PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII Series for Windows PC

manusia
23rd Sep 2013, 21:35
FINAL FANTASY XIII returns to Windows PC (http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-xiii-returns-windows-pc)
- Steam users can grab an additional 10% savings with your preorder today! Additionally, the FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy will also come with Steam Trading cards.

The Final Fantasy XIII saga is coming to Windows PC (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-xiii-saga-coming-windows-pc)
- Final Fantasy XIII is coming out on 9th October 2014. That’s only three weeks away.
-----------------------------

sorry but, please release PC version of FFXIII Series :D

mike_ptbr
24th Sep 2013, 02:41
Yes, please SE release it, many fans are waiting for the PC version of FF XIII Collection and FF XV.

Mumutaro
7th Dec 2013, 12:45
Admins, what can you say about FF13 on PC. It isnt bad right? Is Square Enix has a plan to make a FF13 on PC? If it does, when will it be released? Ive been waiting for so long since 2010 for this game to be published on PC. And IM sure that this'll sell a lot..

PedroPMV
23rd Jan 2014, 13:44
Hi i'm brazilian player and i love final fantasy series, buy the FF VII and FF VIII on steam.
I'm thinking that square enix could launch Final Fantasy XIII on steam (My favorite game in the series), it's just a idea but a really buy the game,

that's all of my idea, thanks for reading. (and sorry my bad english)

Nemesis9297
7th Feb 2014, 17:40
I know there is no Final Fantasy XIII game for Windows and my Question is: WHY? I mean the game is made on a pc why doesnt exist¬īs for a pc.Will SquareEnix make a remake for PC in the future? I had a PS3 but only FF13 and i want the full trilogy for PC

mike_ptbr
7th Feb 2014, 19:26
I support this too, PC market is on high and i would love to play the Lightning Saga on my PC and FFXV too :P

ramdropje
24th Feb 2014, 10:04
Hi

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, was just wondering IF and WHEN Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 will be making their way onto Steam?? I have 7 and 8, but I really like 13..

Any ideas?

mike_ptbr
25th Feb 2014, 17:20
I also wanna see more FF on steam, I will love to see the FF XIII Colection on steam & FF XV too.

So, please SE release those games for steam.

member_10063958
30th Apr 2014, 00:55
I want to see XIII on Steam too. All 3 games if possible.

What would it take to convince SE of the demand?

mike_ptbr
29th Jun 2014, 18:27
Come on Square-Enix, port Lightning to steam!! :)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576766755379514319/2E4D752DAA44DDCB3D5730E719771DF7AB51F213/

-Mikfail-
1st Oct 2014, 02:35
It appears they caved into your demands :)

Thanks always SE!

DarkShadowRage
1st Oct 2014, 15:25
I hope to god that this isn't going to be locked at 30 fps and 720p but, i also have a feeling it wont be, i like to tweak my games so fingers crossed it goes at 60+ fps and higher resolutions.

pcrews41
2nd Oct 2014, 07:47
so i preordered finla fantasy 13 on here cause my steam account wouldnt let me so now i have paid for it but have no game code to register in steam do i get it on day of release

Grimoire
2nd Oct 2014, 09:16
Customer support (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=2600&la=2) should be able to sort things out, pcrews41.

DarkShadowRage
3rd Oct 2014, 15:59
Hey square can you guys throw us a bone? Can we get some 1080p snapshots please? Oh and a pre-load? it's 5 days away now.

DarkShadowRage
6th Oct 2014, 18:51
Seriously, all the trolls are gonna come out from under the bridge, the game's page is gonna get ransacked with troll reviews and we also have the troll global mod zefar still bashing the game on the forums every chance he gets.

Launch day for FF13 is going to be hellish I really wish square would show the steam community some love.

Also the store page needs to be updated to show trading card support and proper PC version screenshots please, not the PS3 ones. Hell it's 2 days before release so ANY INFO WOULD be nice.

Come on square.

Grimoire
8th Oct 2014, 21:22
---------

Preload is now available for Final Fantasy XIII on Steam. :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/1921204_340500426130597_5946474491834475698_o.jpg

DoctorMuerte
9th Oct 2014, 03:15
---------

Thank you very much, very much appreciated!

Grimoire
9th Oct 2014, 05:35
Final Fantasy XIII’s 28% Sale Before Tomorrow’s Steam Debut (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/08/final-fantasy-xiiis-28-discount-tomorrows-steam-debut/) (Siliconera)
- Grab tomorrow’s Final Fantasy XIII on Steam for PC at 28% off. Better get ready to preload as the download is 50GB.

Domana
9th Oct 2014, 06:48
hey i neither want nor need japanese audio and the 60 gigs i have to have free to download with steam is an issue since i have limited space could you have maybe made the japanese audio a free dlc instead of forcing everyone to have it?

GellarDJ
9th Oct 2014, 07:35
Still no key received!! And buyed 2 weeks ago :naughty:

DarkShadowRage
9th Oct 2014, 12:43
Thanks for the 60fps now all we need is the super high res textures and models

Manchitas
9th Oct 2014, 13:04
I didn't receive any code neither. When are we suppose to receive it?

