PDA

View Full Version : So is the 10th Anniversary Edition coming ?

Lara Croft Wanna Be
17th Jun 2006, 19:40
Its it coming out now or is it canceled ?

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines2756.html

If its coming is it still a remake and coming in November ?

Lara Croft Wanna Be
17th Jun 2006, 19:43
Tomb Raider: Ten Years In Pictures

[ Jun 16 ]

Celebrate 10 years in the making with our exclusive HQ visual journey starring Lara.

Anniversary Tomb Raider now game

[ Jun 16 ]

Eidos has confirmed Crystal Dynamics will produce Tomb Raider 10 Anniversary game.

Core Design sold to Rebellion Studios

[ Jun 15 ]

Rebellion announces an acquisition of Core Design from owners Eidos earlier today.

Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary culled

[ Jun 15 ]

Eidos has cancelled a special Tomb Raider 10 Anniversary game planned for PSP.

Next Gen Legend demo now online

[ Jun 14 ]

Eidos has dispatched a next generation demo featuring Lara Croft in Tomb Raider Legend.

Rivendell
17th Jun 2006, 20:42
All we know is what's stated in your first link - as it stands the TR:AE is on it's way probably for Nov this year.

357mag
17th Jun 2006, 22:01
Why isn't it coming out for the 360? No fair man.

Treeble
18th Jun 2006, 00:32
@LC Wannabe - the Core Design remake has been cancelled. Eidos has later on announced the anniversary edition being developed by Crystal Dynamics.

And 357 - I'm right with you there. Me and my GameCube are completely against the unfairness of it all. :rolleyes:

Lara Croft Wanna Be
18th Jun 2006, 04:00
as much as i love CD... Core was 80% finished lol they are starting from 0, but the Lara in the leaked trailer was ugly lol, and legends engine rocks so im ok with that....

Is it still a re-make ?

and i agree with you all it's not fair.. im getting a 360 for birthday... and trl, who cares if i have it on Ps2...

digifan
18th Jun 2006, 19:11
@LC Wannabe - the Core Design remake has been cancelled. Eidos has later on announced the anniversary edition being developed by Crystal Dynamics.

And 357 - I'm right with you there. Me and my GameCube are completely against the unfairness of it all. :rolleyes:

FYI - Tomb Raider Legend is coming to the GC in the fall. Click here (http://cube.gamespy.com/gamecube/tomb-raider-legend/704326p1.html) for details. What I really like to see is a collector's set with all the games of the Tomb Raider series for the PS2, or better yet, the PS3, enhanced by the team at Crystal Dynamics. Maybe they will even include the neglected GBA game, Tomb Raider the Prophecy. Maybe next year?

Treeble
18th Jun 2006, 19:56
I'm well aware that Legend is coming on the GameCube - heck, it was announced on March 31st, most of us thought it was just an April Fools joke!

But the fact is, the Anniversary Edition has not been announced for any other platform other than PC and Sony. THAT's where the unfairness lives. ;)

dufflover
19th Jun 2006, 01:42
I hope that not making it for X360 (or anything else not mentioned) is a good sign that they have something else in the works :D and don't want to spend too much time on this.

Commando
20th Jun 2006, 19:34
Well at least everyone who owns a current-gen system will be happy enough to get their hands on the game. It's too bad that they aren't going to make a 360 version again, but I don't see why they even decided to do that in the first place when Sony probably is the company that Tomb Raider is working to always stick with. I wish and hope that they even release Tomb Raider Legends with exclusive content and updated graphics in the Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition so that everyone will get the content that was of the 360 version and Tomb Raider can continue to make the Playstation consoles even better. It will also make the other consoles better too, but I think that the playstation consoles are mostly fit for the Tomb Raider games and that TR will do it's best with Sony.

digifan
25th Jun 2006, 19:58
I have to agree the PS2 platform is well suited to the Tomb Raider games. Maybe Eidos will allow CD to develop the 10th anniversary game for the PS3? Now that would worth buying the next gen (and the most expensive) game console, no?

The_Elite_One_13
9th Jul 2006, 22:03
whats supposed to be in the TR:anniversary edition? Is it going to be a emake or a game? or like a compilation kinda thing?

Treeble
9th Jul 2006, 22:57
Noone knows. It was supposed to be a remake, but that version was cancelled. Eidos hasn't delivered official word since then.

