PDA

View Full Version : Can not get past the riverboat mission...

jimnms
12th Jun 2006, 06:04
...because the friggin game keeps crashing! :mad2:

I've only had one game crash up until this level. I know what I need to do, or at least how I want to complete the mission. I save my progress just before going up to take out the captain. I keep screwing up and have to reload. The crash occurs when I reload, then I have to do it all over again. My only option is just to go in guns blazing and make a mess, but I'm trying to do it quietly.

BrandonB
12th Jun 2006, 07:14
...because the friggin game keeps crashing! :mad2:

I've only had one game crash up until this level. I know what I need to do, or at least how I want to complete the mission. I save my progress just before going up to take out the captain. I keep screwing up and have to reload. The crash occurs when I reload, then I have to do it all over again. My only option is just to go in guns blazing and make a mess, but I'm trying to do it quietly.

Same thing happens to me (except on the "A new life" mission) and it happens when I try to restart the level, not really frustrating because thats the easiest mission in the game, way to easy if you ask me. And way too short. (Even when going for SA). I'm afraid I dont know how to fix your issue (or mine for that matter).

jimnms
13th Jun 2006, 01:34
I finally finished it without a crash. I wonder if it's a memory leak or something that does it after playing so long and reloading. With all the practice, the 4th time through I was able to go faster. I got an SA rating too. :cool:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4925/gcs00029ny.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gcs00029ny.jpg) http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2181/gcs00036iq.th.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gcs00036iq.jpg) http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2262/gcs00047gn.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gcs00047gn.jpg)

I thought I wouldn't get SA because I had to kill an innocent waiter. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I guess since I made it look like an accident it didn't count against me.

Alexlovesguns
14th Jun 2006, 20:47
I wasnt able to rate SA on this one yet... how did you rate SA and finish the mission with only 4 kills? One of them being a waiter :confused: .
There are 6 gang guys onboard plus the captain but even if i manage to sedate them someone will spot the bodies once they land on the lower decks. On the last floor there are 4 guys to take out and the poison trick never works well enough for me :mad2: .

illyB
15th Jun 2006, 00:04
This mission can be tough, but with practice you can get S.A. in uner 20mins. I usually have 3 accidents, 2 over the side, 1 into machinery. Then deal with the captain and three remaining guards. Poison the cake, and take out the guards one by one with fiber wire and hide the bodies in the bathroom. No witnesses and no innocents killed. Sedate just one guard for his uniform and make sure the guard bodies go over the side and not back into the first deck-and hide all other bodies in a closed room- no witnesses!

So far, ive done the first 11 missions without firing a single bullet and have S.A. on all levels. Has taken alot of time to scout everything out and play them all over till i get it right- but thats the best part of this game;)

Alexlovesguns
15th Jun 2006, 00:29
My failure with this mission was because i wanted to have an all acidents rating with no evidence of assassination (shots, wire, poison), i found out later that you can shoot more than once and still rate SA in BM (unlike the other Hitman's).

One thing that is not very well done in this level is that the bodies dont fall into the river from the top floor, it pissed me off when i tried to dispose of them and a fat chick walking on the first floor found them down there.

jimnms
15th Jun 2006, 02:20
There were 8 kills total, 4 were considered accidents. This is a SPOILER alert, I'm not going to bother writing all of this in spoiler tags, so quit reading now if you don't want the game spoiled.
What I did was go to the breaker box, wait until it was clear, break the box. The guy will come out of the room above to reset the brakers. Go upstairs and sneak in the room when he comes out. Put the sedative in his drink and hide in the closet. Wait until he drinks it and passes out. Grab his clothes and the engine room key.

I then went to the deck where one of the gang members is making out with a chick in the hall. When they see you he goes in his room, but soon after comes out and walks down the hall and goes out the door to the right and smokes. I shoved him over the rail.

Then I went to the crew quarters, go in the locker room and get the waiter uniform. Go back to the front of the boat and up to the dining room. A guy will call you over and ask you to take a bottle of chapaign to his room and gives you his key. Go to his room, get the VIP pass and grab his tuxedo.

