PDA

View Full Version : What's going to look best upgraded?

susan
18th Jun 2006, 18:34
Which bits of TR1 (moments/levels/architecture/creatures...) are you most looking forward to seeing upgraded in TR1? :D

Treeble
18th Jun 2006, 18:43
The whole thing! I think The Lost Valley might turn out to be a killer and the Egyptian levels might look great. Not sure how Atlantis will be though, hopefully it'll still have that freaky, scary 'alive' feel! :cool:

susan
18th Jun 2006, 18:53
Hehehe, I agree Treeble, the whole thing!! But there's got to be some extra special bit you just can't wait to see how its turned out. Is that the Lost Valley for you? :D

Treeble
18th Jun 2006, 18:56
My personal favorite on TR1 is The Tomb Of Qualopec, but I don't think there's anything that special for it. I also have a great appeal for the three Egyptian levels! :)

burt_ie
18th Jun 2006, 19:59
:scratch: Hmmm

So hard to pinpoint any one thing, there were so many great moments!
I just hope they keep it all in the remake and dont slim it down and make it smaller, easy and as linier as Legend! That will be a great disapointment!

I for one would rather slightly less detailed levels in favour of bigger enviroments to explore.

officerpuppy
18th Jun 2006, 23:40
The last levels of the game would look freaky with todays advances in grahpics. Like I remember walking in tunnels of what looked like moving muscles and stuff, even the blocks were tissueish and stuff, maybe it will give people nightmares seeing some flying muscle looking thing :rasp:

But would the game feel different if it had a new soundtrack to it?:scratch:

Johnny
19th Jun 2006, 02:59
Which bits of TR1 (moments/levels/architecture/creatures...) are you most looking forward to seeing upgraded in TR1? :D

Looking forward to the whole package... :cool:

Sophia Leigh
19th Jun 2006, 03:51
Looking forward to the whole package... :cool:
Oh me too! Especially King Midas' hand :D

susan
19th Jun 2006, 04:55
Oh me too! Especially King Midas' hand :DLol, is this a join the queue to try out Lara on that hand?!!

I can't wait to see the whole thing but I really really want to see:

The Cistern
T rex
The centaur's
Pierre, Larson and ... Ms. Jacqueline Natla!!... :D
St Francis's Folly
Colosseum and all the lions (I was terrified of them the first time I played. I mean I would NOT go down that slope where they were in cages!!)
Medipacks ;)
Tombs of Qualopec and Tihocan (sp?)

Er, OK, everything... :D I'm so excited!

I really hope they think of expanding the game in some way for us who've played it already. Like maybe taking the old TR1 cutscenes and making them into proper levels... (i) Lara and her guide climbing the snowy peaks, (ii) Lara getting into Natla's Office, and so on, for example. :cool:

susan
19th Jun 2006, 05:00
My personal favorite on TR1 is The Tomb Of Qualopec, but I don't think there's anything that special for it.:)Ooh I don't know Treeble, I'm wondering how they'll deck out that sumptuous gold/red palace environment and incorporate the bird/king/circle(?) motif into the design/puzzles this time? I have a good feeling this remake is not going to be an exact copy. :)

dufflover
19th Jun 2006, 05:37
No one looking forward to a bigger mansion (or at least an outdoors) :D ?
I haven't played TR1 but I'm just thinking TR2.

Also from what I've seen in TR2 just modern graphics and looser gameplay (non-grid) in general.

digifan
19th Jun 2006, 16:00
There's one level I am looking forward to in the remake - The dinos from Lost Valley. Wouldn't it be nice to see these monsters enhanced to Jurassic Park quality? Can you picture Lara blowing the T-Rex away with a twelve gauge shot gun? :eek:

Another level I am looking forward to is seeing all the animals Lara must kill in order to proceed ahead. I don't really care much about the human opponents since they are quite predicable. In the TR world, the animals rules. Now that's the way to go. :thumbsup: Also I would love to see and hear Lara's heavy British accent again. There's something about a British lass that seems to attract my attention. Take notes, ladies. I may pay you a visit.

EDIT - Now that I had think about it, wouldn't it be better if we have an adaptive game play mode integrated into this game such as the ones found in Kameo where the player get a chance to see hints but only after several failed attempts? I hope Eidos will thake this into consideration. It may even enhance Lara's abilities - more accurate targetting, better jumps, improve grips, more aggressive opponents; etc.

