PDA

View Full Version : Message from Chris:

Vampmaster
10th Jun 2006, 02:39
Yesterday I wrote an e-mail to Chris Bruno and begged him for an answer.
This is what he wrote back to me:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eidos put the LOK series on hold after Defiance and has kept it under review since. There is always a possibility of another LOK in the future, but I do not have any firm confirmation of this at this time. If anything is announced you will be able to read about it in the Eidos forums. If you would like to write letters or requests for another LOK game, please do and have your friends and fellow fans do the same.
Here is our address:

Crystal Dynamics
Attention: LOK Series Producer
64 Willow Place
Menlo Park, Ca
USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start writing letters, all of you!!!!!

This looks genuine, but if it's not I'm sure we'll find out. Nice to finally get some news even if it's not very good news.

Vampmaster
11th Jun 2006, 01:05
I should add that this WAS posted recently (June 2006) when Chris's last statement about it being planned was made about 3 years ago.

Omega
11th Jun 2006, 13:20
So basically - if this does indeed to be genuine - that we fans inundate CD with mounds of letters? ;)

TheWatcher
12th Jun 2006, 01:27
Not the news any of us wanted to hear, but count me in for a letter. Too bad we couldn't get an e-mail address. It's been a long time since I've put pen to paper to write a letter.

Malus
12th Jun 2006, 16:30
Not the news any of us wanted to hear, but count me in for a letter. Too bad we couldn't get an e-mail address. It's been a long time since I've put pen to paper to write a letter.

Kain never used email...

hehe, count me in!

Smoke_Z
12th Jun 2006, 22:11
Um, I'm afraid of stamps.

Could someone pretend to be me and send them a letter? It's easy to pretend to be me, just break into your dad's liquor cabinet and sample all of the shiny bottles.

Raziel'sRevenge
13th Jun 2006, 02:04
@ Smoke_Z: Well, if it's really so important then I suppose I'll just have to take one for the team... *gets "ol' smashy" ready and heads for your dad's liquor cabinet*

Anyways I'll deffinantly be writing a letter and I think I can get a few friend to send one as well!

exmachinad
13th Jun 2006, 19:38
If I live in the USA I could write a letter... :sigh:

Vampmaster
13th Jun 2006, 22:27
If you're in the UK, maybe you could try:

Eidos Interactive Ltd
Wimbledon House
1 Hartfield Road
Wimbledon
SW19 3RU

It was towards the back of the manual (page 32) in the copy I have. So there's probably some address around there in the manual where ever you live.

Jeffers
14th Jun 2006, 12:59
Meh, I'll send one off to the USA no problem.

Hell, why not one to the US and the UK. (How much will it cost for the US? Take it more then a first class stamp? Edit: Oh, 72p. Letter being wrote at the weekend!)

Jeffers

Omega
14th Jun 2006, 17:05
Not much more than sending normal letters from within the UK.

I've sent plenty of snail mails to the US, less than one pound!

MasterArcaJeth
14th Jun 2006, 20:04
And here I was about to gripe about sending a letter from Canada, but if you dudes from the UK are willing to send it across an ocean, I suppose I could break the bank for that extra forty cents...

Anoobish
15th Jun 2006, 12:48
I'd really appreciate it, if Umah - or even Chris himself! - came and answered this...

Omega
15th Jun 2006, 18:18
With the greatest of respect to Umah, she doesn't work for CD.

Anoobish
15th Jun 2006, 18:46
Yeah, but for some reason, it always feels like she has a better clue to this then we do, even if she doesn't :P

Umah Bloodomen
16th Jun 2006, 02:59
Yeah, but for some reason, it always feels like she has a better clue to this then we do, even if she doesn't :P

Do not underestimate the power of the Darkside. ;)

Anoobish
16th Jun 2006, 08:27
Oh, but I don't, mighty Darth Umah... ;)

*Submitting bow*

So, is that a threat or a hint? You might be hinting you know something! (Oh my... I'm becoming as paranoid as Kain...:mad2: ) :D

dumah's wraith
16th Jun 2006, 22:18
Do not underestimate the power of the Darkside. ;)
You do knowthe dark side was obliterated, yes? *stares up at death star orbiting nosgoth*

Umah Bloodomen
16th Jun 2006, 23:58
Oh, but I don't, mighty Darth Umah... ;)

*Submitting bow*

So, is that a threat or a hint? You might be hinting you know something! (Oh my... I'm becoming as paranoid as Kain...:mad2: ) :D