Diagoras
9th Oct 2014, 14:13
The e-mail I got when I bought it says:

When the product is released, you will be sent another email containing information on how your product will be supplied. Please keep both of these emails safe as they contain important information on your purchase.

So I guess we get a downloadlink or something like that in give or take 2 hours.

Grimoire
9th Oct 2014, 14:30
Thank you for posting the clarification, Diagoras.

Konrei
9th Oct 2014, 14:43
immer noch keine e-mail bekommen

Grimoire
9th Oct 2014, 16:42
Final Fantasy XIII PC Available Today (http://www.finalfantasy.net/xiii/final-fantasy-xiii-pc-today/) (Final Fantasy Network)
- Final Fantasy XIII is available today for PC via Steam.

DarkShadowRage
9th Oct 2014, 17:24
Come on guys, really!? no resolution options?????

DarkShadowRage
9th Oct 2014, 17:26
..No resolution options, no AA no nothing!?

mike_ptbr
9th Oct 2014, 17:40
I think the game got a bug on the PC Settings on the last minute :scratch:

Hope to see a patch that will allow us to modifier the PC settings (Resolution, Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic Filter... etc)

-Mikfail-
9th Oct 2014, 17:40
I'm fearful for SE, this locked setting in the PC version will only serve to upset people. Our gamers are quite used to more & scalable options as well. Educating everyone before hand would have been key in containing users disappointment but the only thing we can hope for now is SE fixing this.

Either way I'm glad we have FFXIII on PC with more to follow. But I certainly hope SE will play the hero again and save us all, including themselves from this situation. The future of the series with its new home is really in the balance now with the majority. The community will try to help and fix this but please meet us half way SE.

Please do the rite thing and make an announcement in the Steam Hub (http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120) concerning the situation or news of any upcoming dev work & support.

doraemon1993
9th Oct 2014, 18:55
I'm glad that i'm able to play this game on PC now, though i've already purchased the trilogy on Xbox360 for a long times ago, they're good to me...
But seriously, >720p< and no graphic option, oh come on, PC's spec is variable, not like console
I hope you guys fix it soon though, i saw many post in other sites and they all complaint about this.

HalJongo
9th Oct 2014, 19:52
I really apreciate the final fantasy 13 trilogy on PS3 and i'm glad to play them on PC now. But please give us the real quality of all the CG cutscene (it's really a downgrade to compare to PS3).
And what about the no resolution / graphics options ... it's a terrible mistake for PC gamer (we need 16/10 support for example).

One more thing. Have you forgot the rumble pad effect ???

DarkShadowRage
9th Oct 2014, 23:03
Please square, for the love of all that is holy, please give us AMD users proper optimization, my pc is more than enough to handle this game and my card is more than what is needed and i get 12 fps in battles among other things it's really sad.

http://i.imgur.com/yeyp30z.png

I can run tomb raider on ultimate maxed out with everything(except tress FX) and get constant 60-80fps

While FF13 chugs for no reason.

PLEASE give us proper AMD support i'm begging you.

TheRealDeal51
10th Oct 2014, 01:10
The game is not utilizing the GPU properly which is why a lot of people including me are experiencing issues. For me the cutscenes run 60fps but battles are locked to 30fps.

DarkShadowRage
10th Oct 2014, 01:43
I get 11 fps running around ._. i should be getting 60

The game is only using 3% of my cards power
http://i.imgur.com/j6mSyd4.png

Sora9669
10th Oct 2014, 04:38
Since the PC version is available digitally with Japanese voices and Easy mode, can Square Enix please release digital versions of XIII for PS3 and 360 along with Japanese voices and Easy mode?

nEOristiC
10th Oct 2014, 12:52
well, im really disappointed about this small resolution on PC. did anyone of SE played this game before on a 24" TFT ??? i guess not. about to 40-50% of the screen is black. nice job dudes! if you continue with the small budget portation for pc i will stop buying your products. think about this!!!

and for your information. take a look on your ff13 steam forum. im not the only one what think this sucks hard (over 1600 replays about this lol!). thx

mkes01
10th Oct 2014, 13:33
To say it plain and very simple:

If you do not fix it, there is no future for the FF XIII Serie on PC.

The reviews are so bad on steam, the main selling platform for PC games, I never ever seen this before for a FF game ever.

Based on the reviews, you do not need to bother with the other FF XIII 2-3 conversions to PC.

The main selling point of FF XIII is the graphics ... and you ****ed it up. SE, what did you even think about releasing such a bad port!
It's like you never ever seen a PC game or PC in your entire life!

Fix the port, or stop making any in the future.

Enough said.

PuntoC
10th Oct 2014, 15:15
STEAM LINK:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/0/613938693079943510/

We Are Signing To make Square enix Change and Listen to us ! for better Final Fantasy.

http://www.change.org/p/final-fantasy-13-pc-version-1920x1080-and-graphic-options-give-the-pc-version-of-final-fantasy-13-the-ability-to-change-graphical-settings?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_created#share

We need to create another pinned thread like the "We want Japanese Audio" one.

