PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problem: Only hear ambient sounds

PredatorGSR
17th Jun 2006, 08:07
When I play the first level (haven't played any farther) I can only hear ambient sounds and gun sounds. I can't hear voices, footsteps, or other sound effects. The sound works fine in the menu, and in video cutscenes, but not in-game cutscenes. All other games I've played the sound has worked fine. This occurs both with Eax on and off.

It also occurs with audio hardware accelleration on and off.

If it matters, I bought the game online at www.trygames.com so there are no cds.

System Specs:
WinXP Pro SP2 (Fully updated + Latest DX9.0C)
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Soundcard (latest drivers)
ATI X850XTPE (latest Catalyst Drivers)
AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Logitech Z5500+ 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
MSI Neo2 Platinum Motherboard
Antec Neopower 2 480W PSU

-Gangsta-
17th Jun 2006, 08:13
yea i get that sometimes on the PS2 version all i do is restart my ps2 and it works fine so just try to run the game again or restart your computer

PredatorGSR
18th Jun 2006, 02:11
Nah, that doesn't help, same issue every time. Thanks though.

I guess I'll just return it, I have to do it within 48 hours of purchase and the time is just about to run out. Sucks, I heard it was pretty good.

-Gangsta-
18th Jun 2006, 14:25
Nah, that doesn't help, same issue every time. Thanks though.

I guess I'll just return it, I have to do it within 48 hours of purchase and the time is just about to run out. Sucks, I heard it was pretty good.

Damn that sucks you did check your options right? But yea this is definetly the best Hitman game ever, I keep going back to each mission looking for new things to do or new plans to kill the target and everytime I find a new way