Robert4lara11
14th Jul 2006, 19:40
In my fav playstation mag Official Playstation 2 Magazine isuue 75 wich came out the 14/7/06 it confirms tomb raider 10th anniversary and it will be a remake not a collection of different levels or anything like that i will update next month and on gamespot.com confirms it to but no date or anything or anything YET

Robert4lara11
14th Jul 2006, 19:41
Also definatly for psp and ps2

digifan
13th Aug 2006, 21:02
I just don't get it. Why the secrecy? The annivesary of Tomb Riader is less than three months away and counting. Surely we should have at least some news of the game by now.

Will this game be given the same treatment as Prophecy when it came out in late 2004? Before you say "What's that? :confused: " please let me clarify. In late 2004 there was a Tomb Raider game entitled Tomb Raider the Prophecy released by Core Design for the GBA. I picked this game up in 2005, played and enjoyed it. This game had used the same style of gameplay as TR1 through III with a touch of AoD toss in. It was a short game but quite enjoyable.

AAR I won't be a bit surprise if no one else heard about it since I believe it had experienced limited media exposure ever since the disappointment performance of AoD. Will the 10th anniversary game have a similar result?

I guess we just have to wait and see.

Treeble
13th Aug 2006, 22:53
None of the first three Gameboy Tomb Raider games had much exposure, I don't think it's because of AOD's performance. But I agree - The Prophecy was a very fun game, I didn't think it was short though. Then again, it has been a while since I've played it and I'm not sure on other action/adventure portable games length. :)

aussie500
13th Aug 2006, 23:33
l think most of the work is being done on Tomb Raider 8, this project is for current gen only, so does not get as much attention as the next gen games. l am sure we will see something about it about a month before its release, when they start shipping it and can no longer keep a lid on its content

Alexlovesguns
14th Aug 2006, 17:09
I think that the playstation consoles are mostly fit for the Tomb Raider games and that TR will do it's best with Sony.

Eidos should drop Sony and go with Microsoft... xbox, PC and xbox 360, three superior platforms capable of handling decent to amazing games and where multiplatform actually makes sense.
The PS2 isnt "current gen", its pre historic generation and its limitations show.. Crystal would have alot more resources to work with and make a much better game if the game was made for the 3 microsoft platforms.

Has for the 10 year anniversary edition coming... im starting to doubt it, i believe the reason why the game isnt coming out on all platforms is due to very limited development time already. Eidos might be starting to push it... again, and the result we have all seen before, i definetly wouldnt like another rushed TR game.
Eidos is being cautious about advertising the 10th anniversary game for a reason :whistle: .

digifan
15th Aug 2006, 15:55
^ Frankly I have to disagree.

Sony's PS2 maybe becoming outdated but it's still an excellent gaming platform. My only concern is why didn't Sony take advantage of the existing hard drive? They had made and programmed a 80 GB HDD specifly for the Final Fantasy games. It would be nice, IMO if they free up resources to allow the rest of their game library access to the hard drive. It may even solve the long load time problems.

As for the 10th anniversary edition of Tomb Raider, I think CD should format it to fit the PS3 - The most powerful, and the most expensive, next gen game platform available.

Maybe for TR's twenty fifth anniversary?

Mangar The Dark
15th Aug 2006, 19:30
[QUOTE=digifan
Maybe for TR's twenty fifth anniversary?[/QUOTE]

If I'm still hanging out on a TR forum by the time the game reaches its 25th Anniversary, please just shoot me.

Treeble
16th Aug 2006, 00:06
If I'm still hanging out on a TR forum by the time the game reaches its 25th Anniversary, please just shoot me.

Ok, I'll remember this. For you, really. :)

Alexlovesguns
16th Aug 2006, 01:40
^ Frankly I have to disagree.

Sony's PS2 maybe becoming outdated but it's still an excellent gaming platform. My only concern is why didn't Sony take advantage of the existing hard drive? They had made and programmed a 80 GB HDD specifly for the Final Fantasy games. It would be nice, IMO if they free up resources to allow the rest of their game library access to the hard drive. It may even solve the long load time problems.

As for the 10th anniversary edition of Tomb Raider, I think CD should format it to fit the PS3 - The most powerful, and the most expensive, next gen game platform available.

Maybe for TR's twenty fifth anniversary?

Its not becoming outdated... its what one might call a primitive instrument already, excellent is far from a acurate description, there are many current games not available for it for this reason.
I fear for the 10th anniversary game because of this, its coming for PS2 and PC only and i dont want a PC version dumbed down because of the PS2's capabilities. Slapping sharper textures on the PC version doesnt cut it anymore... i wouldnt be concerned if it was being made for the PC and the xbox ;) .

shurik
3rd Sep 2006, 04:54
So it's suppose to come out this november, and now it's September 2nd and still no good information what the game will be???

