PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Fix For Bsod/crashes

TheEraser
13th Jun 2006, 11:01
Hi,

After looking throu many threads on many sites i was dissapointed to not find a fix for all the blue screen/crashes that i have on my system with this game. After a random try after so many logical solutions i tested i found a fix which is temporary as the issue needs to be adressed by IO/Mircosoft/nVidia and i dont know if this will fix the issue with most people, but i recommend you try it.

Withouth further suspence heres the fix and after it i will explain it.

1. Louch the game
2. Alt-Tab once the game is loaded
3. Go into Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)
4. Find "HitmanBloodMoney.exe" in the Processes window
5. Right-Click on the "HitmanBloodMoney.exe" and select "Set Affinity" from the menu displayed
6. Untick either "CPU 0" or "CPU 1" not both just one of them and press OK and go back to the game and have fun! :)

NOTE: You will have to do this every time you open the game.

If you havent understood already this fix is based on the idea that your system either has a Duel Core processor (CPU) or a fake Duel Core processor like Pemtium 4 with HT(HyperThreading). If you dont know if you have duel core prorcessor then to check go into your Task Manager and under your Performance Tab if there are 2 windows for "Usage History" then you have two cores.

So why did i suddenly do something as daft as disable one core from being used by the game. Well i also play Battlefield 2 and its also has similar problems where the game would randomly freeze/crash or your would even get kicked out of the servers for no reason and a wierd TEMPORARY solution was found for it that is exactly what i typed above, just dissallow the game from using two cares and everything is fine and dandy. It would seem that what ever the two games have in common is cousing big problems to alot of people. Dunno of its something about game programing or Windows managment of the duel cores or nVidia nForce4 chipsets. I dont have proof for either of them being the couse but one or combination of two or more is cousing alot of problems in two games that i currently have and its worrying to say after spending £1,900 on my PC that all new games just DO NOT work on it.

Anyway i tought i might just share this with the rest of you if it helps to you then please spread the word i am going back to playing the game now that i can get past the second level.

TheEraser
13th Jun 2006, 13:56
after few hours of great fun i have found limitations of this fix, as i said its only temporary and dont be expecting to play mission after mission. Once you complete 1 mission i recommend that you restart the game or even reboot your pc becouse if you keep on playing the game will eventually crash again.

jimnms
13th Jun 2006, 17:06
"Duel core" processor? Is that where your procesor cores fights each other all the time. :p

BTW I have a dual core AMD X2 4400+. I only had one crash up until I reached the riverboat mission. I think the crashing is caused by a memeory leak because it only crashes on me when loading a save after playing for a long time. I also have never had any problem playing BF2, so I think you may have problems with your hardware.

My system:
AMD X2 4400+ (running @ 2.4GHz 4800+ eqiv)
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (NF4-SLI chipset)
2GB OCZ DDR400 2-3-2-5 timings
SB Audigy2

TheEraser
13th Jun 2006, 21:40
"Duel core" processor? Is that where your procesor cores fights each other all the time. :p

BTW I have a dual core AMD X2 4400+. I only had one crash up until I reached the riverboat mission. I think the crashing is caused by a memeory leak because it only crashes on me when loading a save after playing for a long time. I also have never had any problem playing BF2, so I think you may have problems with your hardware.

My system:
AMD X2 4400+ (running @ 2.4GHz 4800+ eqiv)
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (NF4-SLI chipset)
2GB OCZ DDR400 2-3-2-5 timings
SB Audigy2

There is no need to discuss my hardware seriously trust me i checked many things and besides Creatives poor drivers everything is suppose to be fine and dandy.

My team mate was also saying to me he has a Duel Core CPU and he never had any problems and then tomrrow night we are playing in our server he gets the 5 second dissconnect bug that i had from the word go.

just becouse the bug is not present on your sytem now doesnt mean it doesnt exist, just consider your self fortunate enough to not have any problems.