PDA

View Full Version : Graphics for 10th Anniversary Tomb Raider

Johnny
17th Jun 2006, 05:15
Does anyone know if the game will take advantage of TR: Legend's graphic engine? That would be SU-WEET! :cool:

dufflover
17th Jun 2006, 05:32
Should really keep all the 10th Anniversary stuff in the one thread :thumbsup:

(but yes, isn't that the whole point of a remake :whistle: )

midroth
17th Jun 2006, 07:44
> ...Legend's graphic engine...

If I hope not unrevised.

Joshorty
17th Jun 2006, 15:46
This is gonna be a tuffie...comparing all the great graphics in Legend and the shortness comapred to Tomb Raider I's level sizes...how are they gonan fit it all in:confused: I've always noticed that all the games from PS-1 had a larger mass of levels then the PS2's....

Treeble
17th Jun 2006, 17:04
I'd say we can expect to play 4 levels, not 15. Probably instead of 4 chunks of Peru level, we'll have one large Peru level. It probably might save on resources.

Plus, a DVD (PS2) holds up a lot more information than a CD (PS1). Probably the reason previous-gen games had more levels is that it took less attention to details to make a good environment.

Johnny
17th Jun 2006, 17:49
Should really keep all the 10th Anniversary stuff in the one thread :thumbsup:

I apologize, but no one wanted to answer my question in the other 10th Anniversary thread. ;) Thanks, everyone for the info. This is great news indeed! :)

Joshorty
18th Jun 2006, 03:50
I'd say we can expect to play 4 levels, not 15. Probably instead of 4 chunks of Peru level, we'll have one large Peru level. It probably might save on resources.

Plus, a DVD (PS2) holds up a lot more information than a CD (PS1). Probably the reason previous-gen games had more levels is that it took less attention to details to make a good environment.

Yeah I guess...'caue they still look awesome in my eyes:)

StarChampagne
18th Jun 2006, 13:06
I just hope they don't miss much, if anything, out...

A nice long game with the Legend engine! :)

Commando
20th Jun 2006, 19:48
I believe that they could still somehow get all the levels be kept that were of the original games if they were to have this edition include more than one disc. That way, we get everything that we want and we'd see the biggest action games that every made their way to the multiplatforms. I still believe that they could and should get it done this way because it would really make our chances higher of having everything that we'd every want the edition and games to be.

Treeble
20th Jun 2006, 21:34
Yep, but it surely would require a lot more developing time, which is something they don't have. I'll be happy with anything they give us - Legend caused a rather great impression on me. ;)

Joshorty
21st Jun 2006, 01:04
I believe that they could still somehow get all the levels be kept that were of the original games if they were to have this edition include more than one disc. That way, we get everything that we want and we'd see the biggest action games that every made their way to the multiplatforms. I still believe that they could and should get it done this way because it would really make our chances higher of having everything that we'd every want the edition and games to be.
...if having a 2nd disc (which is a great idea when necessary:D ) would trouble the PSP version:( carrying 2 UMDs would kinda ruin my sense of portability but if that's what it takes, fine:D

Commando
21st Jun 2006, 19:50
I'm glad that you like the idea. I think that it would turn out better this way rather than having only one disc and having some of the parts of levels missing. It just wouldn't feel right to me and I loved every single inch of Tomb Raider so I just feel that it wouldn't seem right to me that way. I'm hoping for the best to happen with this game and that's to feature more than one disc.

Joshorty
22nd Jun 2006, 03:10
I wonder if they'll come to that point though..in making 2-discs - it won't affect the price tag won't it though:confused:I hope not...but yeah if necessary (or if somehow they won't need it), 2 disc would be a great idea.

dufflover
22nd Jun 2006, 05:19
You will never need a game more than 1 DVD...if it did it would mean it was very bloated (in some way) or something very, very massive. I mean even Oblivion fits on a DVD.

Legend had a lot of bloaty bits in it.

But no, I don't see how changing "1 disc" to "2 discs" would change the price.

Robert4lara11
14th Jul 2006, 19:04
Crystal Dynamics will almost definatly do wot rockstar did with San Andreas that is put the game on the disk by going over twice wich means that legend grafix will fit...

aussie500
15th Jul 2006, 00:30
Most likely they will get it to fit on one disc easily since they will not be doing next gen graphics, that will also save a lot of development time as well. They already have the engine and the Lara model, if it is a remake they have the story, and most of the level layouts, all they have to do is some redesign work, update the AI a bit and add a few extra's to take advantage of some of the new moves Lara will have (l do not expect to see the grapple though) Personally l doubt if Crystal Dynamics would be doing a faithfull remake though

Estherkim102
18th Oct 2006, 09:29
actually i saw the trailer and apparently she is going to look like all the tomb raider serious together to 1-7 obviously coz its a anniversary so yea..:)

aussie500
18th Oct 2006, 13:30
l doubt very much if they would have a trailer ready yet, and the cancelled Core remake has nothing to do with the AE game Crystal Dynamics is doing

burt_ie
18th Oct 2006, 18:51
I have to say the cancelled Core remake video looked very impresive. Apart from Lara as she looked kind of strange.
I was very impressed with the remade locations in that video, it gave me tingles and made me very exited.

I really hope they dont condense 4 Peru levels into one level....i thought that was where they went wrong with Legend.
The first level in Legend should have been spread out of 4 levels before Lara got to the battle at the end. I would not have minded having a bit more repetivness in the locations if it meant a lot more game play.

ditom
29th Oct 2006, 16:08
http://www.lara.skleporion.net/images/245big.jpg

aussie500
30th Oct 2006, 04:58
Was it really necessary to post a screenshot that large ditom, you are only meant to post 800pixels width max, or use thumbnails if bigger. There is already an announcement near the top of the forum about this screenshot if you somehow managed to miss it
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=63336

CatSuit&Ponytail
30th Oct 2006, 10:44
you are only meant to post 800pixels width max, or use thumbnails if bigger.
Actually, that is not a rule here on the Official Eidos Tomb Raider Forums. :)

dhama
30th Oct 2006, 11:06
Bigger the better i'd say. ;)