-We need a proper way to quit the game not just pressing the escape button, for example pressing pause and a menu to press "Quit to Title" and "Quit to Windows"
-We need audio options (the sound is just too low right now and it could be better quality)
-Graphic options such as Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Tessellation, etc. And the ability to control the resolution the game runs at.

SUPPORT CUSTOM RESOLUTIONS!
1080p support at a minimum! Some people have weird monitors with weird Aspect Ratios. This stuff is important!

FULL SET OF GRAPHICS OPTIONS!
Allow users to change Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filtering, V-sync, Shadow Resolution etc.
-Better optimization for the game so that it can run better for different graphic cards (AMD, Nvidia). Some people run it perfectly fine without any issues, and some people can't run it at all due to unplayable frame rates and other graphical issues.

LET USERS CHOOSE WHICH LANGUAGE THEY WANT TO DOWNLOAD!
The Dual Audio support is a welcome feature, but you've nearly doubled the size of the download! 60GBs is no joke! I'd like to be able to right-click the game in my library, and have the option to uncheck Japanese Audio. Simple! Or have an optional DLC download for the people that want the extra option. For free of course.

REPLACE THE CURRENT CUTSCENES WITH PS3 QUALITY CUTSCENES!!!
When FFXIII was released on XBOX360, the cut scenes were downgraded to fit the smaller disk size. Why have you done the same here!? It will take up even more HDD space to have better quality cut scenes and some people might not like that, so create an option of an HD High Resolution Texture Pack DLC, another free DLC; giving your customers options is a good thing.

Square, you need to fix these problems. I have some predictions about what's going to happen here. You're going to see articles on Kotaku, Polygon, GameSpot,‎ etc. about what a terrible port this is, and about how modder’s have to step in and fix a game for your customers again. I think you'd rather not have that? I'm not going to pretend that I know how easy or hard it is to fix these problems, but I doubt it's beyond your abilities.

If you would just dedicate a few extra work hours to fixing these problems, you could change the reviews on the store page from "MOSTLY NEGATIVE" to "MOSTLY POSITIVE". If you deliver on this it will pay off, I promise you.

I_AM_V47
10th Oct 2014, 15:42
+1

The game is almost unplayable, even the cutscene lag like hell. Please fix this.

TROOPER181st
10th Oct 2014, 16:19
+1 ! signed the petition and i will go on Twitter that we PC gamers demand 1080 and the fix of the framedrops!

Vorlik
10th Oct 2014, 16:40
First. The Japanese audio should be a dlc option and not a required download as it bloats the HD space required. This is forcing people into a massive download they don't even want. The major majority of people that speak English as their primary language play the game using English audio.

Second. There has to be better resolution than 720. If you refuse to include other graphical options then at the very least there needs to be a modern PC resolution available. There will soon be 2000 posts on Steam from disappointed to angry people in just one post regarding this issue. It would be wise to take heed to their outcry as you plan on releasing the other two games in the series.

Third. Please respond quickly. This issue is really starting to snowball. Koei set a great example with DW8 on Steam. They quickly took action to the gamers requests and followed up with great patches to make the game fantastic. There are those individuals that want Japanese audio (as a separate dlc), but almost everybody wants a somewhat modern resolution available with at least minor graphic options as well.

Please remove the Huge Japanese audio files and make them an optional download. Please give the PC world a modern resolution. Please make the CG movies as good as the PS3. If you remove the Japanese audio as a requirement this will compensate for the extra space for higher quality video. You did an amazing job on the FFX HD remaster. Please at least put in the most basic effort at making FFXIII on PC better than the Xbox 360 version. This disaster will not go away nor be forgotten unless you address it. Thank you for your time.

FTS-IIIIGTOIIII
10th Oct 2014, 19:20
Bonjour,
comme beaucoup, j'ai eu la jolie surprise de voir FF XIII sans aucun options graphiques et de voir que le jeu tournait en 720 mais mort de rire.

On n'est sur PC l√*,
faudrait pas abuser quand même,
vous pourriez au moins le marquer dans la description du jeu sur Steam qu'on sache √* quoi s'attendre au lieu de continuer sans cesse √* arnaquer les gens car oui, c'est bien ce que vous faites tous depuis 2 √* 3 en sortant des jeux qui rame dans tous les sens, des jeux remplie de bugs, des jeux vid√© de leurs contenus pour les mettre en DLC etc etc.

Il y a un moment ou tous les joueurs vous tomberons dessus √* force de les prendre pour des cons -_-

Je précise quand même que j'ai les versions PS3 et 360 donc si j'ai pris FF XIII PC,
c'est pour en profiter au moins avec des options graphique en plus et surtout en 1080p.

J'esp√®re que vous √©couterez les joueurs au moins pour le 1080 car l√*, je suis juste d√©go√Ľt√© de mettre encore fait arnaquer.

Bref, je ne vous saluts pas.

hello,
Like many, I was pretty surprised to see FF XIII no graphics options and see that the game turned in 720 but died laughing.

