PDA

View Full Version : Jaggy Self Shadowing

Ryan1219
8th Jun 2006, 18:34
Has anyone encountered this issue?

My system is more than capable of running the game smoothly with all the features cranked to max (including self shadowing active) and everything looks great with one exception:

the self-shadowing creates shadows that fall realistically, but have very jagged edges as if no anti-aliasing is being applied to them. It's not game-breaking or anything, but it does hurt the cosmetics a bit.

Any help would be mucho appreciated!

I'm running the game on a Dell Dimension with 2g of ram, and an ATI Radeon X800 XT (It's a couple years old if I'm remembering the model correctly---maybe the pixel shader is outdated?).

Thanks!

Quillan
8th Jun 2006, 19:11
No, it's not. I'm running the game on a 6800 Ultra, and I see the same thing. So it's not the pixel shader version causing that. As you said, it's not a game breaker, so I have ignored it.

Ryan1219
8th Jun 2006, 22:32
Thanks for the reply! Good to know it's not my system, I'll just play and enjoy as is!

Xcom
8th Jun 2006, 23:15
I have that too on 7900GT. Didn't even bother to investigate this one.

OHM
8th Jun 2006, 23:43
I have had bad experience with ”self shadowing”, Never looked good (shader 3.0 feature?) was the same in “Oblivion” with the really pixely edges as in blood money. :scratch:

No. 47
9th Jun 2006, 15:50
Set drop shadow quality to hard from the graphics menu.