Why that is for me to know and you to find out, my young apprentice. :D

dumah's wraith ~

The Death Star may have been obliterated, but the Darkside of the force lives on. Muhahahahahahha!

dragonfly2
17th Jun 2006, 00:04
:D Well I'm getten my pen and paper out and sending a posty. I don't mind paying the extra postage to the states. It's just across the river to me .:nut:

dumah's wraith
17th Jun 2006, 22:13
Hey, maybe the emperor climbed out of that shaft in his room and escaped. He then became president of eidos.
Umah: The wraith...It knows too much.[/SPOILER[SPOILER]What I never figured out was why Vader was suddenly dying. Luke wasn't even staggering and he'd taken much more of that lightning

fneh
17th Jun 2006, 22:55
because electical equipment (IE robotic parts on a cyborg...) have less resistance to electrical damage (for obvious reasons) and the fact that darth was considerably older than luke so while he can fight like a young man his body isn't as durable as it was when he was younger

why does everything always end up coming down to star wars of all things??

FearGhoul
18th Jun 2006, 03:31
I could bring up the Teletubbies. You see, when the Ancient Vampires were trying to decide how to get rid of the Hylden, they used some thingy to look into other planes, and found two likely places to send the Hylden for eternal suffering. One was the Demon Dimension, and the other was the Creepy Fake Garden With Bomb Shelters and Strange Mutant TV Things Dimension. They were afraid that the Hylden could ally themselves with either occupents, so they chose the lesser of two evils, but at the cost of accidentally revealing themselves to both. And now, the Baby God of the Sun is relentless in his hunger for more Realms.......

vampire][vorador
18th Jun 2006, 15:12
Well, latest news about CD's Work...Unfortunetly not LOK, so a lack of hope is growing here...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152838.html

Anoobish
19th Jun 2006, 16:06
I really would like to swear, right now... Umah, can I get a special permission to swear, just this once?

Umah Bloodomen
19th Jun 2006, 21:25
I really would like to swear, right now... Umah, can I get a special permission to swear, just this once?

I suppose so. But only this once, though. Just be aware that you'll get an exciting 24-hour vacation if you do. :D ;)

Rove2
19th Jun 2006, 22:20
I've sent my letter. :)

wishmaster
20th Jun 2006, 16:33
I suppose so. But only this once, though. Just be aware that you'll get an exciting 24-hour vacation if you do. :D ;)

Is that all expanses paid?
In that case i would like to go to hawai.

Omega
20th Jun 2006, 18:06
In that case i would like to go to hawai.

Prefer Venice myself.

Anoobish
21st Jun 2006, 17:28
Phew. Banland sure is a boring place. Must be because there are no LoK forums there :scratch:

Vampmaster
21st Jun 2006, 21:01
Well let them know about it so they can write in with more letters!

NECROMANCER
29th Jun 2006, 12:42
now that the company "crystal dinamics" finish with the game "tomb raider legend" I suppose that they began to carry out the continuation of the game "defiance" that leave the history for the half.

I would put variety of armors and combos to kain. a music would also place but moved as it can be it the musical band "rhapsody" or some music of I generate epic metal since gives a lot of adrenaline to the game.

and God willing a movie comes out BUT GOOD CLEAR!!! of that game that is the best thing that it exists!!!

http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/533/lokdefiance1vl.th.jpg (http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lokdefiance1vl.jpg)

PD: IM FROM URUGUAY, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH :D

BigKevSexyMan
8th Jul 2006, 02:58
How can you all be so naive? Why would Chris want us, of all people, to mail Eidos? Because he finally realized he spoke out of turn in saying that there'll be another LoK game. Why would we have to write into Eidos if there were gonna eventually do another LoK game? Because they're not. I know I'm not staff, but read between the lines people. Eidos gave up on the series. Do you really think that they're gonna do a whole new game after it's been so long? The only people who would buy the a new LoK game are to few at this point. They're not gonna be able to get ahold of the casual gamer. Kain isn't as big of an icon as Lara Croft. That's one of the reasons why Tomb Raider could make that comeback.

Ok, I'm gonna get out of here before Umah bans me for something stupid again.

Umah Bloodomen
8th Jul 2006, 03:01

Hey, you're the one electing to participate in stupid behavior. Food for thought, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

BigKevSexyMan
8th Jul 2006, 03:12
Oh, please. In the post you banned me from I was the only one being nice to the guy. OOooO, so I made a little joke no one but you would take seriously, big deal.