It is not PC here
should not abuse it anyway,
you could at least mark it in the description of the game on Steam that we know what to expect instead of continuing to constantly rip people off because yes, that's what you all are doing since leaving 2-3 games that train in all directions, games full of bugs, emptied of their content for games put DLC etc etc.

There is a time when all you gamers fall upon force to take them for idiots -_-

I still says that I have the PS3 and 360 versions so if I took FF XIII PC
it's to enjoy at least with graphics options and more especially in 1080p.

I hope you will listen to the players at least since 1080, I'm just disgusted to even scammed.

In short, I do not write about you.

Underking
10th Oct 2014, 20:16
My suggestions to fix this mess of a port:

1. Let people choose any resolution they want. GeDoSaTo proves it's possible.

2. Add basic graphical options: anti-aliasing, texture filtering, shadow resolution, depth of field on/off, etc.

3. Fix the performance issues: the game is stuttering and framedropping all over the place since it's not fully utilizing GPUs and CPUs (the game is only using 25% of my GPU, and yes, it's on maximum performance mode).

4. Add a confirmation dialog box when people accidently press ESC so they don't quit the game by mistake.

5. Improve gamepad support. People with worned out controllers are finding difficult to run torwards some directions.

Come on, redeem yourselves Square-Enix for the lazy ports of Final Fantasy III, IV and especially XIII. High resolution fonts would be nice! I really want to support japanese games on Steam, but I won't support lazyness no more.

Novicek
10th Oct 2014, 21:57
I definitely support the graphics options.
However, much bigger issue is the performance. I did pretty much everything, yet can't get stable 60 fps, the game stutters every time something loads and my specs are above recommended. I'd expect a several years old console game that ran on ps3/xbox360 to run buttery smooth on PC. Please guys... :D

DarkShadowRage
11th Oct 2014, 13:48
The game isn't even using my GPU at all...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=325183208 Y U DO DIS GAME!? I JUST WANNA ENJOY IT

Evening_FM
13th Oct 2014, 11:12
I really doubt SE will take any actions regarding this... But oh well... It will re ignite my trust towards them. Because there was time when I trusted them. Now I still have hope... Which will die with this one. I so wanted to buy it. I'll give it another chance.

Sora9669
13th Oct 2014, 13:54
The Japanese voices don't take up that much space. The PS3 version was already like 44GB.

DarkShadowRage
13th Oct 2014, 18:04
Square Enix this is an updated post to a previous thread that was posted, this is a quote from the steam topic.

We as gamers would like a proper patch that fixes all the issues with the game, which is optimization, FPS issues, and graphics options among other things.

Here is the link to the steam Thread below which contains 3000+ posts for people wanting this patch.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/0/613938693079943510/

We want to support FF13 on steam and the coming installments, but we do NOT want to jump through hoops to have our games work!

Please patch the game for all of us so we may all enjoy your products in their full glory.

Don't make us jump through hoops please!

User: FireFistFenixღ
We need to create another pinned thread like the "We want Japanese Audio" one.
+1 this post, and be sure to sign the petition one of our fellow Final Fantasy fans has created for us: http://www.change.org/p/final-fantasy-13-pc-version-1920x1080-and-graphic-options-give-the-pc-version-of-final-fantasy-13-the-ability-to-change-graphical-settings
Let’s take some of the support from here straight to the Square Enix forums so that the developers can actually see and respond to our concerns.
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=17371

-We need a proper way to quit the game not just pressing the escape button, for example pressing pause and a menu to press "Quit to Title" and "Quit to Windows"
-We need audio options (the sound is just too low right now and it could be better quality)
-Graphic options such as Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Tessellation, etc. And the ability to control the resolution the game runs at.

SUPPORT CUSTOM RESOLUTIONS!
1080p support at a minimum! Some people have weird monitors with weird Aspect Ratios. This stuff is important!
-This game needs to use multithreading (using more than a single CPU core), because that is the core issue behind the unstable framerate. That is the priority because even if they add 1080p without fixing this issue first, you will have 1080p with 30-60 frames skipping wherever they want anyway, like it is right now. Most people here at the bare minimum use a Quad-Core CPU, and thus would like to put it to full use, even Alan Wake which came out on PC a few years ago makes full use of all cores in multicore CPU's. The game is being bottlenecked by only utilizing a single core, so no matter how strong your graphic card may be, the game will struggle to run even on high-end machines.

FULL SET OF GRAPHICS OPTIONS!
Allow users to change Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filtering, V-sync, Shadow Resolution etc.
-Better optimization for the game so that it can run better for different graphic cards (AMD, Nvidia). Some people run it perfectly fine without any issues, and some people can't run it at all due to unplayable frame rates and other graphical issues.

LET USERS CHOOSE WHICH LANGUAGE THEY WANT TO DOWNLOAD!
The Dual Audio support is a welcome feature, but you've nearly doubled the size of the download! 60GBs is no joke! I'd like to be able to right-click the game in my library, and have the option to uncheck Japanese Audio. Simple! Or have an optional DLC download for the people that want the extra option. For free of course.

