PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck is the patch?

sammy
11th Jun 2006, 20:16
The dust is building up! This is completely unacceptable! Whether or not a patch comes out or not, this will probably be the last game I buy from Eidos.

Adios Eidos (lol)

grunjee3
11th Jun 2006, 20:28
We all want a patch, and I'm not happy about the game's problems either, but threads like this will typically get deleted, or earn you a vacation.

If you want to complain to Eidos, try to be a bit more constructive... and specific. For example, list a specific problem you have (such as 'the game always crashes on level ___ ' etc). Just whining in such an abstract manner is really not going to help the cause.

JG777
14th Jun 2006, 16:03
We all want a patch, and I'm not happy about the game's problems either, but threads like this will typically get deleted, or earn you a vacation.

If you want to complain to Eidos, try to be a bit more constructive... and specific. For example, list a specific problem you have (such as 'the game always crashes on level ___ ' etc). Just whining in such an abstract manner is really not going to help the cause.

I'll be more constructive, PLEASE construct a patch so it can be playable on my suported FX5900XT card!

martin88
14th Jun 2006, 16:52
The dust is building up! This is completely unacceptable! Whether or not a patch comes out or not, this will probably be the last game I buy from Eidos.

Adios Eidos (lol)
You mean the last IO game.

Eidos didn't make Hitman.

Harry-UK
14th Jun 2006, 18:29
You mean the last IO game.

Eidos didn't make Hitman.

You tell him Martin! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the crashes are easily fixed by entering XFire and turning off the in-game chat for Hitman. If that's not the case, update your sound and graphics drivers and install the DirectX 9.0c that comes with the game. This should fix the problems. You could also try turning down the sound acceleration. One of these WILL work. A lot of people have fixed the crashes. The 5900 supports shaders too but it isn't very powerful. :cool:

dac10
14th Jun 2006, 18:54
You tell him Martin! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the crashes are easily fixed by entering XFire and turning off the in-game chat for Hitman. If that's not the case, update your sound and graphics drivers and install the DirectX 9.0c that comes with the game. This should fix the problems. You could also try turning down the sound acceleration. One of these WILL work. A lot of people have fixed the crashes. The 5900 supports shaders too but it isn't very powerful. :cool:

thats just the thing mate, people dont want to have to do this crap! i for one. this guy has a good point by complaining cause its what most of us want to do.
rant on imho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martin88
14th Jun 2006, 19:22
Its not always the developers fault.
If the crashes are caused by xfire, a third party program, then its not IO's fault.

Also, youre ALWAYS supposed to update your direct x and drivers! Not just for games. Its keeping your computer up to date so it works best. It's maintenance.

So saying " we dont want to do that kind of crap" isn't really an excuse. You're supposed to!

sammy
14th Jun 2006, 20:51
EVERYONE who owns a FX series card gets 1-2 FPS in this game.

On the box it says that FX series cards are supported.

IOwhatever made the game, and Eidos is the one who published it. Eidos makes the system requirements, and they also do the testing. That is usually how it works in the gaming market. After all, Eidos wants to sell as many copies as possible, right?

A moderator at www.hitmanforum.com stated that a developer specifically told him that he experienced no problems at all on his FX card. :lol:

What does this add up to? It means the game was rushed!

Also, martin, I never said the game crashed. I'm sorry, but this IS the developers (and Eidos's) fault.

martin88
14th Jun 2006, 20:53
It may be.
I was talking about the crashes caused by out of date drivers and Xfire.

solson
15th Jun 2006, 12:36
Let's see, I have a Radeon X800XT AIW (256MB, Pixel Shader 2.0, 16 Pixel Pipelines...), Athlon XP 3200+, 1.5 GB RAM, and nForce 2 with onboard audio. I ALWAYS keep my PC up to date with the latest driver's, I do NOT have xFire installed, and yet this game crashes to the desktop EVERY TIME! Who's fault is this, mine? Judging by the tone of this thread, it would appear there are some here that think it is my fault. When Hitman: Contracts came out, the game WOULD NOT RUN AT ALL on my ATI video card. I had to wait weeks for a patch, before I could even play the game at all. Do I see a trend here?

Alexlovesguns
15th Jun 2006, 12:48
Let's see... onboard audio.

That could be it, i think the game doesnt "like" onboard audio, its not hard to find if thats whats causing you the crashes.

solson
15th Jun 2006, 20:34
That would be odd, seeing as how there isn't any other game that I own that won't run on this machine with zero problems. FEAR, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Gun, Doom 3, Quake 4, Half Life 2... These all run perfectly on this machine.

Seems to me; by the process of elimination, that the issue is STILL with the game; not the machine. Still not my fault.