And if anyone was actually offended by it they could just as well tell me that they were like a man. Oh, I guess you're gonna ban me now because of that sexist comment. I might be implying that women wouldn't say things to my face.

Vampmaster
9th Jul 2006, 02:07
How can you all be so naive? Why would Chris want us, of all people, to mail Eidos? Because he finally realized he spoke out of turn in saying that there'll be another LoK game. Why would we have to write into Eidos if there were gonna eventually do another LoK game? Because they're not. I know I'm not staff, but read between the lines people. Eidos gave up on the series. Do you really think that they're gonna do a whole new game after it's been so long? The only people who would buy the a new LoK game are to few at this point. They're not gonna be able to get ahold of the casual gamer. Kain isn't as big of an icon as Lara Croft. That's one of the reasons why Tomb Raider could make that comeback.

Just because they aren't planning a game at the moment doesn't mean they're refusing to make another Kain game ever. Tomb Raider is popular, but there are plenty of games that do well that are the first in a series and have no icon at all. TR is easier to make sequels for anyway because it never had any story that ran through several games, whereas the Kain series has needed players to have played the prevoius games to understand it. SR1, was a true sequel because it didn't require you to have played BO1 to understand what was going on. SR2 and Defiance were continuing incomplete stories from the previous games, so I don't really consider those as sequels in the same way. It would be a good point to introduce new players at the moment, now Raziel's story arc is finished and Kain's on his own again. I think if it can avoid dependancies on the previous games for perhaps the first hour of play then it will have got players interested by then. Maybe if the intro showed what was happening to Kains empire before SR1 or maybe a flashback scene of the vampire-hylden war that started Kains destiny off and then only showed what Kain did about those problems later on in the game it get new players interested without getting them confused.

blincoln
9th Jul 2006, 05:49
Chris never said there would be another game released. He said that one was being worked on, and that was true. I assume it's been mothballed, but that doesn't mean another game will NEVER be made.

How about we try and keep this thread positive? I sent a letter in because the series has been a lot of fun for me to play, not because I think that if they receive a certain number it will have an impact either way on future games.

tolkien3
10th Jul 2006, 01:28
or we could just send a bomb threat letter "make a new LOK game or BURN!!!!"

Anoobish
10th Jul 2006, 07:34
I'd actually prefer that. It would only serve as motivation to make it good :D

DjChrisGeo
12th Jul 2006, 00:30
just sent mine off today! I think we should send them letters once a week, then once every three days, then everyday until they give us a new game!

Omega
12th Jul 2006, 13:29
That's a good idea!

I think I'll send one off every week!

LOK kain is the greatest
12th Jul 2006, 15:40
i second that. but then again...we don't want them drowning in mail so thay can't make the game....

Alas CD we knew it well, death by fan mail. hehehehe:lol:

luv KITG

(elder god, I miss my old banner *sob*)

WraithStar
13th Jul 2006, 21:55
:( Not exactly what I wanted to hear...oh well. At least there's some news one way or the other. Maybe we can convince them to release a transcript of whatever got cut from Defiance that was supposed to explain Vorador. By the way, what's up with all of the new smilies? :scratch: I check for new info on Kain, and if Legend is likely to not work on my machine (I still haven't gotten it yet because the demo didn't work too well), and I find that everything is updated...

LOK kain is the greatest
13th Jul 2006, 22:24
By the way, what's up with all of the new smilies? :scratch: I check for new info on Kain, and if Legend is likely to not work on my machine (I still haven't gotten it yet because the demo didn't work too well), and I find that everything is updated...

Yeah, that was my reaction too lol, seems they gone and done a huge update. not bad though

PS: thanks lol for having my old banner:D

Smoke_Z
14th Jul 2006, 20:09
I keep saying they need to make a new story with all the elements needed to draw in the LOK fans. (In addition to the people that wouldn't get into LOK because they need the backstory.) They're even more likely to get us hooked if there is some bonus material relating to LOk. (TR:legend easter eggs? Better, like an elusive question answered.)

Raziel'sRevenge
16th Jul 2006, 05:27
I completely agree with Smoke_Z on this one. The next game has to be something new and original with enough in it that doesn't require knowlege of the other games so that anyone can play it. The idea of sending a letter a week isn't bad either, I think I'll take that up myself!