REPLACE THE CURRENT CUTSCENES WITH PS3 QUALITY CUTSCENES!!!
When FFXIII was released on XBOX360, the cut scenes were downgraded to fit the smaller disk size. Why have you done the same here!? It will take up even more HDD space to have better quality cut scenes and some people might not like that, so create an option of an HD High Resolution Texture Pack DLC, another free DLC; giving your customers options is a good thing.

ENABLE FORCE FEEDBACK FOR SUPPORTED GAMEPADS
The Vibration/Rumble on controllers seem to add a little more suspense to the gameplay and cutscenes, as you already know I'm sure; since the console versions supported it, why not here?

Square, you need to fix these problems. I have some predictions about what's going to happen here. You're going to see articles on Kotaku, Polygon, GameSpot,‎ etc. about what a terrible port this is, and about how modder’s have to step in and fix a game for your customers again. I think you'd rather not have that? I'm not going to pretend that I know how easy or hard it is to fix these problems, but I doubt it's beyond your abilities.

GameSpot has created a good video indicating the major issues as well: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-xiii-for-pc-has-basically-no-graphic/1100-6422856/

If you would just dedicate a few extra work hours to fixing these problems, you could change the reviews on the store page from "MOSTLY NEGATIVE" to "MOSTLY POSITIVE". If you deliver on this it will pay off, I promise you.

The game won't even launch for some players! http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/0/613938693078130994/

Many people who purchased this game will not purchase the sequels and many who are on the verge of purchasing this product; will not because of the reasons listed above.
Please Square Enix, we all know you can make things right!

peachmango
13th Oct 2014, 18:33
I agree this is completely unacceptable we have been your fans for years and you deceive all of us with a preorder game that we obviously expected 1080. Fix it PLEASE or give money back to steam customers who deceived in preorder, we all know the female protagonist in this series lacks the storyline your older games have, so we NEEEED the graphics dont you understand... :( I planned on playing this whole weekend and have instead played and half hour and spent the rest of the time wondering why you did this to us... we will give you money for any final fantasy game just please fix it for pc users....

Novicek
13th Oct 2014, 19:24
Again, I support this. Although performance should be a lot higher priority than graphics options. Playable game is more important than a pretty game and at worst we have Durante's mod.

Stormragez
13th Oct 2014, 19:47
I hope u guys give us a proper fix for this all final fantasy fans want it, don't let us think this is the way pc ports will be from now on....

2ScoopsOfFunk
13th Oct 2014, 20:43
Made an account to agree with this.

LightnThunder
13th Oct 2014, 21:00
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-features-pc-gamers-wantan-open-letter-to-developers-and-gamers/

Polorboy
13th Oct 2014, 22:10
So, after taking nearly 4 days to download on steam when I have installed much larger games in a fraction of that time, I finally get to launch the game for all of a second and find out how bad a port this is. What happened? On the PS3 it ran at 1920x1080 (or 1080p, which was the resolution of my tv). Do you assume that the people playing this are going to have computers that pale in comparison to the "power" of the PS3? Uh, my current setup makes the PS4 look ancient. I was going to give it a shot anyway, but then i find that I can't use my mouse to make selections on the main menu? I have to use the arrow keys on my keyboard? These are the basics of game design, and this game is lacking them. No ability to use a mouse, at least as far as I have seen. No ability to change resolution, at least in the menu. I am sure that I can find a way to force the game to use a higher resolution by modifying the game, but I don't want to do that, that is too much of a hassle. We all know that you have very capable programmers, just look at FFXIV ARR, that game is awesome. I was a subscriber for a year straight from launch, I was even in the closed beta. I played from the get go and it worked great. Those guys did an amazing job of not only rescuing that title but improving on it tremendously. Then I see that another of the FF series is making its way to PC. I am pretty sure that I have played nearly every FF game that has ever been made, both on the PC and consoles. So, we know that SE has the ability to make a good PC game, how hard can it be to take a game and move it to the PC? Especially when it was already written for the Xbox, which is essentially a mid/low end PC. There should not be a whole lot of work involved in moving it from a "Windows/Xbox" environment to a Windows environment?

I don't think there is anyone who doubts that SE can fix this game, the question is will you? I would love to see this game in it's full HD glory that can only really be experienced on a high end PC. It was a beautiful game when it was released on the PS3, it can be even more so if you guys decide to remove the restrictions on resolution, graphics cards, and controls and let us use our systems to run that game like it was made to be run.

admiral-zephyr
13th Oct 2014, 23:31
It's sad when a great game is ruined because of a bad port...

ChaosBlades
14th Oct 2014, 01:09
This is really such a shame. I wanted to get all 3 FF13 games even though I already own the first 2 on PS3 because PC is my platform of choice. But I just can't bring myself to pay anything for such a bad "we don't care about your platform in the slightest", port. Because that is how I feel about this. It is a plain and simple slap in the face to PC Gamers.