So I'm guessing the release date might be pushed back or what? :scratch: What's the update?

At this time I would suppose that the game is finished, and getting ready for the market since it was announced that it would come in November!?

Treeble
3rd Sep 2006, 13:18
We have been told it's only coming beginning of the next year, and supposedly in the end of this month we'll get the first information regarding the game.

shurik
4th Sep 2006, 04:18
So it's not the November release then? Probably closer to January? Are they still making the game or what, what do you guys think? :scratch:

aussie500
4th Sep 2006, 10:27
Of course they are making the game, we were already told that. Possibly they needed an extension to fit in everything they wanted to do, and since Eidos is doing so well with Legend they are not pressuring CD to finish it by the planned release date for the old Core game. Since it seems the release is for early next year now, perhaps they are planning to release it on Lara's birthday February 14th

shurik
4th Sep 2006, 18:47
Of course they are making the game, we were already told that. Possibly they needed an extension to fit in everything they wanted to do, and since Eidos is doing so well with Legend they are not pressuring CD to finish it by the planned release date for the old Core game. Since it seems the release is for early next year now, perhaps they are planning to release it on Lara's birthday February 14th
Ohhh sorry, let me reword my self. I realy meant to ask if they were still working on the game or not, is the game already completed and ready for market? Perhaps not, since we still have a couple months to go.
Well we're suppose to see and hear first info this Sept. 28th. :)

digifan
4th Sep 2006, 19:14
As we approach the November deadline, it's logical to assume this game won't be ready or release in time for the anniversary date. Maybe we should just settle for the constilation prize - A new TR game in 2007? :o

aussie500
5th Sep 2006, 02:42
November is no longer the deadline, we were told it would be ready in early 2007, they might still do something in November to celebrate the anniversary though, just not release the game then

Chris Daly
8th Sep 2006, 01:35
PS3 releases worldwide in November , It is highly likely Eidos will
make hay while the sun shines with original partners Sony and sell
TR AE on PS3 . Sonys investment in PS3 is just too enormous
to flat ignore providing such a well known title as Tomb Raider.
and what better way than a remake of TR1:thumbsup:

Its an interesting time in the games market , Sony on one hand
is wanting new sales of PS3 yet doesn't want to lose PS2 users
so Eidos releasing a PS2 PC version is as they have said is on the
cards. :whistle: PS3 is backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2
software , an interesting comparison might be the PS2 version
vs PS3 version played on a PS3?? , sort of suggests to me
that it will be a PS3 , PSP release only.

I think encouraging PS3 should be their aim , then again its
not my cheque book . Personally little in PS3 intended releases
interests me at the moment - maybe Heavy Rain 2008 Quantic Dream
If TRAE was on PS3 I can see myself getting the game and the console

November is Xmas market time - it all adds up.

As for Xbox 360 ( is Xbox 360 backwards compatible??:scratch: ), this
remains to be seen , its a corporate jungle with more challenges
than Jungle on TR3 out there-:eek: and its feeding time!!:cool:

digifan
5th Oct 2006, 17:19
I had just come acroos this article (http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/article/499.html) regarding Tomb Raider. SCE, together with Eidos had announced they will be developing a new Tomb Raider game by Crystal Dynamics starring Lara Croft for the PS3 sometime in 2008. I guess this mean we won't be seeing a new Tomb Raider game next year or a remake for the ten year anniversary date afterall.

:eek: Bugger.

enoch
5th Oct 2006, 17:41
Only what we already knew from their report a couple of days ago. They will, however, release the AE before 1 July 2007. They confirmed that in the reports link published on this site

shirl123
5th Oct 2006, 17:48
I had just come acroos this article (http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/article/499.html) regarding Tomb Raider. SCE, together with Eidos had announced they will be developing a new Tomb Raider game by Crystal Dynamics starring Lara Croft for the PS3 sometime in 2008. I guess this mean we won't be seeing a new Tomb Raider game next year or a remake for the ten year anniversary date afterall.

uhhh...TR 8 IS supposed to be released sometime in 2008. and AE in early 2007.

I just wonder how long they've been working on AE, and long they will on TR 8. it doesn't matter that much, but I'm just curious. :scratch:

aussie500
5th Oct 2006, 20:15

Well since the AE game is not for PS3 you are not going to find news about it on a PS3 site, they have already made the announcement, and the link you gave is just an edited version with the PS3 news. For the full article use this link
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines2945.html

shurik
19th Oct 2006, 22:09
So the AE is going to be on PS2 then? And the next Tomb Raider after will be on PS3? Hmmmmmmmm...I wonder why won't they make AE on PS3 since PS3 is coming out very soon! :scratch:

aussie500
20th Oct 2006, 00:55
They said in the original announcement it would not be a next gen game, current gen only, so why wait for the PS3. It is easier to make a larger game with current gen graphics l suppose, and they probably did not want to risk delaying the game even further if there were any hitches in the PS3 release date

Raider0011
23rd Oct 2006, 15:36
So, has there been any news on the Anniversary game? With a release coming up (And the fact that they try to build up excitement months in advance anymore), it's kind of odd that there has been no news.