Bring ém on! :D

Johnny
19th Jun 2006, 16:41
No one looking forward to a bigger mansion (or at least an outdoors) :D ?
I haven't played TR1 but I'm just thinking TR2.

Unfortunately, you can't access the outdoors of Lara's mansion in TR1. :(

uzigirl
19th Jun 2006, 17:22
Scenery aside I would say that the animals/creatures will be the best upgrade, can't wait to see. :D

burt_ie
19th Jun 2006, 19:20
I hope they remake Laras mansion, but not the like the movie one in legend, the old style home with lush graphics and a nice garden to explore again.
I really hope Eidos keep all that was special about TR1 and make it look as good as Legend!

Oh and I hope they bring back flares! I quite liked the ones in legend, it was just such a shame that you only got to use them for such a short period :(

kksmith
19th Jun 2006, 19:59
I hope they remake Laras mansion, but not the like the movie one in legend, the old style home with lush graphics and a nice garden to explore again.
I really hope Eidos keep all that was special about TR1 and make it look as good as Legend!

Oh and I hope they bring back flares! I quite liked the ones in legend, it was just such a shame that you only got to use them for such a short period :(

I think it'd be ok if it looked like the Legend mansion (for consistancy) but they need to get rid of stuff like Zip's little tech room since Zip wasn't around back then. You know, "un-upgrade" it so to speak :) But the basic layout could be the same, as long as they add more to it (outdoors for one, and they should put something behind those "non-opening" doors in Legend's mansion).

And yeah, I loved the flares too. This game should definately have flares :)

midroth
19th Jun 2006, 22:24
I found one! I found one!
In the TR1 Lara didn't had a braid, GIVE HER THIS BRAID!!
But rest, better don't touch. The last I need is this new apengine.

kksmith
19th Jun 2006, 22:28
I found one! I found one!
In the TR1 Lara didn't had a braid, GIVE HER THIS BRAID!!
But rest, better don't touch. The last I need is this new apengine.

Yeah she should have the braid. And in fact it shouldn't be identical to the Lara model from Legend (though still similar in appearance - just slightly younger).

dufflover
20th Jun 2006, 01:21
Young Lara was already pretty young looking in Legend. Lol, people don't change that much.
You know it's bad when you start talking about women and their age/looks **** *run!*

Commando
20th Jun 2006, 19:44
Yes I agree that everything should be enhanced, especially the game's graphics, enemy and character models, cutscenes should look fantastic even when the same, guns should have dolby digital surround sound so that you'll be able to experience the gun firing even better, realistic damage to enemies, blood looks more realistic(but not for it to turn out as a mature game), unlockables should be the same as well as feature things that are new, and even have the ability to save anywhere at any time (even though the crystals idea was kind of cool, but PC version of the first game had the ability to save anywhere and it made it feel less frustrating for the player).

For things that are new, you are able to drive vehicles through the levels (wherever you go and whenever you activate the cheat for it). There should even be the new lara croft unlockable in every single tomb raider game (at the end of the game) and old Lara Croft unlockable at the end of Lara Croft TR: Legends. Plus even new outfits and artwork should be unlockable too. Different difficulties should be displayed and you can unlock more items and things depending on which difficulty you beat the game on.

I think that with all of this, the Tomb Raider 10th Year: Anniversary Edition will turn out splendid and it will be enjoyable to anyone who gets their hands on this. I'm really excited for the game and I hope that we see everything improved as well as some new features as well.

StarChampagne
23rd Jun 2006, 17:06
I hope that we do get an outdoors to the mansion in TR1! That's where an upgrade, and not an exact replica of the old game would be nice.

And let's just hope they have the old soundtrack. Updated, but still. The old TR music was incredible.

Mangar The Dark
23rd Jun 2006, 18:53
Yeah, an outdoor portion of the mansion would be nice. But I don't want any of the levels to be outdoors! I actually liked that dark, claustrophobic feel of TR1, and I felt it was lacking in the sequels when they added outdoor levels. So please don't suddenly make The Lost Valley an outdoor level!!! (actually, I sometimes wondered if that level was supposed to be outdoors, but maybe the designers just didn't have the tools to make it LOOK outdoors.)