EternalAmbiguity
14th Oct 2014, 02:10
You know, the only "problems," really, with this port are the resolution and the framerate. One of those is a real issue, the other not so much.

But other than that--while we PC gamers are definitely used to more graphical options and some of the other things here, they really aren't necessary. Let's remember for a moment that we're talking about Square Enix, a company with very, very little PC experience.

Fede88
14th Oct 2014, 17:55
Please Fix the frame rate , i can't play this game in the current state

theNAKAMI
14th Oct 2014, 18:44
SE, you about to lose a big fan of your series. why did this port of FF13 even made it to steam in that state?!

please fix all the graphical options described here.

the inconsistent 20-60 frame rate just is not right - i have a high-performance gpu-card.

ThE_MarD
14th Oct 2014, 19:34
Heyyo,

I'd also love to see custom resolution picking and FIX the 30fps framerate cap in combat please... oh, and while you're at it? Fix the game to work with Multi-GPUs for both AMD CrossFire and NVIDIA SLI please.

Weehamish
14th Oct 2014, 21:12
TBH people, i think you are asking a bit too much for £11 lol.

The only thing they need to do is enable higher resolutions and sort the fps out, thats it.

I dont care about people with crap download speeds or caps, i dont care about english or jap being selectable.

2 things thats all they need to do.

Asking for multi GPU support on a console port is just stupid, the game can be maxed with 1 card if it was optimised, so people who have multi gpus please shhh and disable sli or crossfire when they optimise the game.

The FPS drops is due to the games vysnc, similar to how bioshock 3 works, as soon as it cant keep 60 fps it will drop to 30 ect, if they optimise the game it will run fine at 60 all day.

The game really does look great even at 720p for such an old game it still looks nice, whoever thinks it looks bad must have a poop PC or something. Ive seen some peoples screenshots and they look nothing like what it looks like to me? Maybe it downscales some settings on poop PCs?

Anways, as above, fix these 2 things, ignore the rest, i mean people asking for them to remove the jap voices so your download is smaller? wtf stfu this is 2014 ffs, optimise and allow more resolutions = 99% of the buyers happy.

Weehamish
14th Oct 2014, 21:14
I stopped at 4 days to download lol....... cheap people complaining because they are too cheap to get better broadband lol?........

Weehamish
14th Oct 2014, 21:15
How can pre rendered cut scenes lag lol? I think you need sort your pc out boy......

peachmango
14th Oct 2014, 23:41
I think OP is correct, this is 720p joke

Sammy_Kneen
16th Oct 2014, 19:09
I love the XIII series and I have tried everything to fix the stuttering and framerate drops in this game.

I have an AMD 3.8 quad core processor and Radeon R9 280X graphics card but I can't keep it above 20fps in battle, the only thing that makes it remotely playable is capping my framerate and refresh rate to 30 so the drops aren't quite as noticeable.

My PC is more than capable. Please can other AMD users also speak up so hopefully Square can fix this.

This game deserves better than this :(

DarkShadowRage
16th Oct 2014, 19:34
Square please don't leave us in the dark, we are paying customers give us support!

Novicek
16th Oct 2014, 23:37
I asked for support regarding the game's performance. They sent me an email to send them some detailed information about my PC. I'm not sure if this is just a standard procedure or if they're collecting data to actually try fixing the issue, but I'll let you know if they reply with anything useful.

KayleighWright1989
17th Oct 2014, 07:03
Child of Light is also only £11.99 and plays flawlessly, we're still paying.

Just PLEASE fix the framerate Square, it's upsetting to play :'(

I also have an AMD and Radeon Card.

Novicek
17th Oct 2014, 12:42
Well, after several email exchanges with the support team, it ended with this:

"Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We have had reports from other players encountering the same experience as the one you have described.

We do not have any advise or fixes to prevent the drop to 30 fps at this moment however we have escalated your issue to ensure that our development team are aware or it.

We will get in touch as soon as we have an update for you or in case we require any further information."

So basically, no confirmation of anything (I think that the western SE has just as no clue as to whether something is being done, as we are), but they know about it and are sending the info to the development team.

KayleighWright1989
18th Oct 2014, 20:23
Feeling really let down that they've released this game in this state, why is it so jerky? I don't mind the resolution as much but the framerate is like playing on a buffering youtube video...

Have an AMD 3.8ghz & Radeon 280X card too :-(

Gonna wait until they fix it before I go on Lightning and her companion's epic journey again. At least Lightning is still amazing ♥

Please be quick Square, I'm your biggest fan.

rgabriel15
19th Oct 2014, 19:30
Me

Im playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow and bought Risen Collection to play until they release a patch.
Im not really upset by the lack of graphical options and the lock to 720p, but im by the performance issues. I have an AMD FX 6300 @3.5 Ghz, 8Gb, AMD HD 6850 and the game runs at 30fps and dips to 20fps in cutscenes and in combat. Cmon, we are in 2014 and the game only uses 1 full core of the CPU (17%) and 25% of the GPU. I know its a port and the price is cheap, but i was hopping to play at least at a solid 30fps.

