blueobelix
2nd Oct 2013, 17:56
Thank you SO much for answering my question, you are the first comunity manager that actually listens and answers [without hiding the question to the world by not even READING it as others do] to the questions of the LoK fans.

Jebotimater
2nd Oct 2013, 21:13
Thanks for answering many of the questions, however here is mine.

Are you going to include a bibliography button on the menu? Perhaps something where parts of the story can be unlocked depending on how well or long you play the game. If not, are you going to put lore related stories on the loading screens?

I can imagine that you do not wish to add cutscenes or other story related things to a game that focusses completely on the gameplay, but many lore related things can be easily explained through out text.

Therealrabban
3rd Oct 2013, 19:34
Thank you for replying to my question as well, now I'm even more curious about the statues.

AexeOnline
3rd Oct 2013, 19:58
Will it be PvP or a Pve Experience and aswell when its PvP whats plant for the matchmaking?

Reidbynature
3rd Oct 2013, 21:07
Will it be PvP or a Pve Experience and aswell when its PvP whats plant for the matchmaking?

That's already been covered. It's PvP arena based matches.

SBMWaugh
4th Oct 2013, 13:32
This takes place before SR1 so the lieutenants that Raziel killed are still alive. And if my memory is correct, BO2 doesn't happen until after the events of SR2 and this game takes place before SR1 so all the Lieutenants are still alive and devolving. Though I don't like that term. Evolution is adaption, not simply becoming better, so they still evolved into their monster forms. I didn't think that their minds in SR1 were devolved and their transformations likely only made them stronger in relation to their more human forms. So yeah, I think we should all stop saying devolved.

GrimWolf94
4th Oct 2013, 14:26
Hey guys. I have a question will Kain appear at some point? And will there be Rahabs and Zephons clan ?
p.s. Will we see more of Janos and Hylden

RainaAudron
4th Oct 2013, 14:30
Hey guys. I have a question will Kain appear at some point? And will there be Rahabs and Zephons clan ? p.s. Will we see more of Janos and Hylden

No Kain since he is gone during that time, no Janos or Hylden either. More clans will be added though.

Hybrid_Gamer
4th Oct 2013, 20:31
Are the characters going to be customizable and have there own story line?

EliteSlayer921
5th Oct 2013, 13:53
Will there be a human melee class to get in peoples faces ???

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 21:46
Will there be a human melee class to get in peoples faces ???

That is not the plans. Humans, up to the moment, has only ranged classes, and projects for humans classes does not involves melee, As far as we know.

xBarackaFlockax
9th Oct 2013, 00:18
I am just wondering to if its going to be a rock paper scissor game like this class beats this class I would like to know if you guys on working on the key word even haha

Kvothe1988
11th Oct 2013, 17:43
ll day today and last couple of days i have solely focused on crafting and the lag/glitch/90000 is getting unbearable! I have 40mg broadband and a recently built PC that is more than capable of this game at full specs even though i only play it on like 3 quarter specs just incase.
When im crafting it just freezes for ages then i get the 90000 error. or i will click a shopkeeper or click to mount chocobo and it just doesn't do anything for ages and then either kick me off or let me complete the action. Delays can be anything from 30 seconds to 3 minutes so as you can appreciate when im mining and what should take 30 seconds to do that whole rock can sometimes take me up to 20 minutes, and so far iv had the 90000 error 16 times today - i really don't think its my PC causing this, but i am unsure how to fix it!

kryptik1993
13th Oct 2013, 21:27
Will there be a leaderboard and rating system :)

Ryderberserke
15th Oct 2013, 00:02
Question will the race be able to evolve as they lvl up or is everyone on equal grounds when it comes to unique powers. Basically im asking will they be leveling in this game or just skill.

Souls-Stream
15th Oct 2013, 00:53
Alright, since I already played Forge and this game seems very similar in the concept, I was wondering if more game mode than Team Deathmatch in those, what looks incredible maps?

What will you buy with money ? Will it be a pay to Win ? Any offline option ? Any customization option other than skill tree, facial on character, color, etc.

And as a die hard fan of LOK series, having done each of them many times, I am somewhat disapointed by so few classes when the universe is so rich. The vampire with wings is a weird choice when you know the story of Raziel.
But the Bat form / Mist Form / Werewolf Form / Human Form should definitely be part of it. Blood Omen 1 had so great powers that disapeared with games.
And introducing the clans, I especially see vampires passing through objects and water vampire (needs to include special maps)

I do not see any mage when mages are the heart of human society in Blood Omen 1, so I'd see mages, necromancers... (see Blood Omen 1 and each mage associated to the pillars. Maybe even a "malek" - like characters, not lore friendly since Malek was the only one but he would definitely be fun to play... He had great AOE powers.
Another one would be "water" based class since water is so deadly for vampire.

Not that any of that will happen but the game needs more lore-friendly LOK characters that will remember us we are in Nosgoth and not just in any vampire game.
Ya, the vampire with wings make me think more of the tzimisce chiropteran marauder of Vampire: Dark Ages rather than LOK Nosgoth

Junanagou
22nd Oct 2013, 01:56
Sorry if it has already been asked but will things like Implode or Flay (my favorite ones) from BO-LoK be available ? And sorry to say that but making Alchemist a female only Class is no good. Why can't we have both men and women for each Class ? Thanks.

Alosho
22nd Oct 2013, 11:30
Why does it say that my account does not have access to the alpa when i've been given a key and actually been playing the game for a total of 109 minutes? Wat.