Go up to the VIP room, and there's a door over in the corner with two guys playing poker. Go in there, they start fussing and leave. There's a door in the back of that room, but be careful that the guard isn't in there. When it's clear, pick the lock and go in and grab the 1st class waiter uniform. Go outside where another gang member is walking around. Wait until he stops to smoke and shove him over the rail.

Then I went into the kitchen, stashed my gun in the cake and poisoned it, but I didn't take it up yet. I first wanted to get rid of the patroling guy. I tried several things to get rid of him, but there's a waiter that sits on the balcony outside the captains room and he always sees you, so I had to kill him. What you have to do so the body isn't found is drag him over as far to the left as you can before throwing the body over. It will either land on the paddle wheel or it will sometimes go in the water.

Then I waited for the 3rd gang member to come by and take a smoke by the rail. If you push him over right there he goes in the water. Only once did I see his body slide down onto the deck below.

Next I went inside to where the 4th gangmember was inside. There was another waiter hanging around, he brings hamburgers that you can poison, but the bodies were always found, so I didn't bother. Wait until he leaves and the gang member goes to the bathroom and poison his drink. When he comes back, drinks it and dies, drag him into the bathroom.

You don't have to kill the captain with the cake, you can poison his drink too, but I wanted him to die by cake. I brought the cake up, waited for him to die, then drug his fat ass into his bedroom and grabbed the pictures.

Next I went outside, went around the corner and waited for the guard to stand on that side of the door with his back to me. I used the fiber wire to strangle him and drug his body into the bathroom.

Now all that was left was to get the last gangmember in the engine room and leave. I went back to get my suite, and along the way I picked up that gun and case that's in the crew deck. I went in the lower level of the engine room, switched off the lights so the guy would have to come turn it on. The timing has to be right here too. There two other guys that come down there, and you need to wait until the gang member is leaning on the rail by the piston. Run down the engine room while the light is off, shove the last gang member over the rail and run for the exit.

Like I said, you have to time it just right because there's also a crew member that patrols outside the engine room and around the exit. Every time I tried to take out the engine room guy first they always found his body when that other guy comes over and leans on the rail. I guess you could say I cheated ecause I ran to the exit before they could find his body. :D

Alexlovesguns
15th Jun 2006, 12:25
Im aware of all the options in this level i think.

The engine room guy is always my first victim, if you time it well the other guy will be looking at the oposite engine so he wont see you push the gang member down, i sedated the guard patrolling the left side of the 1st deck when he turns his back against the crates and hidden his body in the room with the ICA crate, i was thinking about sedating the burger waiter and getting his clothes instead because this way he wont come to the 5th deck and things will be easier up there but i have to study his pathm, maybe psh him down the stairs when he leaves the top floor. The captains floor is where things can go wrong, your method sounds good, i will see if i can mix some of it with sedating the burgers and throwing the bodies over the rail, the guy with the shotgun can be grabbed, knocked out and pushed over the rail too. Should make it count has an acident?

illyB
15th Jun 2006, 18:53
The problem with grabing the gun and knocking a guard out is you get a blown cover, anytime you go into the red, you can almost always say goodbye to an S.A. rating.

Best to sneak from behind and wire/syringe them, then hide the bodies. You can get all the bodies to go ALL the way over board, you just have to drag then to the corners of the boat, then check over the side to make sure it a drop all the way to the water!!

You also have to be carefull about shooting guards, because it will leave a blood stain that will alert the other guards, and that can affect your rating. Easy enough to have 3 accidents, 3 kills and poison the captian.

jimnms
15th Jun 2006, 20:52
The engine room guy is always my first victim, if you time it well the other guy will be looking at the oposite engine so he wont see you push the gang member down
The problem is that there is another engine room worker that comes down from the crew deck every now and then and goes over to that rail. He always spots the body down at the bottom and alerts the guards.