PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Question

mjlyons
10th Jun 2006, 18:00
Well, like many others probably, I rushed to get the game without properly checking the min requirements. I'm okay in all respects except for my darned graphics card. Sadly, since I run a laptop, I can't do anything about that :(

I did the Hitman Blood Money System Requirements test at EidosInteractive.com (If only i'd known about that before I got it :mad2: !!!). These are what my graphics card got:

Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 64.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 1.1 FAIL
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0 FAIL

It's a RADEON IGP 345M. Before you say anything, I didn't know that was what I had at the time. I've just played a lot of games on this laptop and never had an issue before, so it's never been on my mind. I played all the other Hitman games just fine *sigh*

My question however is this: Is there any possible way to alter the game configs so that it doesn't require these two things? Like somehow dropping down the graphics requirements to remove the necessity for all that shading etc...?

Incidently, I discovered my graphics card can't handle it thusly; it plays the first screen and the nice "Ave Maria" bit beautifully, then goes into the Blue Screen of Death, saying that ati3duag.dll is at fault, before restarting my laptop. I've never actually seen the blue screen on this thing before.

BrandonB
10th Jun 2006, 18:06
Well, like many others probably, I rushed to get the game without properly checking the min requirements. I'm okay in all respects except for my darned graphics card. Sadly, since I run a laptop, I can't do anything about that :(

I did the Hitman Blood Money System Requirements test at EidosInteractive.com (If only i'd known about that before I got it :mad2: !!!). These are what my graphics card got:

Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 64.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 1.1 FAIL
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0 FAIL

It's a RADEON IGP 345M. Before you say anything, I didn't know that was what I had at the time. I've just played a lot of games on this laptop and never had an issue before, so it's never been on my mind. I played all the other Hitman games just fine *sigh*

My question however is this: Is there any possible way to alter the game configs so that it doesn't require these two things? Like somehow dropping down the graphics requirements to remove the necessity for all that shading etc...?

Incidently, I discovered my graphics card can't handle it thusly; it plays the first screen and the nice "Ave Maria" bit beautifully, then goes into the Blue Screen of Death, saying that ati3duag.dll is at fault, before restarting my laptop. I've never actually seen the blue screen on this thing before.

You can alter the games .ini to say shaderquality low or something like that, but alot of people that do that when they shoot the game crashes so good luck with that.

mjlyons
10th Jun 2006, 21:28
You can alter the games .ini to say shaderquality low or something like that, but alot of people that do that when they shoot the game crashes so good luck with that.

Now then, I just tried altering the .ini both for that, and the other change someone suggested, "DefaultScene=M00/M00_intro.GMS". Also I went into dxdiag and turned down the sound acceleration a bit.

So I got to see the awesome bit with the Big Wheel breaking down and crashing, then the game loaded up and I saw Agent 47 approaching a broken down old house. But then when that cutscene ended, I just got a black screen. No way out of it.

So apparently, it's just not going to do it. Darn, I got my hopes up there for a minute.

BrandonB
10th Jun 2006, 22:23
Now then, I just tried altering the .ini both for that, and the other change someone suggested, "DefaultScene=M00/M00_intro.GMS". Also I went into dxdiag and turned down the sound acceleration a bit.

So I got to see the awesome bit with the Big Wheel breaking down and crashing, then the game loaded up and I saw Agent 47 approaching a broken down old house. But then when that cutscene ended, I just got a black screen. No way out of it.

So apparently, it's just not going to do it. Darn, I got my hopes up there for a minute.

Dont loose hope just yet, try lookin around at hitmanforum.com. Might be able to find a solution there. :)

chaplain_wu
15th Jun 2006, 16:49

It's a RADEON IGP 345M. Before you say anything, I didn't know that was what I had at the time. .
Well, now you know you can't play Blood Money. Thats unfortunate, but true. Only real solutions is to not play or buy a computer that can. Its amazing how you managed to play games until now, unless it was solitaire or the first red alert

bamesah
25th Jun 2006, 11:05
I have the same problem, i got a laptop, bought the game, and then
found that my graphics card doesn't meet the minimum requirments:mad2:

I don't know what to do now, the game is working but it is quite laggy

y2j826
4th Jul 2006, 09:57
use "3D anaylse" software it might can help to play the game. and tweak ur comp for best gaming performence.