Shazzuu
23rd Oct 2013, 12:43
I always found it hard understood developers
you do pvp game
and embed multiple character customization options
but hey who will see all these options?
in the heat of battle is not to evaluation of the beauties of character
no one will pay attention to how your character is unique, the enemy has a different task - to kill you all!
no one will come up and view you in detail

You say - and as a player it is very important as it looks like the character.
Yes, I'm interested to go to the game and create a unique character, but then what?
It's a waste of time if I do not have anyone to share my creativity.
I can not stop PvP match and say, "Hey people, stop. Check it out what I have created a beautiful character"

Detailed customization with lots of options is rational only if there is a place where I can show off, where I can appreciate, such as a city or Floor area

Monkeythumbz
15th Nov 2013, 14:24
I always found it hard understood developers
you do pvp game
and embed multiple character customization options
but hey who will see all these options?
in the heat of battle is not to evaluation of the beauties of character
no one will pay attention to how your character is unique, the enemy has a different task - to kill you all!
no one will come up and view you in detail

You say - and as a player it is very important as it looks like the character.
Yes, I'm interested to go to the game and create a unique character, but then what?
It's a waste of time if I do not have anyone to share my creativity.
I can not stop PvP match and say, "Hey people, stop. Check it out what I have created a beautiful character"

Detailed customization with lots of options is rational only if there is a place where I can show off, where I can appreciate, such as a city or Floor area

We agree that it is always nice to have somewhere to show off your looks, however we've a long back-log of stuff we want to get into the game (ranging from new abilities and weapons to classes and maps), so this feature would very much be at the back of the queue I'm afraid.

dazz13x
15th Nov 2013, 22:52
IN any pvp the character customization is very important and its important to know what any one can do at any possible time.
this was in response to the previous post and i think that people will see the beauty of a customized character while you kill them in awesome ways.

But i have a serious question. I've been trying to get into the early access and wanted to send them my dxdiag file(fyi i didn't read the other posts in this thread so if it was already answered im sorry but i would still like a reply) but on windows 8 I don't have a start button and cant search files that way. I found an application or i think its an application that is dxdiag. But my computer wont run it says it has to search a windows 8 app. I HATE WINDOWS 8. I can get the specs in a different way but idk if they would except that as a valid submition of my comps specs. Some help on the issue would be much appriciated.

Lomonop
16th Nov 2013, 11:51
but on windows 8 I don't have a start button and cant search files that way. I found an application or i think its an application that is dxdiag. But my computer wont run it says it has to search a windows 8 app.
I think this link explains how to do it: http://disneyinteractivestudios.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3919

loli_midal
19th Nov 2013, 14:03
Well my first question was going to be on character customization, however doing a quick search and an obvious derp answer from the thread i already see there will be plenty of customization options. SO
That leads me into my other question. Will the alchemist be the only female character in the game? Because I noticed there are NO female vampires (shown as of yet at least), which makes me quite sad.

Monkeythumbz
20th Nov 2013, 14:37
Well my first question was going to be on character customization, however doing a quick search and an obvious derp answer from the thread i already see there will be plenty of customization options. SO
That leads me into my other question. Will the alchemist be the only female character in the game? Because I noticed there are NO female vampires (shown as of yet at least), which makes me quite sad.

No, she won't be - we do have plans for other female characters.

Khalith
20th Nov 2013, 15:40
I went to youtube to check out the livestream of questions you guys did, I must say I am legitimately impressed with your grasp on the lore right off the top of your head. It's reassuring. :)

There is a lot of lore, the LoK series is hard to just jump right in to.

Monkeythumbz
20th Nov 2013, 15:49
I went to youtube to check out the livestream of questions you guys did, I must say I am legitimately impressed with your grasp on the lore right off the top of your head. It's reassuring. :)

There is a lot of lore, the LoK series is hard to just jump right in to.

Agreed! I loved all of the Soul Reaver games, played SR1, SR2 and Defiance a couple of times each back in the day :)

Khalith
20th Nov 2013, 21:03
Agreed! I loved all of the Soul Reaver games, played SR1, SR2 and Defiance a couple of times each back in the day :)

It definitely shows! I've been playing since soul reaver, it got me interested in the series as a whole and I really love the story and the setting, dark with no real heroes or villains, everyone has an agenda with interesting well written characters. The narrative I consider to be one of the best of all the story based games I've ever played, when I learned SE got their hands on legacy of kain I feared they were going to disregard a lot of the lore to do what they wanted with it. But the knowledge and respect you guys are showing really makes me happy.

Also from the livestream I'm glad you guys mentioned a possible sequel to Defiance, now obviously that is not a promise to make one by any stretch, but I am reassured somewhat that it's not out of the question for good. Maybe this game could rekindle interest in the series as a whole, I know when I play a new game I try to learn as much about the story as I possibly can. In my opinion though, anyone that plays this game without looking in to any of the lore or backstory is really doing themselves a disservice.

lordbane2110
21st Nov 2013, 10:46
Orginally Posted by Khalith "anyone that plays this game without looking in to any of the lore or backstory is really doing themselves a disservice".

Well said

Although playing this game might lead people into wanting to learn more about the lore of the series, so it could work both ways.

Vampmaster
21st Nov 2013, 12:10
If each class of humans has a number of variations on their own type of weapon, does that mean the vampire's primary attacks can be swapped out for other ones as well?

Monkeythumbz
21st Nov 2013, 13:25
If each class of humans has a number of variations on their own type of weapon, does that mean the vampire's primary attacks can be swapped out for other ones as well?

Yes, although it depends on what you mean by primary attack. For Vampires the left mouse-button will always be a melee attack, as in Humans it's always shoot. All other abilities can be swapped around, though.

Vampmaster
21st Nov 2013, 13:53
I didn't mean swapping melee for ranged. I meant like swapping one melee attack for a different melee attack or something. Maybe the Dumahim be the exception to the no weapons for vampires rule could use a melee weapon if the player chose to equip one.