PDA

View Full Version : 10 hours of gameplay hmm i dont think so

Scott =]!
18th Jun 2006, 20:20
when i bought this game quiet a few websites said that CD and Edios said that there was about 8-10 hours of gameplay (not including secrets) but i have completed the game got all the secrets and mucked about on my best save so i have no idea how long it acculy took so i started a new save and completed the game (on hard mode) in 4hours 31minutes and 27seconds almost half the time that CD and eidos said!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Treeble
18th Jun 2006, 20:35
The first time I played through it took me 6:50 to finish, then I went to do time trials and unlock everything and that time got pushed to 18 hours.

A recent run through (Hard Mode), I got 100% (incl Time Trials and all rewards) in a little less than 12 hours.

I think it's still very valid, especially when I've done 100% runs on those XTHC modes in less than 10 hours for both TR1 and TR2 games. I haven't even started TR3 and don't intend to, neverending backtracks are not my idea of fun.

susan
18th Jun 2006, 20:57
when i bought this game quiet a few websites said that CD and Edios said that there was about 8-10 hours of gameplay (not including secrets) but i have completed the game got all the secrets and mucked about on my best save so i have no idea how long it acculy took so i started a new save and completed the game (on hard mode) in 4hours 31minutes and 27seconds almost half the time that CD and eidos said!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:Crikey! That is short. I think it took me about 12 hours first time through (difficult mode). I don't know the exact time because it added more time going through again for secrets and things.

But yes, I expect if I went through now, knowing everything already, I'd be able to do it quite quickly. But I can do the other TRs quicker too now that I know them well also. Although I do think Legend is the shortest. :)

kksmith
18th Jun 2006, 21:35
I took my time the first time though - I'd have to look at what my final time was but it was probably around 12 hours or so.

I think a lot of the replay value comes in getting the rewards and doing the time trials tho (great addition btw, I loved them)

dufflover
19th Jun 2006, 01:45
so i started a new save and completed the game (on hard mode) in 4hours 31minutes and 27seconds almost half the time that CD and eidos said!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

So you're a fast gamer, good for you :thumbsup: :whistle:

Edit: I don't deny it's too short but if you have a read around 8 hours is a pretty accurate guesstimate/average.

357mag
19th Jun 2006, 04:09
Then I guess when it comes to video games I really get my money's worth every time. It takes me at least 4 weeks to play through a game.

star girl
19th Jun 2006, 10:44
Took me 11.5 hours first time, I guess, with a few time trials and secrets. The second time, I did everything within 12 hours, and 100% completion. :)

Lunideth
22nd Jun 2006, 15:44
When u play this game second time u can complete it under 5 hours esily even on hard mode (especially if u played earlier raiders).
In reality Legend is quite short game. Only 8 lvls and they are too quite short.....

And when i played on hard i didnt notice that game was harder because almost only what kills lara are grenades which are easily avoided...

Plus (at least me) if u complete it once u will remember where all secrets are located (ok maybe u forget 1-2 silver).

And last when u play second time u have trained quite lot playing raider (when u played first time).

So at least im not seeing anything strange or impossible in playing game under 5 hours...

Treeble
22nd Jun 2006, 15:57
Actually, on Hard mode the baddies inflict more damage, have a better accuracy and will kill Lara quickly if you don't react fast enough. Someone kept bragging Lara could stand still for five minutes in the middle of gunfire without dying, well, guess calling yourself a "real" Tomb Raider yet playing it on easy just to brag about that is not valid.

Hard mode also affects the number of pickups. You'll find less ammo and much less medipacks than on easy mode. It doesn't become "hard" per se, but it definitely requires a lot more thought and planning throughout the game. I guess that playing on easy you can finish without using many medipacks, while on Hard you'll make sure you pick them up everytime one is dropped. ;)

Mangar The Dark
22nd Jun 2006, 18:54
See, sometimes it's good to suck at things.... I haven't played Legend yet, so I don't know how long it will take me, but I remember people talking about Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb and complaining because they completed it in a weekend, but it took me several weeks. Then there was The Longest Journey, which took me over a month, but my friend complained it was too easy because she completed it in three days. I always take longer than anyone else, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. (of course, I don't play that often-- maybe an hour a day, and certainly not every day of the week. So a 10 hour game could easily take me two weeks.)

Lunideth
22nd Jun 2006, 19:45
Yes u are right but gameplay varies. It depends on how much you have played.
I have played all raiders (1-7) and much more games (about 15 years of playing).

If i say that i didnt see much difference in hard and normal then i have tried both and i REALLY dont see much difference.

And raiders 6 and 7 are in reality quite easy games. I mean for people who have played a lot (I dont mean raiders i mean games).

And if i say i can complete it under 5 hours in hard then i can.

Treeble
23rd Jun 2006, 00:38
Nobody said you couldn't.

Whenever we get to see Legend speedruns, I'm sure it will be done in less than 1:30 hour. TR1-3 are currently available at speeddemosarchive with impressive times (TR3 for instance, Core fanboy's favorite for it's longevity, done in less than 3 hours and the guy said he could improve it to little over to 2 hours!)

Lara Croft Wanna Be
23rd Jun 2006, 01:05
I raced through levels not killing anything unless it had to be killed I BEAT LEGEND IN ............... 2hrs 53mins 37 secs, i love legend so much i bet i have played through the entiregame 50 times :)

dufflover
23rd Jun 2006, 03:49
See, sometimes it's good to suck at things....

Yup :)

JunoJIm
28th Jun 2006, 02:41
Yea - I don't get it - what's the purpose off buying a game, and racing thru it ???

That's like buying a fine bottle of wine, and chugging it, although I have done that...

Or having a date with a beautiful gurl, and not even having dinner - done that too - LOL

Scott =]!
3rd Jul 2006, 19:45
i didnt race through it the first time i just raced through the 2nd to see how fast i could do it but i herd some1 did in 2 hours !!!!

i have like 40 hours of gameplay in the 2nd 1