WraithStar
16th Jul 2006, 21:21
I suppose that the only major threads they have to tie up are Vorador's resurrection, which could be done in the intro FMV, depending on where the game is going, and Kain fighting EG, which would be kind of hard to sweep under the rug given that they set it up to be an epic battle that would take a long time to complete. Although, I suppose they could skip ahead in time and say that was already done and also get it out of the way in the intro so that people who've played the rest of the series get closure on that story arc, and newcomers get to see some really cool FMV's even if they don't know the entire backstory behind it all.

FearGhoul
17th Jul 2006, 02:15
Oh hell no. I want to beat the Elder God to mashed squid myself.

WraithStar
17th Jul 2006, 05:50
Oh hell no. I want to beat the Elder God to mashed squid myself.

Me too :) I meant what I said in terms of if the next game was following a totally new story arc, I'd want to at least know how this one ended (although of course I'd prefer to play it myself :D)

blincoln
17th Jul 2006, 21:42
I thought the SR1 intro did that kind of thing well. It bridged the gap with Blood Omen, but was short and to the point. If you played Blood Omen before or after seeing it, it told you everything you needed to know. If you didn't, it provided the backstory you needed to get into the game.

Omega
17th Jul 2006, 21:47
I thought the SR1 intro did that kind of thing well. It bridged the gap with Blood Omen, but was short and to the point. If you played Blood Omen before or after seeing it, it told you everything you needed to know. If you didn't, it provided the backstory you needed to get into the game.

Seconded.

SR1 was the first game of the series for me. I didn't play BO until after playing BO2, but the intro for SR1 was perfectly apt.

WraithStar
18th Jul 2006, 03:57

Yes, the SR1 intro did that very well. I didn't really think that the Defiance intro did a good job, though, because it didn't really set the story up for newcomers, and people who played the previous games already saw that footage. I get the feeling that it was hard to introduce Defiance because Defiance was really supposed to be part of SR2, so the game really started in the middle of the story. It's impossible to appeal to both old and new fans with the second half of a story. Either the player knows the first half and expects everything to get resolved, or the player doesn't know the first half and has no idea what's going on. I hope that a future game will have the succinct and informative introduction style of SR1. That will probably be a lot easier to do with the next game because most of the threads from the previous games got tied up, so they don't have to be mentioned.

Smoke_Z
18th Jul 2006, 17:09
SR2 wasn't a completely terrible place to start, either. It was a little confusing, but there was quite a bit of exposition. (I'm a bit thick, so it didn't occur to me that Raziel's twisted appearance wasn't the natural product of being created, and it wasn't inhuman existence that he was really bitter about.) The short of it is that enough of the story was there to enjoy what was going on.

But SR1 is the better treatment. You saw Nupraptor's retreat, but you didn't care what is was unless you played BO.

BO2 isn't horrible in the storyline aspect, either. The history that is explained in it is the history missing between BO1 and BO2. It's connection to the other games is tenuos.

WraithStar
18th Jul 2006, 18:58
Exactly, Smoke_Z :) The only thing I have to add is that I think that BO2's connection to the rest of the series is only tenuous because SR2 was so short. If SR2 had had all of the things of substance from Defiance (including explaining Vorador's resurrection, which I believe was cut from Defiance) then everyone would have understood exactly where BO2 was coming from when it came out.

Fuse
26th Aug 2006, 15:22
I'm still going to wait for ps3 to come out to see if they have any new news. But Its looking really grim. Then the strong booming voice of tony jay :( (RIP)
has left us. Does that mean they will have to use old voice samples to finish off the elder god? :scratch: Maby in the new game, if. Its really under lock and key? Amy and tony now I don't really know what to think. :scratch: So I went and blew some money on a psp, 1 game and 2 movies,what where they thinking? :nut: I'll just wait until that day comes. I fill like I've been lied to. You know when you get that bad felling in the pit of your gut.:mad: Well its like that. I'll tell ya my gf's not that bad as far as holding out on info goes. I just don't get it. The other day I thought I saw a pic of razial as a vampire. It looked like a shot from a game, but I've never played that one. :eek: It even looks good. But who knows right?! I don't know anymore. A yes were making that game or a no sorry were not going to do it would be nice. I'm not mad. Just looking for the way out of this black hole.:mad2:

Have fun people!

Paradoxical Life
4th Oct 2006, 21:31
...hi
I just wanted to remind you all to continue writing letters!! please...
we should never stop writing....
omg..I'm tired ,it's late ,I'm in melancholy state but I can't stop thinking of LoK
....continue writing people :(