Treeble
24th Jun 2006, 01:46
Actually, I think the Lost Valley IS outdoors, but TR1 didn't render sky graphics. I think it's going to look much better with the sun setting on the horizon, assuming they set the time of that on early evening (taking in mind she started her adventures in Peru shortly after lunch. :D

aussie500
24th Jun 2006, 07:37
l am not sure what will be in the anniversary edition, but pretty sure no matter what they do we will end up with Atlantis, l am looking forward to seeing that the most anyway. And l would be happy with young Lara from Legend as the model used

Mangar The Dark
24th Jun 2006, 13:20
Actually, I think the Lost Valley IS outdoors, but TR1 didn't render sky graphics. I think it's going to look much better with the sun setting on the horizon, assuming they set the time of that on early evening (taking in mind she started her adventures in Peru shortly after lunch. :D

Hmmm... well, I guess it might be interesting to see how it looks as an outdoor level. When I first played it, I assumed it was underground, but when I played again a few years later, it occurred to me that it COULD be outdoors. I think I still prefer it as an underground area, though (it seems more mysterious that way.) Of course, it's odd for a valley to be indoors, and I don't think palm trees normally grow too well in caves. So, yeah, probably it WAS meant to be outdoors. I just hope they keep the dark, mysterious feel of it intact.

Treeble
24th Jun 2006, 15:38
Yup, and maybe with recent technologies they can add some mysty fog there. I think it would render a much more mysterious atmosphere. :cool:

winston
25th Jun 2006, 20:40
The Egypt level, absolutely :D also the Colosseum, make it look more realistic:thumbsup:

susan
26th Jun 2006, 08:41
Another thing I'll be interested in seeing is that enormous monster-thing that moves on its arms, in Atlantis. That was such a weird creature.

Also, can't wait to make my way through Atlantis triggering all those pulsating green pods. I found them so scary, especially when the red tube things started moving and you knew they were "activated". Hehehe. :eek: :D

dog
26th Jun 2006, 20:00
Level:
The lower/raise water level puzzel for the Aquaduct mazes.

Moments:
In Natala's mine (Peru locked doors, passage behind waterfall, long jump/grab on second level)

Textures:
Lara jumping moterbike to barge running into farm animals, wakes up to voices on deck.

Grabbing chain on tower at Natala Corp., raises herself with weight on other end.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pool Cheat in mansion:
Swim in the direction of the gong and rise up to surface.
Get out and immediately hop back with grab.
You should be lined up exactly with the pool's edge.

Get up and run or walk into the gong before Lara's voice finishes.
"Right. Now I better get out of these wet clothes."
The mansion continues (there should be an extra FMV after the cheat in re-release).
Turn slightly and side step through the gong.

In the 10th Anniversary Edition, I hope there will be some puzzels (keys upstairs to open hidden doors, crates under stareway pushable/pullable, locked treasure chest can be unlocked and opened with bonus key, etc.) after this cheat (open treasure chest with secret inside).

Rooms:
Music Room
Library/Study
Unknown (locked)
Kitchen
Living Room
Ballroom/Obstacle Course
Lara's Bedroom
Master Bedroom
Pool Room

kksmith
26th Jun 2006, 20:31
I personally hope they just do an entirely new mansion. Something that resembles Legend's but "aged" so it fits with the game's point in the timeline more, and of course, with more rooms, outside, etc.

Robert4lara11
14th Jul 2006, 19:35
Well when they made legend it wos obvoius that cd hadnever even been 3metres from a bliming tomb raider game in thier life not one part of it fel like tomb raider...

Treeble
2nd Oct 2006, 02:01
Yup, and maybe with recent technologies they can add some mysty fog there. I think it would render a much more mysterious atmosphere. :cool:

Today a TR1 "remake" has been released for the Tomb Raider Level Editor and the builder has made it quite more mysterious like I thought the Lost Valley should look like, except it's very bluish - I'd have gone for an evening look, with some sort of purple skies and fog. It looks great, nevertheless. :thumbsup:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8007/tr1lostvalleywithfoggv5.th.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tr1lostvalleywithfoggv5.jpg)

Verios
4th Oct 2006, 17:42
Hmm what's going to look the best upgraded to me...probally that waterfall in The Lost Valley...oh how sweet it shale be to dive off it again in glorious Legends style graphics.

Disciple
6th Oct 2006, 08:16
For me it would have to be St Francis's Folly. I am just replaying the game right now and even though the level did not make me go WOW! like it did the first time i played it, it still amazes me. By the way i suffer with vertigo.