I really hope they fix at least the performance issues or i will not buy XIII-2 and LR.

KayleighWright1989
20th Oct 2014, 08:39
Your problem sounds really similar to mine :-( It really needs optimizing for AMD.

And yeah it's cheap but Child of Light is only £11.99 and it's smooth as silk.

I also seem to get stuttering even when the framerate isn't dipping which is weird...It just overall feels really jerky.

Sammy_Kneen
20th Oct 2014, 08:45
Snap! I have an AMD 4300 Quad with R9 280X card and the stuttering and framerate drops in this game are driving me crazy :(

Spoken to Square Enix Support last week and they said they will e-mail me back if they have any news for me about a fix, still waiting though...

I'll be really upset if it doesn't get sorted.

Motoki
20th Oct 2014, 15:47
I'm waiting for it to get fixed to even buy it in the first place. The condition this port is reported to be in is unacceptable to me and the lack of any communication of acknowledgement of it buy Square since the release is insulting.

In case any Square people happen to read this I suggest they go take a look at the FF XIII forum on Steam because there's a lot of unhappy people there.

Motoki
20th Oct 2014, 15:51
I agree with this, they need to patch this game. The condition it was released in is unacceptable and the lack of anyone responding or addressing this issue is terrible. The best anyone can get with a lot of effort is 'Um, we'll tell someone".

The whole thing is just really bad business, it's ruining their reputation among some PC gamers and they don't know or don't care.

MinhnMon
21st Oct 2014, 00:19
When the Final Fantasy XIII first released for PC, I played and absolutely addicted to it. And I'm just wondering if there will be more of Lightning's action on Steam ? My friends said that the whole trilogy gonna be on PC, can someone confirm this for me ?
Thank you very much :)

Grimoire
21st Oct 2014, 05:44
Yes, that is correct.

Sonikko
21st Oct 2014, 20:54
The port is really bad, the demand for a patch is really high, and yet they don't even answer with a straight no or yes. Do we have to wait for it or not?

DarkShadowRage
21st Oct 2014, 21:25
the lack of an answer is disturbing.

Sonikko
21st Oct 2014, 21:39
Exactly, I have almost 100%ed the game, and I had to play it with 20fps during battles, which is unacceptable in 2014. At least if they're not going to fix this, I hope they'll get the next ones right, XIII-2 and XIII-3!

psychicdrill
21st Oct 2014, 22:48
Not to lessen your problems guys, I bet those are awfully annoying, but I am still more concerned about the constant locking of the keyboard! I am not alone in this, and it's a real pain ending every session, cause the game becomes unresponsive and doesn't want to quit! If this isn't a bad product, then I don't know what is!

dead430955
22nd Oct 2014, 03:13
I also created an account just to post on this forum. This game is unacceptable and everyone should avoid it like the plague until it is fixed. I even contacted Totalbiscuit to see if he would put his two cents in on the matter. I'm hoping he will tear Square a new one!

zsocc-nrg
31st Oct 2014, 09:10
Please Square Enix inform us about the process of patching! Do you even intend to do something about the issues?
Graphical options, 1080p + 60 FPS, Movement options should be natural on PC, it's not a console game you know.
If you do something, do it properly, since the existence of STEAM it is easy to get back the money, you spent on development, you should just do it with passion!

P0kerz
1st Nov 2014, 20:19
Pulsian Pioneer achievement not triggering:
I remember getting Pulsian Pioneer (in game) through my first playthrough by talking to a fully-repaired Bhakti, but the achievement never triggered. I'm now in post game and went back to Bhakti in hopes of it triggering after talking to him again but no trigger. I had to go back and trigger Instrument of Faith as well but that worked because I had a save right before Ch 12. I assume the only way to trigger the achievement is the first time you talk to Bhakti upon completing the Pulsian Pioneer requirements. I only have a save at the beginning of Ch. 11 which is very annoying because I did a lot of farming before I continued w/ the story in that chapter. So I'd have to attempt to rush to Oerba and not even sure rushing there would give me the 10k steps required. They really need to add a checker for that achievement each visit to Bhakti even if the title is already earned in game.

Grimoire
11th Nov 2014, 21:17
Final Fantasy XIII

FINAL FANTASY XIII December Update (http://steamcommunity.com/games/292120/announcements/detail/251401353223653928)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 comes to PC next month, Final Fantasy XIII PC resolution to be updated (http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/11/final-fantasy-xiii-2-comes-to-pc-next-month-final-fantasy-xiii-pc-resolution-to-be-updated/). (Nova Crystallis)

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PC (https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/532249552477102080) will be available on Dec 11, 2014!
- Preorder today and get 10% off!
- FFXIII-2 Steam Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa2BR6Vg2M0).
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC Out Dec 11 on Steam (http://www.finalfantasy.net/xiii-2/final-fantasy-xiii2-pc-dec-11-steam/). (Final Fantasy Network)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 Coming To Steam Next Month; Will Support 60fps, 1080p (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/11/final-fantasy-xiii-2-coming-steam-next-month-will-support-60fps-1080p/). (Siliconera)

Grimoire
14th Nov 2014, 01:45
PC’s Final Fantasy XIII-2 for 32% Off (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/13/final-fantasy-xiii-2-pc-32-plus-50-steam-cards-40/), Plus Steam & PSN Gift Card Deals (Siliconera)
- From pre-order deals on next month’s FF XIII-2 to $50 Steam & PSN gift cards for $40 – you can smell holiday deals in the air.