I really hope if comes out on the XBox 360, that would be nice.

Laraman
24th Oct 2006, 16:24
Eidos only released the announcement that a TR Anniversary Edition was in the works in response to the questions of the leaked Core trailer (or possibly they had to quickly run and start production on it). I don't think they ever expected to announce it until around Christmas if they were making it, so maybe at Christmas we'll get something :)

yesrushdt
24th Oct 2006, 17:03
I would be surprised if we heard anything more about TRAE before 2007.

aussie500
24th Oct 2006, 23:22
l at least want to see a screenshot for Christmas, a few screenshots as a Christmas present for the fans would not kill them, and they do not have to give to much of their closely guarded secret suprise away :whistle:

Paradoxical Life
25th Oct 2006, 19:56
.........yeah.....and what about the next Legacy of Kain.......is it coming.....
Yeah maybe after Tomb Raider 19347823747

sorry I had to say it

Treeble
25th Oct 2006, 21:16
I think the Legacy of Kain series don't suffer with such a shortage of titles... I mean, there are 2 Blood Omen games, 2 Legacy Of Kains and there's Defiance. 5 games isn't little when compared to 7, so maybe by the time we're all playing and enjoying Tomb Raider 19,347,823,747, you'll be playing a Legacy Of Kain MMMDCXXVII or something. :rasp:

(j/k ;) )

Headache
3rd Nov 2006, 19:26
Some people have probably already had this idea, but I thought I'd just speak my mind.
If they're coming out with an AE for TR1, do you think they'll do the same with 2, 3, 4 and 5?

shirl123
3rd Nov 2006, 20:24
Some people have probably already had this idea, but I thought I'd just speak my mind.
If they're coming out with an AE for TR1, do you think they'll do the same with 2, 3, 4 and 5?

I don't think they will, I'll be really surprised if they do. the whole point in the AE is celebrating the 1st decade of the series and/or giving some kind of an honour to the game that started it all.
an AE for each of the other games will be kind of...pointless? celebrating 10 years for TR2/3/4/5 wont be as special and exciting as this one.

Headache
3rd Nov 2006, 23:50
I don't think they will, I'll be really surprised if they do. the whole point in the AE is celebrating the 1st decade of the series and/or giving some kind of an honour to the game that started it all.
an AE for each of the other games will be kind of...pointless? celebrating 10 years for TR2/3/4/5 wont be as special and exciting as this one.
I was thinking the same thing. Though Im not sure if that's what they had/have in mind.

v:)v

NightRain'06
4th Nov 2006, 07:09
For those who are curious.... According to this small article I found from http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/30-10-2006-3934.html.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary due in 2007
By Tom Orry - 30/10/2006 - 12:27pm GMT

Game inspired by the original Tomb Raider due in 2007. No next-gen version.

Eidos has announced that Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is due for release in 2007. The game is inspired by the original Tomb Raider game, and will be released on PlayStation 2, PSP and PC.

"We've captured the essence of what made the original game so special and with today's technology, created a game that pushes the boundaries of the current gaming consoles. Tomb Raider :Anniversary is a special celebration of Lara's reign as videogaming's leading lady", said Ian Livingstone, Eidos.

Anniversary will make use of an enhanced version of the impressive Tom Raider: Legend engine, and will use today's technology to retell the original story. The lack of a next-gen version is a little disappointing, but the PlayStation 2 version of Legend was impressive in its own right, so Tomb Raider fans shouldn't be disappointed.

I will probably pick up a copy of it for the PC since I've only played TR from the third one. TR1:AE using Legend's engine will look so fantastic, IMO !

winston
9th Nov 2006, 17:59
Well I looked it up for pre order on Play and it says end of March 2007.:mad2: no fair!

dufflover
10th Nov 2006, 12:25
end of March 2007.:mad2: no fair!

At least we have a date now.

ditom
10th Nov 2006, 22:30
Waiting makes me hungry !!!!

shurik
11th Nov 2006, 18:34
So let 's count...we have 4 month left until it's going to be released! Is there an actual date that it will be released?
I'm wondering how come it won't be on PS3????