Sammy_Kneen
15th Nov 2014, 14:32
Final Fantasy XIII

FINAL FANTASY XIII December Update (http://steamcommunity.com/games/292120/announcements/detail/251401353223653928)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 comes to PC next month, Final Fantasy XIII PC resolution to be updated (http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/11/final-fantasy-xiii-2-comes-to-pc-next-month-final-fantasy-xiii-pc-resolution-to-be-updated/). (Nova Crystallis)

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PC (https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/532249552477102080) will be available on Dec 11, 2014!
- Preorder today and get 10% off!
- FFXIII-2 Steam Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa2BR6Vg2M0).
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC Out Dec 11 on Steam (http://www.finalfantasy.net/xiii-2/final-fantasy-xiii2-pc-dec-11-steam/). (Final Fantasy Network)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 Coming To Steam Next Month; Will Support 60fps, 1080p (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/11/final-fantasy-xiii-2-coming-steam-next-month-will-support-60fps-1080p/). (Siliconera)

Thankyou for the update, I hope this fixes the framerate problems and stuttering I get in game too. Please pass my thanks on to the developers for them taking the time to do this.

If you could also suggest to them that I would very much like a Hard Mode for XIII-2? It didn't offer quite as much challenge as the first game during the main quest.

Thanks again.

Grimoire
15th Nov 2014, 15:59
Duly noted. I have passed on your request to the community team.

zsocc-nrg
16th Nov 2014, 18:48
I just would like to ask a few things about the december update of FFXIII PC.
Will the movement be customizable or it comes with a later update (if there will be any)?
Will there be advanced graphical options (Antialiasing, low-medium-high settings)?

Anyway I'm really happy with the update and that you listen to the PC community!

Grimoire
16th Nov 2014, 19:20
I will keep you posted with the details as they become available.

EternalAmbiguity
17th Nov 2014, 04:13
Duly noted. I have passed on your request to the community team.
I didn't know you had access to them. That's...interesting.

Gives me hope about XV (it'd be great to have that game on PC! :P).

Grimoire
17th Nov 2014, 04:38
I didn't know you had access to them. That's...interesting.

Gives me hope about XV (it'd be great to have that game on PC! :P).

They were the ones who appointed me to this position in the first place, so that much should be obvious. ;)

Grimoire
21st Nov 2014, 11:54
Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC includes console DLC (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-xiii-2-pc-includes-console-dlc)
- All of the content listed will come with the PC version of Final Fantasy XIII-2 at no extra cost.

EternalAmbiguity
1st Dec 2014, 04:51
They were the ones who appointed me to this position in the first place, so that much should be obvious. ;)

Of course. I'm not thinking.

EternalAmbiguity
12th Dec 2014, 06:10
The addition of resolutions is a definite good thing. I can downscale (1920x1200). However, the game still drops to 30 FPS during battles. This really needs to be fixed.

Grimoire
12th Dec 2014, 22:28
Final Fantasy XIII-2 now available on Windows PC (https://twitter.com/OfficialFFXIII/status/543111347219607552/photo/1)!
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 Steam Debut Deal (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/11/final-fantasy-xiii-2-gets-25-discount-steam-debut/) + More Mid-Week Deals. (Siliconera)

(Duly noted.)

Sammy_Kneen
23rd Jan 2015, 13:44
When is Lightning Returns coming out for PC guys? Please let us know, I'm upgrading my PC so I can hopefully play it at max settings haha. :)

Grimoire
23rd Jan 2015, 19:51
I shall let you know as soon as I hear anything new.

SagaHawk
29th Jan 2015, 13:36
x

mike_ptbr
29th Jan 2015, 17:27
Change the power management on your Nvidia Control Painel to prefer maximum performance to improve FPS, for some odd reason the GPU likes to enter in sleep mode when we're running FFXIII & FFXIII-2. :zzZ:

http://www.liax.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/nvidiacontrolpanelphotoshopcrashsolution1.jpg

Another way to improve FPS is overclock, and have an I5 or I7 CPU to 4.2GHz or more, what this basically means is that this game loves overclocked CPUs. The higher your frequency, the better. After all, this is the only way to overcome the game’s single-threaded CPU issues. And in case you are wondering, no; there is no CPU able to run FFXIII & FF XIII-2 with constant 60fps.

kratosxwar
31st Jan 2015, 23:43
My pc:
AMD 6970
FX 8120 overclock 4,33 GHZ
4GB RAM DDR 1866

And battles fps down 10 fps... Explorer 25-30 fps
Before never this problem, game run good.

Sleepwalkaz
5th Feb 2015, 20:44
GOOD god how do we get them to optimize this game?